VOGONS

First post, by tegrady

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So I have a Tandy 1000 TX computer and a Tandy CM-4 monitor. The monitor cable fits in the Tandy's video output port and it works if I hold the cable against the connector. However, the screws on the monitor cable are not long enough to reach the attachment screws on the video output cable. I have an IBM 5153 as well and the screws on the cable also do not reach the connector screws on the Tandy.

The screws on the Tandy's video output connector are actually tiny flat heads, so the screws from the connector don't even have anything to hook into.

I tried replacing the connector screws on the Tandy video output with ones from one of my old video cards. These "screws" fit into the Tandy video output connector fine, but they are not tall enough to reach the screws on the monitor cable.

Is there some adapter I need for the Tandy 1000?

Again, the monitor works fine if I hold the cable on, but if I let go of the monitor cable, it just falls off of the Tandy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply 2 of 2, by tegrady

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
ShovelKnight wrote on 2020-03-17, 23:23:

I thought connector screws were just regular standoffs. They are sold in different lengths/heights.

They are essentially standoffs, but the threading is finer than motherboard standoffs. Also, I have never seen any that would be tall enough to reach the cable in this situation.