VOGONS

First post, by Markj595

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, so i have got a few projects on the go right now but this is one im really struggling with...

So the Synatix 5EP is running a P3 1.4ghz but the motherboard is struggling to see 768mb, the most i have been able to get it to see is 512mb.
I figured it would probably benefit with a bios update but my google-fu has let me down, i cant find a bios update or driver CD ISO anywhere..

Does anyone know much more about this revision of motherboard regarding memory configurations etc, possibly have a CD ISO that could be uploaded?

For interest my 2nd project is to build a windows 98 computer with absolutely off the charts hardware installed, ive got a i5-750 CPU with a gigabyte motherboard that has an IDE and floppy drive interface, the idea is to strip out prety much everything from the motherboard resources and install PCI cards to do the other legwork (soundcard/sound/lan etc) and use a GTX 7900 nvidia GPU. the idea is to just get it working to see how it does for nothing but laughs. If the i5 does not work out i have got a core2 quad q9650 that could be used instead.
any advise or support with any of these would be greatly appreciated.

-Mark-