VOGONS

ATI mouse

Topic actions

First post, by Grzyb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Many ISA graphics cards by ATI have this 9-pin mouse connector...

atimouse.jpg
Filename
atimouse.jpg
File size
64.87 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Now, where to search for a mouse for that port?
Is it compatible with some specific models by ATI only, or with some other bus mice as well?
Are such rodents rare?

Nie tylko, jak widzicie, w tym trudność, że nie zdołacie wejść na moją górę, lecz i w tym, że ja do was cały zejść nie mogę, gdyż schodząc, gubię po drodze to, co miałem donieść.

Reply 2 of 10, by Grzyb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You mean there's some standard bus mouse connector?
Indeed, Microsoft InPort seems to have identical connector.
But there's also the bus mouse for Commodore PC 10-III/20-III (and Amiga?), with DE-9 plug.

Nie tylko, jak widzicie, w tym trudność, że nie zdołacie wejść na moją górę, lecz i w tym, że ja do was cały zejść nie mogę, gdyż schodząc, gubię po drodze to, co miałem donieść.

Reply 4 of 10, by Grzyb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So, it's probably "Inport", and it's safe to try that Microsoft bus mouse...

Reply 5 of 10, by PC-Engineer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello,

i want to use this mouse port on my ATI Mach32 ISA. For this i want to use a Microsoft InPort mouse. This mouse runs via the associated original adapter (Inport to PS/2) very well on the PS/2 port at an other PC. I also have Leaguer LG-BM-3816 (seems to be the original bundeled mouse), but no one works on the bus mouse port of my ATI. The driver i used are the CuteMouse-Driver, Logitech 7.xx and the ATI driver (both mouse.com and mouse.sys from the Mach32 drivers disk). No driver found a mouse. Does anyone have any idea which options i have to get it working?

I have only the ATI Mach32 and a Adaptec AHA-1542C (IRQ11/DMA6/IO-Port 0134)) installed, so there should be no conflict.

Thanks and best regrads

Epox 7KXA Slot A / Athlon 950MHz / Voodoo 5 5500 / PowerVR / 512 MB / AWE32 / SCSI - Windows 98SE

Reply 6 of 10, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keropi wrote on 2019-10-28, 17:32:

isn't that just a normal bus mouse connector?

Not sure what you mean by "normal" in this statement, as there was no standard connector for a bus mouse. Any mouse that just sends the raw quadrature phase signals to the computer instead of implementing some sort of protocol is a bus mouse, but the connector and pin-out differs (but not the signals).

ATI also used a db9 connector for bus mice at some point.

Reply 7 of 10, by ATauenis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

May be this is S-Video connector?

2×Soviet ZX-Speccy, 1×MacIIsi, 1×086, 1×286, 2×386DX, 1×386SX, 2×486, 1×P54C, 7×P55C, 6×Slot1, 4×S370, 1×SlotA, 2×S462, ∞×Modern.

Reply 8 of 10, by mpe

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The bundled mouse and connector were advertised by ATi as "Microsoft compatible bus mouse and port" so nothing ATI specific.

So your best bet is Microsoft InPort mouse.

Blog|NexGen 586|S4

Reply 9 of 10, by PC-Engineer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Solved it:

The mouse port must be enabled with the install.exe from the MACH32 tools. There you can assign an Interrupt and an Adress.
Both of my InPort mice are working with it. With the ATI mouse driver you can toggle the mouse sensivity, mouse speed and the buttons (2 or 3).

Conclusion:

• It's an InPort Bus Mouse Port (Microsoft compatible)
  • It must be activated by the ATI initialization Software

Epox 7KXA Slot A / Athlon 950MHz / Voodoo 5 5500 / PowerVR / 512 MB / AWE32 / SCSI - Windows 98SE

Reply 10 of 10, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I had a Leaguer with my Mach8. Not sure if it was the same model you have but mine was pretty sweet. Really nice to hold, high build quality and precise.
Unfortunately it was destroyed when it was in storage in the basement. A real mouse pissed in the ball housing and everything got rusted out.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium