Reply 20 of 23, by idspispopd

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
gdjacobs wrote:
cnpr wrote:
alexanrs wrote:

/\ There are some statically linked DOS games that won't work with the Voodoo2 even with the environment variables.

what is statically linked for dos game? first I heard of it.

MW2 for one.

MW2 was originally a DOS game, but AFAIK all hardware 3D ports are Windows executables.
IIRC the issue with MW2 is not that it is statically linked, but that it uses Glide 1.
See dgVoodoo & Mechwarrior 2 3Dfx

Reply 21 of 23, by cnpr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just got the voodoo 2 but doesn't detect on my machine at all I. tried this thing on 3 different machines on so far two on 98 and one on xp which is what im using now as of this post. it was one of those dragon ones with the green heat sinks. I hope I didn't blow 56 dollars on that thing. Is there any Im doing wrong that it won't detect? I have two other voodoos a 3 and a 5500, but there all agp. One currently in the p3 98 machine. I just tried this on my 4th machine. This time, a mac g4 but to no avil. I beginning to think I just blew 56 dollars on this.

Reply 22 of 23, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
cnpr wrote:

where? I am planning on buying one this evening. from there only thing i need is a 2d card for a decent price. thinking about leaning to a riva tnt 2 pci. I saw one for 10 dollars on ebay. I have rave pro turbo but I think the bios could be bad. I have a thread on that if any one can provide the bios for it.

You can get one here... 100 DkR is aprox the same as 14/15 US Dollars....
Keep in mind, that the seller might not ship to other contries.

http://www.dba.dk/3dfx-nostalgi-4-mb-ram/id-1020133101/

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 23 of 23, by kanecvr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cnpr wrote:

I just got the voodoo 2 but doesn't detect on my machine at all I. tried this thing on 3 different machines on so far two on 98 and one on xp which is what im using now as of this post. it was one of those dragon ones with the green heat sinks. I hope I didn't blow 56 dollars on that thing. Is there any Im doing wrong that it won't detect? I have two other voodoos a 3 and a 5500, but there all agp. One currently in the p3 98 machine. I just tried this on my 4th machine. This time, a mac g4 but to no avil. I beginning to think I just blew 56 dollars on this.

If it won't work on either machine the card is dead. Check for missing SMD capacitors (tiny brown ceramic things) and for bent pins on the 3dfx chips. If you have missing SMD caps, then it's 100% repairable. If you have bent 3dfx chip pins that are shorting, successful repairs are uncertain. If you're lucky after straightening the pins the card will be detected fine.