VOGONS

Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 20320 of 52768, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That previous owner must have REALLY wanted to keep the machine looking as original as possible (with the exception of that CDROM drive). Talk about a transformer. Very cool stuff! I have a soft spot for these old Gateway 2000 systems as that time period is when I first started getting into computers I have a few P5-60 and P5-75 desktops, a P5-75 full tower monster and some older 486 Gateway 2000 desktops too. Fun stuff - especially with the original OS on these that include the cheesy Gateway 2000 cow-themed wallpapers.

My Retro B:\ytes YouTube Channel & Retro Collection
LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 20322 of 52768, by cj_reha

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Artex wrote:

That previous owner must have REALLY wanted to keep the machine looking as original as possible (with the exception of that CDROM drive). Talk about a transformer. Very cool stuff! I have a soft spot for these old Gateway 2000 systems as that time period is when I first started getting into computers I have a few P5-60 and P5-75 desktops, a P5-75 full tower monster and some older 486 Gateway 2000 desktops too. Fun stuff - especially with the original OS on these that include the cheesy Gateway 2000 cow-themed wallpapers.

Yeah, I plan to replace that drive with a beige CD-RW or 5.25" floppy ASAP (haven't decided yet.)

It's a really cool system to mess with 😁

Join the Retro PC Discord! - https://discord.gg/UKAFchB
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDJYB_ZDsIzXGZz6J0txgCA

Reply 20323 of 52768, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

Picked me up an (looks like) gateway sk8 motherboard for 30$ shipped!
Now I have the fans, motherboard abd case for my Ppro setup.

Reply 20324 of 52768, by cj_reha

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jade Falcon wrote:

Picked me up an (looks like) gateway sk8 motherboard for 30$ shipped!
Now I have the fans, motherboard abd case for my Ppro setup.

Looks like a few of us have been hitting the Gateway jackpots recently 😁

Join the Retro PC Discord! - https://discord.gg/UKAFchB
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDJYB_ZDsIzXGZz6J0txgCA

Reply 20325 of 52768, by SW-SSG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cj_reha wrote:

... and then LATER an Evergreen "AcceleraPCI" card was added. This is a PCI SBC of some kind that allows you to add a socket 370 Celeron and SODIMM SDRAM and it should take over from the main CPU at boot.

Neat, apparently that has the full 440BX chipset (north- and southbridge chips) on-card. I was expecting some all-in-one SiS equivalent or something.

Reply 20326 of 52768, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Purchased a sound card lot from Amibay today for $150 (I know, pricey, but the cards are in great shape):

Sound Blaster 16 CT1740 DSP 4.11 with ASP/CSP with real Yamaha YMF-262M chipset
Sound Blaster 16 CT2740 DSP 4.11 with Creative Labs CT1747 (YMF-262M integrated)
Yamaha DB50XG WaveTable GM/XG Daughterboard

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 20327 of 52768, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
bjwil1991 wrote:
Purchased a sound card lot from Amibay today for $150 (I know, pricey, but the cards are in great shape): […]
Show full quote

Purchased a sound card lot from Amibay today for $150 (I know, pricey, but the cards are in great shape):

Sound Blaster 16 CT1740 DSP 4.11 with ASP/CSP with real Yamaha YMF-262M chipset
Sound Blaster 16 CT2740 DSP 4.11 with Creative Labs CT1747 (YMF-262M integrated)
Yamaha DB50XG WaveTable GM/XG Daughterboard

Most of his sales are, IMO, over priced. I bought an 8088 lot (MoBo and several other items) from him that was the first listing of his that I appreciated the price on 😀

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 20328 of 52768, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Forgive me father for I have sinned..

med_gallery_60983_11505_159184.jpg

Bought from electromyne..

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 20329 of 52768, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
appiah4 wrote:
Forgive me father for I have sinned.. […]
Show full quote

med_gallery_60983_11505_159184.jpg

I was surprised to see their price for this spec. They come up from time to time in CPU-World for $2 - $3 (plus shipping, I buy a lot from there) typically.

Electromyme are often among the cheapest for much of what they sell 😀

Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 20330 of 52768, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well to be fair I used Phil's 20% off coupon for a better price and they have a flat 2.99 EUR international shipping to where I live so overall it becomes a much better bargain than most stuff I can find on eBay.

Their pricing is strange; different steppings of the same CPU can vary up to 100% in price, sometimes certain stocks of certain products are very reasonably priced. They charge exorbitant prices for things like legacy sound and vga though.

Anyway, I digress. Let's not turn this into an electromyne discussion, that never goes well.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 20331 of 52768, by sketchus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Does anyone else despair sometimes with the packaging they get stuff in? I bought an AWE32 off of ebay. Arrived today and it was just floating inside a cardboard box with no protection other than an anti static bag. Luckily it works, but the poor thing must have been banged around a bit.

Reply 20332 of 52768, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
sketchus wrote:

Does anyone else despair sometimes with the packaging they get stuff in? I bought an AWE32 off of ebay. Arrived today and it was just floating inside a cardboard box with no protection other than an anti static bag. Luckily it works, but the poor thing must have been banged around a bit.

The worst I had was a CPU loose in a thin padded envelope. It had torn through the envelope before it reached me. Fortunately it was still usable. I've had CPUs with minimal padding in ordinary envelopes, a box of CPUs not sold as scrap that were loose in the box.

Some sellers just have no clue.

Reply 20333 of 52768, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
sketchus wrote:

Bought two NIB Sound Blaster Live! Platinum cards and both boxes came damaged because the seller just wrapped them in paper and stuck a shipping label on it. Pissed me off so bad. Both boxes were damaged from shipping. So much for displaying them. At least I can use them in my Windows 98 builds.

Reply 20334 of 52768, by sketchus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
debs3759 wrote:
sketchus wrote:

The worst I had was a CPU loose in a thin padded envelope. It had torn through the envelope before it reached me. Fortunately it was still usable. I've had CPUs with minimal padding in ordinary envelopes, a box of CPUs not sold as scrap that were loose in the box.

Some sellers just have no clue.

Loosely packed CPUs, oh dear, I hope they survived!

liqmat wrote:
sketchus wrote:

Bought two NIB Sound Blaster Live! Platinum cards and both boxes came damaged because the seller just wrapped them in paper and stuck a shipping label on it. Pissed me off so bad. Both boxes were damaged from shipping. So much for displaying them. At least I can use them in my Windows 98 builds.

That sucks, I love to keep my boxes in as good as condition as possible. Worse knowing that they were new...

My other 'favourite' thing to see is when stuff is just placed on a carpet.

Reply 20335 of 52768, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
appiah4 wrote:

thats no sin. plenty of stuff sold by electromyne is well priced

Reply 20336 of 52768, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Just ordered a Terratec Wave XTable - 16MB GM and XG - 128voice - 500 sounds + sfx

Sellers pics:

front.jpg
Filename
front.jpg
File size
471.57 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
back.jpg
Filename
back.jpg
File size
437.63 KiB
Views
File license

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 20337 of 52768, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

2 x 3DFX Voodoo2 - Diamond Monster 3D II 12MB PCI (Boxed) (1998) Moar VOODOO 2s!
pZBvYl.jpg
gHDnE6.jpg

Diamond Monster Sound MX400 PCI (NOS) (2000) Working on rounding out my collection of NOS Diamond Monster Sound cards.
PsRWgL.jpg

Turtle Beach Maui ISA (New, OEM) (1994)
RxL0YB.jpg

Roland MPU-401 (Boxed) (1986)Finally, a boxed version!
Ny8pe6.jpg
fHV2fQ.jpg

Roland MA-8 Studio Monitor Speakers (Boxed) (1996)I like Roland (duh) and these are in great shape!
fJnuvv.jpg
oTshA3.jpg

NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT - XFX nVidia GeForce 7950GT 512MB AGP (G71) (Boxed) (2006) Definitely overpaid for this but A) It's hard to find the AGP version vs PCIe, and B) it's complete in box. Fastest AGP card folks...
YxDg6r.jpg
DOPy7O.jpg
QDg3is.jpg

Media Vision Pro Audiospectrum 16 (650-0044-06) ISA (NOS) (1992) I keep finding these for cheap prices.. so why not..
ovxPGx.jpg

NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT - Gainward BLISS 7800GS+ Silent 512MB AGP (G71) (Boxed) #2 (2006) Another boxed version of one of my favorite AGP card - NOT cheap back in the day!
7UpNkg.jpg

Creative CT2760 (Sound Blaster AWE32) ISA (Box Only) (1994) Snagged this box for dirt cheap - gonna add the card for my second boxed version of the 2760.
jzunvq.jpg

3DFX Voodoo2 - Metabyte Wicked3D WickedVision H3D Eyewear System (1998)
1zPRvU.jpg

2 x ASUS ROG MATRIX Platinum HD 5870 2GB P-2DIS-2GD5 PCI-E (Cypress XT) (Boxed) (2010) I had these cards back in the day for Crossfire before I moved to a single card solution. These are the higher-clocked Platinum versions that are completely bad-ass, especially with the glowing MATRIX logos. SOLID!
zVs0R1.jpg
qY9IZJ.jpg
lySz2D.jpg

2 x 3DFX Sticker Aluminium - Metallic Logo Case Badge - 1 inch x 1 inch
ByPb2T.jpg

AMD Athlon XP 3200+ (AXDA3200DKV4D) Socket A (Barton) (AQYFA) (2003) This one is rather rare and took me a few years to track down. I will be throwing this in my EPoX 8k3A+ for use with my Voodoo5 6000 system!
xwtEZP.jpg

My Retro B:\ytes YouTube Channel & Retro Collection
LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 20338 of 52768, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This week I got this monster...about 15 kg.

I spotted a Suntac 80286 Mainboard for almost nothing on a selling site. It was still in a case and I asked the seller to send me the case too 😀
It came together with a Seagate ST-277R-1 RLL Harddisk with manual and unused plastic front.
He even shipped the keys fitting to the case. Everything looks totally unsed.

Will send details about the board in another thread later 😉

Great deal and very happy about it 😀

IMG_9903r.jpg
Filename
IMG_9903r.jpg
File size
1.13 MiB
Views
File license
IMG_9905r.jpg
Filename
IMG_9905r.jpg
File size
1.12 MiB
Views
File license

Reply 20339 of 52768, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

😘 What a beauty!

Predator99 wrote:
This week I got this monster...about 15 kg. […]
Show full quote

This week I got this monster...about 15 kg.

I spotted a Suntac 80286 Mainboard for almost nothing on a selling site. It was still in a case and I asked the seller to send me the case too 😀
It came together with a Seagate ST-277R-1 RLL Harddisk with manual and unused plastic front.
He even shipped the keys fitting to the case. Everything looks totally unsed.

Will send details about the board in another thread later 😉

Great deal and very happy about it 😀

IMG_9903r.jpg
IMG_9905r.jpg

1982 to 2001