VOGONS

First post, by fool

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Is there manual for Gainward 5VPA super socket 7 motherboard (AT)? Cannot find from the internet... All of the found links are long dead.
I'm trying to upgrade BIOS to get K6-2+/III+ support. AWDFLASH belives BIOS is write protected and therefore I need to find if there is jumper for write protect enabled.

Toshiba T8500 desktop
SAM/CS9233 Wavetable Synthesizer daughterboard
Coming: 40-pin 8MB SIMM kit, CS4232 ISA wavetable sound card

Reply 1 of 2, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ok found the specs and jumper settings as well as BIOS and drivers. Created a psuedo manual in .htm and MS Word .doc off the archived pages at WayBack and zipped them up.
BIOS and drivers are mirrored at ftp://retronn.de/.
BIOS: ftp://retronn.de/driver/Gainward/Mainboard/Bi … s/Socket7/5vpa/
Drivers: ftp://retronn.de/driver/Gainward/Mainboard/Dr … r/Socket7/5vpa/
Hope they help. The one DOC has errors, cannot help that...
added: Unfortunately there is nothing about the BIOS write protection in the jumper settings, just CPU and voltages. Try the AWDFLASH.EXE in the BIOS part of the ftp link.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 2 of 2, by fool

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thank you! Those were well hidden. Need to save those files to some "non-volatile" memory.

I believe it will work with the correct awdflash file and options. I used some random awdflash without options.

Toshiba T8500 desktop
SAM/CS9233 Wavetable Synthesizer daughterboard
Coming: 40-pin 8MB SIMM kit, CS4232 ISA wavetable sound card