VOGONS

First post, by AntonioDX4

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Dear I wanted to consult, I have a 4x backpack cd rewritter in a compaq presario 425, the recorded CDs (recorded in windows 7 with nero) do not open or recognize them? What is wrong? help thanks

Reply 2 of 3, by Joseph_Joestar

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

CDs have a "lowest supported burn speed" indicated on the packaging. In this day and age, that's usually 8x, but it depends on the disc manufacturer.

In my experience, if you burn CD media using a lower speed setting than what is recommended, the discs may become unreadable, even if your CD writer supports such low speeds. Try burning a CD using a different writer which supports higher speeds and see if it makes a difference.

PC#1: Pentium MMX 166 / Soyo SY-5BT / S3 Trio64V+ / Voodoo1 / YMF719 / AWE64 Gold / SC-155
PC#2: AthlonXP 2100+ / ECS K7VTA3 / Voodoo3 / Audigy2 / Vortex2
PC#3: Athlon64 3400+ / Asus K8V-MX / 5900XT / Audigy2
PC#4: i5-3570K / MSI Z77A-G43 / GTX 970 / X-Fi

Reply 3 of 3, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That's not what he meant.

He burnt CD-Rs at 52x speed on his Windows 7 box and those can not be read by the 4x backpack cd rewritter in his Compaq Presario 425. That's because he burnt them too fast. Just like with old consoles etc. you need to burn CD-Rs as slow as possible, otherwise they normally don't work with older drives.