VOGONS

First post, by ole smoky2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Dell Optiplex GX150 SFF--P3 1Ghz--Skt 370 --512 mb pc133--I really like this system but hate that small, cramped case. Has anyone here had any luck tranferring one of these boards to a full size case. It looks like the main problems are front case connections , mounting the board and fabricating a back plate for the board connectors. Looks like the CD and floppy connections might be a problem too. Not sure if it is worthwhile to try it or not. Has anyone done it?

Reply 1 of 3, by EdmondDantes

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If its anything like this GX260 board I got, the comp can still at least boot.... I've not put mine in an actual different case, but you can remove the components and hook them up outside of the original case.

Reply 2 of 3, by deleted_nk

User metadata

I don't see any reason as to why it wouldn't work in another case if you're gonna go to all the effort to mount it into standard cases. The only thing I'd worry about is the power supply pinouts, apparently Dell liked to use non-standard pinouts on their supplies back in those days. The IDE cables shouldn't really be a problem if there's enough room in the case to plug them in without putting too much pressure on the connectors. That being said, there's others out there with worse ways to connect them up 🤣

Reply 3 of 3, by ole smoky2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

well I took it apart and put it in an old Soyo case I had sitting around and it fit like a glove. Everything lined up nicely. Just need to figure out the front connector pin outs. Anyone have any info on the 34 pin front connector?