VOGONS

First post, by LChackr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Pictures are attached.

The back of the board says "YANG AN YA-1" and "E114139 94V-0". So far everything I have found isn't relevant to this particular board.

Thanks!

Attachments

Reply 1 of 5, by LChackr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

UPDATE: I did find a near perfect match on Stason:

https://stason.org/TULARC/pc/motherboards/U/U … 486-386SI4.html

The only exception being that Stason lists the chipset as C&T but this board has a SiS (85C460) chipset.

There is a JP8 near the CPU but it is soldered jumped in place with no pins populated. I am guessing this would be the CPU selection jumper? Since there is warranty tape on the CPU it seems like it was factory set that way.

I'd like to be able to swap 386 CPUs on this board. Does anyone have an idea if that possible? i am wondering if I would need to add pins to JP8 and figure out what it does if so ... Hmm.

Reply 2 of 5, by InbetweenDays

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Probably able to but why? I'd be keeping that Cx486DLC and copro myself 😊

Is it working? Looks like it's missing the RTC chip.

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got 5-pin DIN.
Roland addict and founding member of the Association Of Molex Haters

Reply 3 of 5, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm sure you found the right board. It's just the document that was wrong (I have seen many boards mislabeled with C & T chipset there).

Can you get it to POST ? If so, I'd like to see the POST screen, and even a BIOS dump if you can.
To do a BIOS dump, just use this

Filename
GETROM.ZIP
File size
25.69 KiB
Downloads
34 downloads
File license
Public domain

😁

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 4 of 5, by LChackr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Probably able to but why? I'd be keeping that Cx486DLC and copro myself 😊

Oh, I am very happy with the Cx486DLC and copro! I just wanted to experiment a bit and run some benchmarks with other 386DX CPUs. I expect that the DLC will be the typical resident of this board.

Is it working? Looks like it's missing the RTC chip.

Ah, but that's an awesome detail. It appears to have a factory RTC socket 😮. I've not seen another 386 board with a factory socket for the RTC. Every other one I've seen either has it soldered on, or uses an external battery.

I'm sure you found the right board. It's just the document that was wrong (I have seen many boards mislabeled with C & T chipset there).

Ah interesting. I am thankful for the details it does have but I do wish there was some clue about JP8.

Can you get it to POST ? If so, I'd like to see the POST screen, and even a BIOS dump if you can.

I need to get an RTC first to plug into the socket then I can try booting it. I'll also dump the ROM.

Reply 5 of 5, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The RTC chip is probably a common dallas chip you find on many boards from that era.

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative