VOGONS

First post, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi, I've bought a gotek drive some time ago and I flashed some firmware on it to use it on my amiga ... except that never happened. Now I'd like to roll back to the original firmware for testing proposes, but I can't find it anywhere 🙁

Can anybody send me their firmware ?

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 1 of 3, by LSS10999

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Deksor wrote:

Hi, I've bought a gotek drive some time ago and I flashed some firmware on it to use it on my amiga ... except that never happened. Now I'd like to roll back to the original firmware for testing proposes, but I can't find it anywhere 🙁

Can anybody send me their firmware ?

I don't think there are any "original" firmware out there. If you are already able to flash the device, you may try flashing FlashFloppy which provides an extended set of features and could be configured for different purposes.

Reply 2 of 3, by 133MHz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There's no public dump of the stock firmware that I know of, since the Chinese set the protection bits on the microcontroller so that you can't dump it from the device you bought, and they happen to sell various models with different features (and prices) which in essence are just software limitations - they'd rather not have you buy the cheap device and flash the 'expensive' firmware on it, so binaries are not available.

That said, the Gotek is intended for the industrial market. They don't care about us retro computer enthusiasts, and in light of the alternative firmwares that have been developed with our hobby in mind, the stock firmware is kinda crap anyway.

http://133FSB.wordpress.com