New XP all or nothing build

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 47, by JaKSLaP

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
candle_86 wrote:
Tertz wrote:

SLI generally is not a good idea. AMD stuff too.

SLI is great and whats wrong with AMD?

Whats the point of SLIing to OLD Cards when you can purchase One powerful card which could be faster then both of them put together. unless you want for synthetic purposes thats a different sorry.
if i was you i will defiantly stick to one powerful card and avoid all that hassles of "Does the game support SLI" Micro stuttering, heating etc

Reply 41 of 47, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
JaKSLaP wrote:
candle_86 wrote:
Tertz wrote:

SLI generally is not a good idea. AMD stuff too.

SLI is great and whats wrong with AMD?

Whats the point of SLIing to OLD Cards when you can purchase One powerful card which could be faster then both of them put together. unless you want for synthetic purposes thats a different sorry.
if i was you i will defiantly stick to one powerful card and avoid all that hassles of "Does the game support SLI" Micro stuttering, heating etc

The point is that I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really wanted a 7900GTX SLI setup back in 2006 but I couldn't afford it. Now I can and I have one. Your logic means nothing to me 🤣.

Reply 42 of 47, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So give me Idea's

My benchmark list so far is

3dmark01
3dmark03
3dmark05
3dmark06
FarCry 1.4
Doom 3 1.0
F.E.A.R
Crysis
Civilization V
Company of Hereos
Supreme Commander
Source Partiticle Benchmark

If i can figure out how
Oblivion

Any other's yall can think of that would be a good test for the system?

Reply 46 of 47, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Cool, what driver are you using?

I have an 775 SLI board with Nvidia chipset, but I think I will go with AMD, a fairly modern 990 chipset board 😁

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 47 of 47, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
PhilsComputerLab wrote:

Cool, what driver are you using?

I have an 775 SLI board with Nvidia chipset, but I think I will go with AMD, a fairly modern 990 chipset board 😁