VOGONS

Gravis Ultrasound Class Rev 3.74 Missing IC

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 30, by Evert

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yeah, I suppose so. Was so keen to get a GUS that I overlooked small details. A hard lesson learnt either way.

sigpic2689_1.gif

Reply 21 of 30, by bjt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Awesome work keropi. This GUS may live yet!

Reply 22 of 30, by HighTreason

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Good work indeed. I considered dumping mine but I have a much earlier revision, the card looks different enough that I thought it was unlikely to be compatible and would probably not be worth it.

Think I'm on either a 2.4 or a 3.4. I'd go with 3.4.

My Youtube - My Let's Plays - SoundCloud - My FTP (Drivers and more)

Reply 23 of 30, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Evert wrote:
I won this card in an eBay auction. As you can see it's in great condition, but it's missing an IC, based on what I could gather […]
Show full quote

I won this card in an eBay auction. As you can see it's in great condition, but it's missing an IC, based on what I could gather it's a GAL16V8B-25LP. I saw that you can buy them on eBay for relatively little money. Do they need to be pre-programmed or can I just pop one of them into the card and it will work? Thank you in advance for any advice.

AMBuoDFl.jpg

I wonder, what's with all the pins right by the ISA connector? Is that like a passthrough?

Reply 24 of 30, by JayCeeBee64

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
Evert wrote:
I won this card in an eBay auction. As you can see it's in great condition, but it's missing an IC, based on what I could gather […]
Show full quote

I won this card in an eBay auction. As you can see it's in great condition, but it's missing an IC, based on what I could gather it's a GAL16V8B-25LP. I saw that you can buy them on eBay for relatively little money. Do they need to be pre-programmed or can I just pop one of them into the card and it will work? Thank you in advance for any advice.

AMBuoDFl.jpg

I wonder, what's with all the pins right by the ISA connector? Is that like a passthrough?

It's for the daughtercard that allows 16-bit sampling:

http://jh.haxor.fi/gf1/cards.html

Ooohh, the pain......

Reply 25 of 30, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
HighTreason wrote:

Good work indeed. I considered dumping mine but I have a much earlier revision, the card looks different enough that I thought it was unlikely to be compatible and would probably not be worth it.

Think I'm on either a 2.4 or a 3.4. I'd go with 3.4.

Maybe it should be a good idea dumping it and compare with the other dump. I don't think so, but maybe the GAL contents are equal, and the changes on the board design are in other places. I guess it would be good to know if you can mount any GAL on any GUS card.

Also, if anyone have a faulty GUS would find those dumps very interesting.

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 26 of 30, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
keropi wrote:

heh, don't feel that way Evert - we all bought the wrong thing at some point 😁

This isn't a mistake. He bought a GUS _AND_ an adventure.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 27 of 30, by sergio27ru

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello guys, may be some one can make a GAL's dump of GUS version 3.4?

Reply 28 of 30, by Hezus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That's quite the necro post @sergio, but now I'm really curious if Evert ever got his GUS working 😁

Visit my YT Channel!

Reply 29 of 30, by sergio27ru

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Found one for history 😀

Reply 30 of 30, by ltning

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sergio27ru wrote on 2020-12-15, 04:18:

Found one for history 😀

I have a 3.74 board (just arrived today along with a rev 3.4, set me back about 150 USD), but I have no idea how to make a dump of that IC - nor if it would be useful to anyone.

The Floppy Museum - on a floppy, on a 286: http://floppy.museum
286-24/4MB/ET4kW32/GUS+SBPro2
386DX-40/20MB/CL5434 ISA/GUSExtreme
486BL-100/32MB/ET4kW32p VLB/GUSPnP/AWELegacy

~ love over gold ~