VOGONS

NIB still sealed collections

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 33, by meljor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I do believe the v3 pci (in any form) sold very well thanks to the oem's (like compaq and packard bell) who sold a lot of systems with integrated agp chips that basically left people with a pci upgrade path only.
And the v3 performed very nicely in pci spec and wasn't extremely expensive.

The v4 and v5 pci are far less comon. I couldn't find a 4500 pci in the last few years here (marktplaats). Ebay has them from time to time but imho they go for crazy prices.

Maybe i did drive the prices up a lttle bit here but hey, i gave them a chance for more than 10 years to grab them for very little money! 🤣

Back to NIB items, show us the pics!!

asus tx97-e, 233mmx, voodoo1, s3 virge ,sb16
asus p5a, k6-3+ @ 550mhz, voodoo2 12mb sli, gf2 gts, awe32
asus p3b-f, p3-700, voodoo3 3500TV agp, awe64
asus tusl2-c, p3-S 1,4ghz, voodoo5 5500, live!
asus a7n8x DL, barton cpu, 6800ultra, Voodoo3 pci, audigy1

Reply 21 of 33, by havli

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@Tetrium -> Voodoo3 models overview

I'm not really a fan of sealed HW boxes, but I have a few exceptions here.

Epox EP-7KXA

Bought two of these few years ago as an old stock. Boxes are not really sealed but both boards were factory packed in anti static bags. I took one out only to take photos for my website and then put it back. The other one was never taken out of the bag. 😀

epox_1u5s13.jpg

epox_2zesgg.jpg

epox_3x3s2n.jpg

epox_4crs35.jpg

And Realtek ISA NIC - never opened package

lan_1lbs20.jpg

lan_2nrsaj.jpg

Over the years of collecting I've managed to acquire plenty of boxed hardware, but everything except these mentioned above is not new anymore... so not a subject of this thread. 🤣

HW museum.cz - my collection of PC hardware

Reply 22 of 33, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
havli wrote:
@Tetrium -> Voodoo3 models overview […]
Show full quote

@Tetrium -> Voodoo3 models overview

I'm not really a fan of sealed HW boxes, but I have a few exceptions here.

Epox EP-7KXA

Bought two of these few years ago as an old stock. Boxes are not really sealed but both boards were factory packed in anti static bags. I took one out only to take photos for my website and then put it back. The other one was never taken out of the bag. 😀

epox_1u5s13.jpg

epox_2zesgg.jpg

epox_3x3s2n.jpg

epox_4crs35.jpg

And Realtek ISA NIC - never opened package

lan_1lbs20.jpg

lan_2nrsaj.jpg

Over the years of collecting I've managed to acquire plenty of boxed hardware, but everything except these mentioned above is not new anymore... so not a subject of this thread. 🤣

Nice!

I might still have a Super Socket 7 board still with all it's original content, I might do a re-unboxing tomorrow in this thread 😁
I do remember that I actually powered on the board, but I just don't remember very well anymore but anyway all the stuff should still be there 😁

Also have 2 clamshells with token ring adapters, main reason I never opened them is because I had no use for em 🤣!

And about your other thread, I don't know if Meljor wants to contribute, but if you want I can do a count on all the features of all of my V3 cards and report back to you?
I still have the box right here next to me as I haven't put my boxes of stuff back into storage after I had inventoried them, so it's hardly any effort for me 😀

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 23 of 33, by havli

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sure, why not. I'm working on list of all Voodoo3 - Voodoo5 variants and datecode revisions (maybe older 3dfx too). Based on this one http://3dfx.cz/articles/rev.htm updated with all the info I can find. When my new website is finished, I will put the revision table in there.

Help is much appreciated. 😀

HW museum.cz - my collection of PC hardware

Reply 24 of 33, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
havli wrote:

Sure, why not. I'm working on list of all Voodoo3 - Voodoo5 variants and datecode revisions (maybe older 3dfx too). Based on this one http://3dfx.cz/articles/rev.htm updated with all the info I can find. When my new website is finished, I will put the revision table in there.

Help is much appreciated. 😀

Sure! I already added data of my V3s in your other thread. If you happen to need any more info about the V3s (or other 3DFX cards I have), feel free to ask and I can take a look 😀
Maybe Meljor will want to lend a hand also, his collection is very nice also and the data of his cards would very much help in collecting data quickly but I can't speak for him of course 😜

Report spammers here!

Reply 25 of 33, by Dreamer_of_the_past

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

My small graphics card collection

Last edited by Dreamer_of_the_past on 2016-01-25, 01:53. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 27 of 33, by Dreamer_of_the_past

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Tetrium wrote:
Dreamer_of_the_past wrote:
IMG_5687 (1).JPG

So when are you gonna unbox your boxes of boxed graphics cards? 😁

As soon as I find some time to build my retro rigs 😊, but I have a feeling that some of these will probably stay sealed forever. Unfortunately, we are limited on time in this world, but I have no problem to unbox something if I really need it for my build.

I was also able to take a photo of my sound card collection or what's left of it while organizing stuff inside my closet. Nothing special though.

Reply 28 of 33, by 386_junkie

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Now that is quite impressive... I can see about half a dozen Matrox (G200, G400), and a few voodoos (inc a V2 1000!)... and you've still a good few Soundblasters in shrink there too.

Compaq Systempro; EISA Dual 386 ¦ Compaq Junkiepro; EISA Dual 386 ¦ ALR Powerpro; EISA Dual 386

EISA Graphic Cards ¦ EISA Graphic Card Benchmarks

Reply 29 of 33, by 386_junkie

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Tetrium wrote:
IMG_5687 (1).JPG

So when are you gonna unbox your boxes of boxed graphics cards? 😁

As soon as I find some time to build my retro rigs 😊, but I have a feeling that some of these will probably stay sealed forever. Unfortunately, we are limited on time in this world, but I have no problem to unbox something if I really need it for my build.

That's a fair take on it and probably the same lines as myself... the three still sealed items I posted I have 1 or 2 of loose already so there is no need yet to tear the shrink... but as you say, should the time come when they are required and be summoned...

Though should 1 or 2 not be called upon, survive in shrink and still be around 10-20 years from now... that too would be a spectacle.

Thanks for sharing!

Compaq Systempro; EISA Dual 386 ¦ Compaq Junkiepro; EISA Dual 386 ¦ ALR Powerpro; EISA Dual 386

Reply 30 of 33, by 386_junkie

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
havli wrote:

Epox EP-7KXA

It's still sealed so it counts... it even has a single ISA, I like it... I would say this is late 90's as I remember doing the slot 1 builds back then with the early AGP stuff.

Similarly to CPU's though, it is not very often (trying to remember if I 'recently' even have) you see a NIB still sealed motherboard. Come to think I think I have only recently seen a SS7 era motherboard in shrink sometime last year.

Reply 31 of 33, by Dreamer_of_the_past

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
386_junkie wrote:

Now that is quite impressive... I can see about half a dozen Matrox (G200, G400), and a few voodoos (inc a V2 1000!)... and you've still a good few Soundblasters in shrink there too.

Thank you. I downsized my retro collection a bit since I learned to keep it at minimum for obvious reasons along those 4 years of collecting, so from now on I only buy stuff that I plan on using in my retro builds. I also have boxes of sealed motherboards, hard drives and CD-ROM drives. May be I''ll get to them one day and take a few photos as well.

Reply 32 of 33, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I had a still-sealed copy of Windows 95... until a few hours ago. Still had the local distributor's sticker on it and everything.

MJgYNaCh.jpg
afnZPzLh.jpg

Feels good.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 33 of 33, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
SquallStrife wrote:
I had a still-sealed copy of Windows 95... until a few hours ago. Still had the local distributor's sticker on it and everything […]
Show full quote

I had a still-sealed copy of Windows 95... until a few hours ago. Still had the local distributor's sticker on it and everything.

MJgYNaCh.jpg
afnZPzLh.jpg

Feels good.

Nice! And yes it does! 😁

So have you registered already? 😜
I forgot I still have a few games still shrinked, but if I need them I'll just open them like a few others apparently would 😀

Report spammers here!