VOGONS

First post, by jheronimus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi, all!

Today I got myself a new 486 VLB motherboard. Can't identify it though, would appreciate any info. Here are some pictures (all clickable):

Q59gjVwm.jpg

n7s3C3wm.jpg

hSVHIa0m.jpg

PDs7vYxm.jpg

VidqM9Vm.jpg

4ctK6B8m.jpg

OMC2HLIm.jpg

DZIVqE6m.jpg

pPE8KJBm.jpg

L5hBmslm.jpg

What I know so far:

- the only useful marking is AV-7541 rev 1.2. On the back it has E153314 94V-O 9431F written on it.
- googling for "AV-7541" leads me to this FCC ID page. Seems like the motherboard is manufactured by a Taiwanese company called Ansoon Technology.
- googling for "Ansoon motherboard" leads me to this EVHLB page that lists Ansoon together with "Anson" and "Amaquest". Neither TH99 nor Stason have records of any boards under any of these three brands.
- tried Archive.org for Anson/Ansoon/Amaquest in .com/.com.tw. Only found some stuff for Amaquest, but I couldn't find any info on their motherboards.
- in case anyone is wondering, the board did not come with CPU — I've installed it myself.
- there is nothing useful written under the Award BIOS sticker.

P.S.: I realise I've already mentioned this board on "Bought these (retro) hardware today" thread, but I really needed the help. Sorry if it bothers anyone.

MR BIOS catalog
Unicore catalog

Reply 1 of 3, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

For boards of this era, I tend to prefer to identify them visually. It's much faster that way as many boards weren't really labeled that well or sold under several different names with not all of them listed.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 2 of 3, by jheronimus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Tetrium wrote:

For boards of this era, I tend to prefer to identify them visually. It's much faster that way as many boards weren't really labeled that well or sold under several different names with not all of them listed.

Apart from TH99, what would you use for that?

MR BIOS catalog
Unicore catalog