VOGONS

First post, by dicky96

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi guys
What is the best benchmark program to test old PCI cards such as ATI RAge II?

I have the legacy 3DMark programs but 3DMArk2000 is too recent and 3DMArk99Max won't install for some reason 'Error occcurred during move data process: -113 File blah blah data1.hdr'

Reply 4 of 6, by dicky96

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I bought a job lot of old video cards (PCI AGP PCI-e) as untested but all the ones i ested so far appear to be working. I just want to test them thoroughly to see if they fail when they get hot or have some 'work' to do - I have been using 3DMark03 and 3DMArk05 on the AGP cards and they all ran fine.

So I was looking for something similar to run on the PCI cards. The machine I am using currently to test them is my Athlon 1800+ Asus A7V400-MX with WinXP on it

I have another one here with Win98, but that is my Super Socket 7 PC so I don't like sticking a lot of uknown PCI cards into it 🤣. So if I can test htem in the XP machine all the better.

Is Rasz-pl the same Rasz on eevblog forums? In which case Hi there 😀

Rich

Reply 5 of 6, by dicky96

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hmmm.
Final Reality installed OK but says 'No Direct3D hardware rendering platforms found' but then runs anyway

ATI 3D Rage II+ PCI

Rich

Reply 6 of 6, by rasz_pl

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

yes 😀

most PCI cards had no 3d, and some even no 2d acceleration
simply testing highest resolution possible + maybe opening few windows (or running old blitter tests) should show if memory is ok
other than that those cards merely supported hardware cursor, GDI if you are lucky (blitter), and rarely some video stuff like YUV conversion and scaling
something like WinTune 97, or Ziff-Davis Winbench 96 would be ok
VOGONS Benchmark archive?
VOGONS Benchmark archive?

Open Source AT&T Globalyst/NCR/FIC 486-GAC-2 proprietary Cache Module reproduction