VOGONS

First post, by eric1992

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Right now I have a Gateway pro V933 and I'd like to move it to a new case and spice it up with stuff such as a voodoo card and dual booting 95/98SE and maybe even a triple boot with XP. I was thinking about going for a case like this on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-AT-Tower-Compute … CIAAOSw7aBVEeLD

But the problem is, is the shipping and the fact I can not seem to find very many PCs around my area that are from the mid 90s and I don't feel like wasting 120 dollars just for an old case. I've seen videos of people using modern cases for 98 PCs, would this work for me?

Reply 1 of 3, by Nprod

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sure you can use a modern case, it just won't be "aesthetically pleasing" compared to using a beige 90s case. The motherboard is ATX, so you'd actually have a harder time trying to put it in an AT case like the one in the eBay link.

Also a tip - don't bother looking at old PC cases and motherboards on eBay, they're always heavily overpriced and shipping costs make things even worse. It's best to look at the local fleamarkets and classified ads for this type of stuff.

Reply 2 of 3, by eric1992

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

My only concern is, I would have to use a power supply that has SATA cables, and while most PSUs have molex cables, SATA cables will not work.