Need help identifying hardware.

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 24, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Deksor wrote on 2021-02-25, 00:05:

Were there any other photos on that listing, like POST screen photos, etc ?

as a matter of fact there were:

386mobo2.jpg
Filename
386mobo2.jpg
File size
49.03 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
386mobo3.jpg
Filename
386mobo3.jpg
File size
47.5 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

the second picture doesn't really show anything, but does that string under the bios help?

evasive wrote on 2021-02-26, 12:40:

yep that's the same as I linked above, we already concluded that j-mark = jetway I guess ^^

I just fixed the board graphic and then foolishly closed it without saving properly... but yeah it seems to fit well apart from being too spaced out on the graphic as I said, though I could not find "JP6" on the photo of the board.

Reply 21 of 24, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thanks ! The first photo was the most useful. In it there's the "POST string" (that "30-0201-ZZ1762-00101111-070791-OPWB-F" thing) which gives some details about the board and among them, the brand.

Oddly enough, this one "says" that this board have been sold by "ansoon technology co.". Now both Jetway and Ansoon were taiwanese companies, so they may be related or even be different names for the same company, we've seen that before far too often x)

The reason why evasive posted the link to the "same" motherboard is because it's the UH19 link, which is better than any other TH99/stason clone (checkout my signature for more details 😀 )

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 23 of 24, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Deksor wrote on 2021-02-27, 16:00:

The reason why evasive posted the link to the "same" motherboard is because it's the UH19 link, which is better than any other TH99/stason clone (checkout my signature for more details 😀 )

yeah I know ^^ I think it wasn't fully up yet when I made this thread and I specifically avoided linking to s***** ^^

🤣 @evasive, this really is confusing.

Reply 24 of 24, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah it's been up since late august 2020, but looking back at my posts from back then, you can guess that I was onto something 😁

Great that you avoided stason 😀 (I didn't 🤦)

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative