VOGONS

First post, by seanneko

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have this CTE-2000B motherboard. Love the side by side AT power connectors. Whoever thought that was a good idea...

rsz_img_20190112_230238.jpg

It uses an Award BIOS. It seems to have the ability to enter the CHS settings manually for the hard drive, but I can't for the life of me work out how to get across to type them in. I've literally pressed every key on the keyboard, and none of them move over to the right to let me enter the settings.

Is there something obvious I'm missing here? Or is this type 41 simply an unused type and not actually for custom settings after all?

rsz_1img_20190112_230527.jpg

Reply 1 of 3, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
seanneko wrote:
I have this CTE-2000B motherboard. Love the side by side AT power connectors. Whoever thought that was a good idea... […]
Show full quote

I have this CTE-2000B motherboard. Love the side by side AT power connectors. Whoever thought that was a good idea...

rsz_img_20190112_230238.jpg

It uses an Award BIOS. It seems to have the ability to enter the CHS settings manually for the hard drive, but I can't for the life of me work out how to get across to type them in. I've literally pressed every key on the keyboard, and none of them move over to the right to let me enter the settings.

Is there something obvious I'm missing here? Or is this type 41 simply an unused type and not actually for custom settings after all?

rsz_1img_20190112_230527.jpg

Nice Board!

Never needed this and never tried. But I am sure you can do that with a DOS-based BIOS Setup program, there are plenty. Or if you try to install a MFM drive you can use speedstor.

Reply 2 of 3, by seanneko

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Predator99 wrote:

But I am sure you can do that with a DOS-based BIOS Setup program, there are plenty.

Do you have any suggestions for any? I've never heard of such a thing.

Otherwise I guess I could try dumping the BIOS chips and trying to manually edit in the settings... Would prefer to avoid going down that path though.