Reply 12080 of 53280, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
chose007 wrote:
Chieftec for watercooling project and Tyan 2x sA in it like bonus. […]
Show full quote

Chieftec for watercooling project and Tyan 2x sA in it like bonus.

DSCF2973_resize_zpsaqu0effa.jpg

Tiger MP or MPX?

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 12081 of 53280, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think I found the seller yesterday, but I cant find it any more today? Anyway, I saw yesterday that shipping would be > 50 euro and that is way more than I would pay. Good thing I found a Asus Slot 1 mainboard a few weeks ago 😀

I love the Aopen! I sold heaps of those back in the day 😀 That one and the MSI K7 Pro.

ODwilly wrote:

I am pretty sure there is still an ebay seller selling those MSI boards NOS for a reasonable price.

chose007 wrote:

This one from Europe and yes you can buy one at US ebay, but postage is epic.
Iam owning another new piece by Aopen.

1982 to 2001

Reply 12082 of 53280, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Gravis Joystick. 7.50 US Dollars including shipping.
Now I can play Xwing and Tie Fighter again. 😜

Gravis-Joystick.jpg

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 12083 of 53280, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
brostenen wrote:
Gravis Joystick. 7.50 US Dollars including shipping. Now I can play Xwing and Tie Fighter again. :-P […]
Show full quote

Gravis Joystick. 7.50 US Dollars including shipping.
Now I can play Xwing and Tie Fighter again. 😜

Gravis-Joystick.jpg

Needs more buttons for that game. 🤣 Nah, it should do great for the dos version. Maybe not so well for the flight school version.

But hay it looks cool, like so cool I wish my Gravis Joystick looked like that.

Reply 12084 of 53280, by devius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Cyrix200+ wrote:

I love the Aopen! I sold heaps of those back in the day 😀 That one and the MSI K7 Pro.

Back then did you have any idea that these things would be sought after again 15 years later? At that time I was into computers, but purely from a consumer POV and to me anything that was outdated was useless and would never have any value again. Only the latest tech was interesting and had any value. Obviously I don't think like that anymore.

Reply 12085 of 53280, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jade Falcon wrote:

Needs more buttons for that game. 🤣 Nah, it should do great for the dos version. Maybe not so well for the flight school version.

But hay it looks cool, like so cool I wish my Gravis Joystick looked like that.

I plan on using it for the Dos versions of those games, on my 486 MS-Dos-6.22 machine.
When I think about it, I might as well start up the game called Dogfight too, and possibly others too.

The Joystick are not only looking cool, it is really sturdy build. Quality all the way through.
The only thing I have regarding the design are the colour's that Gravis choose.
Cool it's kind of transparent, not so cool that it has purple buttons. I might name it "Femstick" then. 🤣

Reply 12086 of 53280, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keropi wrote:
HighTreason if you find out how to use the Scenic decoder do tell, I had no luck with mine: […]
Show full quote

HighTreason if you find out how to use the Scenic decoder do tell, I had no luck with mine:

fp76eo.jpg

Did you used the feature connector on top of your card. Because the lines of the MPEG connector goes to it.

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 12087 of 53280, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I worked in a PC hardware 'hobbyist' store from 1999 to 2003 and this was also the period in which we could try all hardware that was in stock, so I have tried almost all motherboards, CPU's and video cards released in that period.

Slot A was a hit in our store, we sold many boards (I remember walking around with a tray of Slot A 1GHz Thunderbirds 😀). When Socket A was introduced we did not like it very much, because the CPU's were extremely fragile compared to Slot CPU's (and also more fragile than the Intel Socket 370 chips).

Slot A was a weird time. Most boards weren't very good, especially earlier revisions were buggy (AGP support). And both the Irongate and Via chipsets had their problems.

devius wrote:
Cyrix200+ wrote:

Back then did you have any idea that these things would be sought after again 15 years later? At that time I was into computers, but purely from a consumer POV and to me anything that was outdated was useless and would never have any value again. Only the latest tech was interesting and had any value. Obviously I don't think like that anymore.

1982 to 2001

Reply 12088 of 53280, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Cyrix200+ wrote:

I worked in a PC hardware 'hobbyist' store from 1999 to 2003 and this was also the period in which we could try all hardware that was in stock, so I have tried almost all motherboards, CPU's and video cards released in that period.

Slot A was a hit in our store, we sold many boards (I remember walking around with a tray of Slot A 1GHz Thunderbirds 😀). When Socket A was introduced we did not like it very much, because the CPU's were extremely fragile compared to Slot CPU's (and also more fragile than the Intel Socket 370 chips).

Slot A was a weird time. Most boards weren't very good, especially earlier revisions were buggy (AGP support). And both the Irongate and Via chipsets had their problems.

I worked at a somewhat same kind of place, from around early 2004 and 2006. I guess Socket-A boards improved from around 2004.
Personally, I killed a couple of them CPU's in those aprox 3 years of time. One of them being the first one I ever build a machine with.
I remember when Socket 754 came along. That was truely a blessing and it simply kicked the crap out of early S-775 chips.
The worst ever cooling solution at that time, was those cheap Intel coolers that did not have any copper cores.
Was such a blessing, when they finally shipped P4's with copper core coolers. Especially regarding noise level's.

Anyway... I did the absolute first Asus A8N-sli here in Denmark, though it was the standard non-premium/deluxe board.
It was such a great board at that time. Though it had a sad problem. The chipset cooler was utter shit.
The cooler took a lot of dust in to it, and died after a couple of month's. In the end, we simply just sold machines with
that board, were we mounted an North-Q passive heatsink before the customer picked it up.

Reply 12089 of 53280, by chose007

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
gdjacobs wrote:
chose007 wrote:

Chieftec for watercooling project and Tyan 2x sA in it like bonus.

Tiger MP or MPX?

Its Tyan Tiger MPX S2466

Cyrix200+ wrote:

I think I found the seller yesterday, but I cant find it any more today? Anyway, I saw yesterday that shipping would be > 50 euro and that is way more than I would pay. Good thing I found a Asus Slot 1 mainboard a few weeks ago 😀

still there
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MSi-6167-ATX-AMD-Slot … 7-/371434268315

Calibri-90-YT-banner-resize.jpg * Calibri-90-resize-resize.jpg

Reply 12090 of 53280, by HighTreason

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Generally can't go wrong with Tyan, looks like a nice board.

Also, the larger fan looks like the 120mm Bisonic ones Maplin used to sell, those things were loud but damn were they effective, they sure could shift some air anyway.

My Youtube - My Let's Plays - SoundCloud - My FTP (Drivers and more)

Reply 12091 of 53280, by Bancho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This Celeron 466mhz arrived today to test my Shuttle HOT 687z ZX board out. On the lookout for a lower multiplier chip so i can try the 100mhz fsb on the board.

20160519_175346.jpg

Reply 12092 of 53280, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
brostenen wrote:
I worked at a somewhat same kind of place, from around early 2004 and 2006. I guess Socket-A boards improved from around 2004. P […]
Show full quote
Cyrix200+ wrote:

I worked at a somewhat same kind of place, from around early 2004 and 2006. I guess Socket-A boards improved from around 2004.
Personally, I killed a couple of them CPU's in those aprox 3 years of time. One of them being the first one I ever build a machine with.
I remember when Socket 754 came along. That was truely a blessing and it simply kicked the crap out of early S-775 chips.
The worst ever cooling solution at that time, was those cheap Intel coolers that did not have any copper cores.
Was such a blessing, when they finally shipped P4's with copper core coolers. Especially regarding noise level's.

Anyway... I did the absolute first Asus A8N-sli here in Denmark, though it was the standard non-premium/deluxe board.
It was such a great board at that time. Though it had a sad problem. The chipset cooler was utter shit.
The cooler took a lot of dust in to it, and died after a couple of month's. In the end, we simply just sold machines with
that board, were we mounted an North-Q passive heatsink before the customer picked it up.

I remember that disgustingly bad cooler and people these days wonder why after market cooling for everything was so popular back then.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 12093 of 53280, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Did some gaming with my "new" Gravis Joystick. What a nice piece of hardware.
Super quality. Allmost as cool as an Logitech Wingman Extreme (wich I had back in 95)

Reply 12094 of 53280, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
nforce4max wrote:

I remember that disgustingly bad cooler and people these days wonder why after market cooling for everything was so popular back then.

I remember people comming in, and complaining about the noise. Some refused to believe that they needed to buy an aftermarket cooler. Some even complaining about the heatlevel, they were shure that it was broken when it generated 60 to 70 degree Celcius, and demanded money back. Such glorious days, using a couple of hours each day, talking with customers. Yeah... 😢 Clearly a case for the sales department, yet they dialed the workshop number to demand money back whenever the salesdepartment refused a refund. 😢

Reply 12095 of 53280, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Those are great joysticks. My dad had one when I was a kid, played Combat Flight Simulator with it!
Recently I picked one up on eBay for $15, and fired up CFS1 again. 😀

Never seen one like that with the clear plastic though, was that some kind of special edition thing?

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 12096 of 53280, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
keenmaster486 wrote:

Never seen one like that with the clear plastic though, was that some kind of special edition thing?

Don't know. I think it is a standard design. Perhaps they sold other colours in other countries.
Or perhaps a later model, when they realised that Logitech sold more, and they wanted to offer something different.

Reply 12097 of 53280, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hmm, interesting. Kind of cool to see inside it; never opened one up before 😀

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 12098 of 53280, by melbar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've got this Sidewinder 3D Pro today.

PnuVIVB.jpg

Last week, I've got the 2'nd one, and with the two Force Feedback Pro's i have now 4 Microsoft's sticks overall.

The right FF Pro, i've tested already. Won't be activated fully with the sidewinder 3.0 drivers on my Win95 system 😢 I' think it has something to do with my Midi-port of my ISA soundcard... look's like a picky stick... When time comes i'll gonna test it also with W98 and a PCI sound card.

4o1R7K6.jpg

#1 K6-2/500, #2 Athlon1200, #3 Celeron1000A, #4 A64-3700, #5 P4HT-3200, #6 P4-2800, #7 Am486DX2-66

Reply 12099 of 53280, by BSA Starfire

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I bought a Fujitsu Diamond fire GL2 64MB for 99p today. I really don't know a thing about it, but guessed it would be fun to mess with for that price.

286 20MHz,1MB RAM,Trident 8900B 1MB, Conner CFA-170A.SB 1350B
386SX 33MHz,ULSI 387,4MB Ram,OAK OTI077 1MB. Seagate ST1144A, MS WSS audio
Amstrad PC 9486i, DX/2 66, 16 MB RAM, Cirrus SVGA,Win 95,SB 16
Cyrix MII 333,128MB,SiS 6326 H0 rev,ESS 1869,Win ME