VOGONS

First post, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hey all,
I recently bought a KPT-102 beyboard. I partially disassembled the keyboard for cleaning and did some research on the switches.
Most of the switches are blue KPT switches with a rectangular slider. Those are covered here.
The spacebar and enter key however use KPT switches with a white rectangular slider.
Those white switches aren't covered by the Deskhistory wiki article yet.
I don't want to make another account with a website that I'll probably only use once so is anyone else who already has an account willing to edit the wiki?

-They are tactile but not clicky. (I'm not a keyboard afficionado so I may be mistaken here. They click ever so slightly but I think it's the same with MX brown vs blue, right? Blue clicks audibly and intentionally while brown can be felt but only heard very quietly. The most worn out blue KPT blue on this keyboard is much louder than either of the white switches.)
-They seem to have about the same actuation force as the blue variant.
-They have the same dimensions as the blue variant.
The article also states "All known KPT switches are clicky." which appears to be wrong. (If I understand tactile&clicky vs. tactile&silent correctly.)

I also noticed that in the article on TEC switches here under "Comparison with KPT" it lists "Yellow and white sliders, instead of blue" which subsequently would have to be changed as well.

If there are any questions left I'll do my best to answer them. 😀

PS: Here are some pictures as proof. Of course I didn't modify the switches in any way.

Attachments