Topic actions

Reply 20 of 30, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Logistics wrote:

V7700 should be a TNT II Ultra.

I removed the HSF and the GPU was a GF2 GTS.
Though I admit that ASUS's model numbering was somewhat confusing at times

Iirc I actually did have a TNT2 made by ASUS somewhere in the attic and I remember how similar it superficially looked like a GF2.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 21 of 30, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think Logisitics is thinking of the Diamond Viper V770 Ultra.

Reply 22 of 30, by PCBONEZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Tetrium wrote:
I've recently inventoried all my graphics cards and apparently I don't have a single FG2 Ultra with 64MB, except for an ASUS car […]
Show full quote
max1024 wrote:

Who had geforce 2 Ultra and can upload or helps find BIOS for 64Mb version of geforce 2 Ultra? Want to make ultra from quadro.

I've recently inventoried all my graphics cards and apparently I don't have a single FG2 Ultra with 64MB, except for an ASUS card which has 64MB....but I actually googled around and couldn't really figure out what type of GF2 it is.

This is the part number as I've written it down: AGP-V7700(D)
Is this an ultra? I'll go get that card out of the box (I still haven't put my graphics cards back into storage so it's very little effort for me anyway 😀 ).

edit: The ASUS site is a mess, I just can't seem to maneuver to the page of old drivers and manuals. Did ASUS finally remove these?
And the card seems to be a GTS, but I simply can't seem to get any confirmation. Guess I'll just have to pop off the cooler and check the GPU itself 😁

edit2:
Alas, it's a GTS 🤣
Well, was gonna give it a clean anyway 😁

Yes, GeForce2 GTS chip.
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,8208,00.asp

GRUMPY OLD FART - On Hiatus, sort'a
Mann-Made Global Warming. - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.
You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.

Reply 23 of 30, by shamino

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
max1024 wrote:

Who had geforce 2 Ultra and can upload or helps find BIOS for 64Mb version of geforce 2 Ultra? Want to make ultra from quadro.

I have an Elsa Gladiac GF2 Ultra 64MB. I'm pretty sure it's single VGA output only. It came from a bulk purchase, so I'm not sure I ever turned it on, but I think I did and I think it works.
If nobody has already dumped the BIOS for an Ultra, then I might be able to dump mine, but I have no idea how. I've never dumped a video card BIOS before so I don't know what's involved.

Reply 24 of 30, by tayyare

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have a Leadtek Winfast Geforce2 Ultra 64MB and its in my active PIII rig, so I can upload that easily. I just don't know how.

GA-6VTXE PIII 1.4+512MB
Geforce4 Ti 4200 64MB
Diamond Monster 3D 12MB SLI
SB AWE64 PNP+32MB
120GB IDE Samsung/80GB IDE Seagate/146GB SCSI Compaq/73GB SCSI IBM
Adaptec AHA29160
3com 3C905B-TX
Gotek+CF Reader
MSDOS 6.22+Win 3.11/95 OSR2.1/98SE/ME/2000

Reply 25 of 30, by Reputator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I am in need of a GeForce2 Ultra BIOS and a few here have offered to share it.

If you need help saving your BIOS, you can simply install the card in an XP system and use GPU-Z to save the file. Alternatively you can download NVFLASH and boot up under DOS to run it. Just enter the command X:\NVFLASH -b filename.ROM

To host it, there are a number of free services, but most people already have a Google Drive account and can easily upload a file and create a shareable link with that. Thank you if you're able to help!

https://www.youtube.com/c/PixelPipes
Graphics Card Database

Reply 26 of 30, by dexvx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I can help, do you know what type of GF2 Ultra you need?

Also, for whatever reason, when I run GPU-Z, it crashes the system on older video cards (like the GF256 DDR). Do you use an old GPU-Z build?

Edit: Also PM me, because I may not check the thread.

Reply 27 of 30, by agent_x007

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
dexvx wrote:

Also, for whatever reason, when I run GPU-Z, it crashes the system on older video cards (like the GF256 DDR). Do you use an old GPU-Z build?

Try GPU-z 0.7.2 or older.

157143230295.png

Reply 28 of 30, by shamino

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This is the ROM for an Elsa Gladiac Ultra (Geforce2 Ultra) 64MB with single VGA output.

GF2 Ultra 64MB VGA (Elsa Gladiac Ultra).gif

GPU-Z 0.8.1 didn't seem to recognize the card very well, but it did dump a .rom file.
The BIOS version is shown on the splash message at power on:

ELSA GLADIAC ULTRA 64 MB DDR AGP
Version 3.15.00.12.03
Copyright (C) 1996-2000 NVidia Corp.
64.0MB RAM

The dumped ROM size is 48128 bytes which is not a full chip size, but from the few GPU-Z .rom dumps I've seen I guess maybe this is normal.

If anyone thinks the file is invalid and an older version of GPU-Z is required then let me know.

edit: the dumped card is the same model that was shown here:
http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/210-el … eforce-2-ultra/
and if that's a serial number on the label, then they're very close, the dumped card is only about 800 units newer than that serial. I'm sure that doesn't matter but it just surprised me how close a match it is.

Reply 29 of 30, by 386SX

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I remember the price of these cards when they were released.. 🙁

Reply 30 of 30, by shamino

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
386SX wrote:

I remember the price of these cards when they were released.. 🙁

yeah, my first useful 3D accelerator was a Geforce2 MX, which I loved, but a "proper" Geforce2 GTS was out of reach, and an Ultra was just the stuff of dreams and fantasy. Besides, my K6 wasn't fast enough to make use of the faster cards anyway.

I was getting very interested in 3D accelerators at that time, so the Geforce2 Ultra had a lofty mystique for me. When I found that GF2 Ultra in a bulk lot a few years ago, I was a little un-sensibly excited about it just because of how big a deal it used to be.