VOGONS

First post, by scroeffie

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

so i bought this adapter plug it in and the pc numlock hangs does nothing ,i tested the card in my p1 and it works
i test the card only with vga card in 1 isa slot does nothing ,i have plugged in nothing
any one can help me iam realy lost

Attachments

Reply 1 of 11, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

What is that card supposed to do? My first guess is that the switches are not configured properly / you have an address conflict.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 2 of 11, by scroeffie

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

the card bypasses the stock bios xtide ,how can i have a adress conflict if nothing is plugged in just the vga card ?
i got a step further now iam stuck at fdisk it says i have 2 disks wich is not ! i took the cf card settings from my p1 autodetect hdd
there are not partitions on the cf card

Attachments

Reply 3 of 11, by scroeffie

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

tried using the xtide card on my pentium 1 same problems it says multiple disks ,but i have only 1 256mb cf card !
so it must be the xtide card i cant even format ?

Attachments

Reply 4 of 11, by Deunan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm kind of lost here, you test the card on two different PCs (that 386 from first post and some other Pentium system) and I don't know which one you're taking photos from.
Well the last BIOS photo must be from P1 system, it's pretty new AWARD BIOS that supports LBA, so can't be 386. I'm not sure if XTIDE is compatible with such new mobos?

Does it still hang on 386? You have only one 8KiB chip on this card? The lower one? And it is set to D000 segment with write disabled? I'm not familiar with this card, is there a difference between upper and lower socket? Try swapping them around. Also, set the other, unused socket to address D800, although I don't see how it would be a problem if the socket is empty.

Reply 6 of 11, by scroeffie

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

expension rom ? if i disable the hardisk in the stock bios how can i use a hardisk or in my case a cf card ?
that makes no sense,the last pictures i posted are from my pentium 1
i just bought this motherboard from ebay hope this one wil work for me 😀

Attachments

Reply 7 of 11, by computerguy08

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
scroeffie wrote on 2021-05-19, 21:08:

expension rom ? if i disable the hardisk in the stock bios how can i use a hardisk or in my case a cf card ?
that makes no sense,the last pictures i posted are from my pentium 1

That's because XT-IDE is supposed to handle the hard drives, instead of the original BIOS (it's supposed to work like that).
You could also try to use an overlay software if this fails. (or just stick with the 504MB partition 😜)

By the way, when that 486 board arrives, if you could dump the BIOS image, that would be appreciated.

Reply 9 of 11, by Disruptor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

it is the same cf card hard disk

motherboard BIOS installs it as device 80h
xtide installs it as device 81h

probably the fault is in xtide - in my opinion it should detect that it is already installed and do a bypass then
so you have 2 options:

1) set hdd in BIOS to none to have xtide installing the disk on 80h
-or-
2) remove xtide adapter