VOGONS

First post, by cookertron

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi All,

Thanks for having me.

As the title suggests I'm looking for a motherboard to support Intel's DX4ODPR100 CPU with sufficient RAM and expansipn slots.

Also, I'll probably need help with the jumper settings as it has been ages since I've had such an old mobo 😳

Any recommendations?

Ant (cookertron)

Asus P5A v1.06, Gigabyte GA-6BXDS, Soyo SY-5EMA (faulty), Viglen 486, Asus SP97-V

Reply 1 of 4, by kixs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Probably any Socket 1-3 motherboard will do.

Requests are also possible... /msg kixs

Reply 2 of 4, by cookertron

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
kixs wrote:

Probably any Socket 1-3 motherboard will do.

Thanks for the reply.

I've noticed that with some motherboards they limit the speed of the "upgrade CPU" though I could just be making that up, given my limited knowledge. Does anyone have any experience with this CPU and if so which motherboard did you use?

Ant

Asus P5A v1.06, Gigabyte GA-6BXDS, Soyo SY-5EMA (faulty), Viglen 486, Asus SP97-V

Reply 3 of 4, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

There is VERY many 486 boards, it'll be hard to provide you with a ready-to-go list.

But you could say that any standard AT board with VLB and/or PCI slots, should do the trick. The DX4-100 Overdrive will work in boards that are missing a voltage regulator for 3.3v CPUs, so that won't be a hinder to you 😀
Since 486 boards are not that easy to find anymore, my suggestion would be to first see what's available (and at what cost) and then do a little bit of homework before purchasing. If you see a 486 board with VLB or PCI locally for basically peanuts, then buy first and do your detective work later 😁

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 4 of 4, by Ampera

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I can tell you that I use the EXP-4045, but that board is somewhat hard to come by. It is still a very good board.