VOGONS

Rant: please stop linking to "Stason .org" for Total Hardware 1999 (TH99) pages

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 40 of 41, by Miphee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
imi wrote on 2020-05-21, 12:55:

I also don't see this as a personal attack against anyone.

True, different strokes for different folks. The post was a little pointless because it objected to the ads of that site but didn't mention the pros and cons of switching to the original. It ignored the fact that the other version is outdated. If the Stason version wasn't better then people wouldn't hit it up that much in Google instead of the original. A popular version with ads is still better than a buried version without ads.
Don't hate the player, hate the game. Popular links will always show up first and people will always click on the first relevant site.
TH99 is welcome to create a better version to compete for clicks but I'm certain that the creators don't mind the existence of Stason at all. Lower bandwidth usage for them and people still love their work.

Reply 41 of 41, by quicknick

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I agree with this rant, although I'm guilty of using the st* more than I should have. Because at first I thought it was his original content, didn't know about other mirrors, then laziness. But yeah, what he's selling made me question for a while what are motherboards to do with ball-busting bike seats.