VOGONS

First post, by Baoran

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have a Asus A8R32-MVP deluxe, but the plastic bracket that is around the cpu slot is missing. The motherboard used to be used with water cooling and that is why the bracked was removed, but the pump broke down and I would like to go back to air cooling in a smaller case now that there is really no point in overclocking an old cpu anymore.
Anyone has any idea where I could find a replacement bracket cheap for the motherboard?

Reply 1 of 6, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You could buy a broken board which has the featured bracket.
I don't know if these brackets can be bought separately, but whenever I need a similar part for one board, the easiest thing to do is to find a similar part from a donor board and use that one.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 2 of 6, by Baoran

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Are those brackets alike for all the motherboards?
This is what my motherboard looks like after I removed the water block. I don't know if I would need a new back plate too or if I could use the one that was used with the water block.

20170408_011218.jpg
Filename
20170408_011218.jpg
File size
1.99 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
20170408_012409.jpg
Filename
20170408_012409.jpg
File size
2.2 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 3 of 6, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Something like this will work. Pay attention to the pattern for the mounting screws. You need a two bolt pattern, not four. It might be smart to pick up a full kit with a backplate. The backplate is less robust, but you have to replace the existing bolts (clearance issues with the spring clip) and this would guarantee a solution if you can't make the old plate fit.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-ASUS-AMD-K8-Socket … xoAAOSwq7JT-nLU

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder