VOGONS

First post, by cnpr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is there anyone that has a ati 3d rage pro bios I can get a hold of? I cannot seem to find on on the internet anywhere. I did put it in my desktop. It will detect but won't start. I have tried this as the only card but won't display anything. chances are that this card is a goner. I currently don't have any other pci(must be pci in the system that I am using) graphic card I have.

Thanks in advance

Reply 1 of 11, by Munwele

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, long-time lurker here...
I collect graphics cards and happen to have the model shown below, but I have no experience with BIOSes whatsoever.
What can I do to "rip" the BIOS off the card so that I could give it to you?
3dragepropcisgrtvb.jpg

Reply 4 of 11, by johnnynismo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'd rely on eBay. I recently bought a Rage Pro PCI and a Rage Pro LT AGP for ~$10-20. This is all to play Mechwarrior 2 ATI Rage Edition.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Reply 7 of 11, by cnpr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
havli wrote:
Is this the correct one? (PN 109-41900-10) If so, I can try to get a BIOS copy. http://abload.de/img/untitled_medskg.jpg […]
Show full quote

Is this the correct one? (PN 109-41900-10)
If so, I can try to get a BIOS copy.
untitled_medskg.jpg

yes look very close to that model. a bios copy would be great thanks

Reply 9 of 11, by havli

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sorry, my Rage seems to be either defective or incompatible with built-in windows 98 driver (monitor out of range).
And Flashrom doesn't detect it when I use Rage as a secondary VGA.

HW museum.cz - my collection of PC hardware

Reply 10 of 11, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I might have one but it may be weeks before I have the time to try and get the BIOS file.

And as you mention you only have 1 PCI graphics card, I'd recommend you at least get a couple more.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!