STB SoundRage 32 Pro / Compaq Ultrasound 32 Pro:

stb_soundrage32_preview.jpg

ExpertColor MED3201:

expertcolor_med3201_preview.jpg

AudioExcel AV310 (two almost identical species):

av310x2_preview.jpg

AVM Apex:

avm_apex_preview.jpg

Last edited by bristlehog on 2014-12-28, 19:58. Edited 2 times in total.

Hardware comparisons and game system requirements: https://technical.city

Reply 4381 of 53278, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
easy_john wrote:
And I found another new isa-usb hub: http://www.simtec.co.uk/products/EB1161ISA/card-senw-sml.jpg http://www.simtec.co.uk/produ […]
Show full quote

And I found another new isa-usb hub:
card-senw-sml.jpg
http://www.simtec.co.uk/products/EB1161ISA/

Do you intend to use this ISA USB card in Linux only, or are you planning on writing your own DOS or Windows drivers for it?

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 4382 of 53278, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I looked into this card in the past. Unfortunately the drivers only allow you to use mass storage. It would have been better if it could drive a USB mouse too.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 4383 of 53278, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
foey wrote:
Received a Diamond Stealth SIII S540 for my '99-00 Pentium III build. Not the quickest card I know and the drivers are poor - bu […]
Show full quote

Received a Diamond Stealth SIII S540 for my '99-00 Pentium III build. Not the quickest card I know and the drivers are poor - but I was interested in the S3 Metal drivers for Unreal.

Its boxed, although not in the best condition the card was brand new - never been used.

35i9ahj.jpg

I've just had a play and although its not quick, I'm impressed. The textures looks fantastic in Unreal using the S3 Metal Driver and Unreal Tournament looks very clear, clearer/crisper than the Geforce 256 Pro I had in there.

Is that the one that was on ebay from Russian Federation? I was looking at that for a long time but couldn't justify the price so I bought an unboxed card from one seller and the driver CD from another seller for a lot less money. Mine is PCI, though, and the PCI version is a lot more difficult to find. The S540 is also the only Savage 4 Pro card that I have seen so far with 32mb memory. There is also an S530 card on ebay now in box with 8mb memory. 8mb seems to be what most of them come with.

Reply 4384 of 53278, by soviet conscript

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Anonymous Coward wrote:

I looked into this card in the past. Unfortunately the drivers only allow you to use mass storage. It would have been better if it could drive a USB mouse too.

foiled again! that's disappointing news

I just wish there was an easy way to use a modern laser mouse on old timey real 486 < hardware. not all (i'm thinking most do not) old 486 and lower boards have PS/2 headers. especially none OEM stuff.

Last edited by soviet conscript on 2014-07-18, 00:52. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 4385 of 53278, by Kahenraz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
soviet conscript wrote:

I just wish there was an easy way to use a modern laser mouse on old timey real 486 < hardware. not all (i'm thinking most do not) old 486 and lower boards have PS/2 headers. especially not the OEM stuff.

You need an "active" USB to PS/2 adapter which has the conversion circuitry inside of it. Most adapters you will find today are passive and rely on the BIOS, which is why they don't work in older systems.

Reply 4386 of 53278, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
soviet conscript wrote:

I just wish there was an easy way to use a modern laser mouse on old timey real 486 < hardware. not all (i'm thinking most do not) old 486 and lower boards have PS/2 headers. especially none OEM stuff.

Especially OEM boards have PS/2 ports 😀

My Biostar board also does.

But you can always just build a super socket 7 time machine 🤣

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 4387 of 53278, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There are laser PS/2 mice, right?

Reply 4389 of 53278, by foey

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sliderider wrote:

Is that the one that was on ebay from Russian Federation? I was looking at that for a long time but couldn't justify the price so I bought an unboxed card from one seller and the driver CD from another seller for a lot less money. Mine is PCI, though, and the PCI version is a lot more difficult to find. The S540 is also the only Savage 4 Pro card that I have seen so far with 32mb memory. There is also an S530 card on ebay now in box with 8mb memory. 8mb seems to be what most of them come with.

No, this was from ebay uk, london. I paid just over £9 delivered. Its complete with the discs and manual e.t.c. I can upload the Savage4 Demo which was on the disc if you wanted. What system you installed it in?

Cyrix Instead Build, 6x86 166+ | 32mb SD | 4mb S3 Virge DX | Creative AWE64 | Win95
ATC-S PIII Tualatin Win9x Build :- ATC-S PIII Coppermine Win9x Build Log [WIP] **Photo Heavy**

Reply 4390 of 53278, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

> Set alarm to 6:05AM
> Wake up, get ready, leave house at 6:15AM
> Reach Flea Market at 7:00AM
> Walk around looking at various stuff like cool amplifiers, speakers, all kinds of things
> See an AWE32 like card
> Is an CT3900 with SCB-55
> Purchase card for 3$ at 7:35AM
> Feel like boss

18072014469.jpg

Now my idea is finally complete 😁

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 4391 of 53278, by archsan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Stojke wrote:

> See an AWE32 like card
> Purchase card for 3$

Damn lucky dude! 🤣 That SCB-55 is probably worth at least 33x what you paid!

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."—Arthur C. Clarke
"No way. Installing the drivers on these things always gives me a headache."—Guybrush Threepwood (on cutting-edge voodoo technology)

Reply 4392 of 53278, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Stojke wrote:

> Purchase card for 3$ at 7:35AM
> Feel like bossD

tvt7ns.jpg

My Retro B:\ytes YouTube Channel & Retro Collection
LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 4394 of 53278, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Funny thing is I wanted to buy one from PeterLY, but it sold on ebay because he forgot to take it down.
Dreams do come true 🤣

Reply 4395 of 53278, by bristlehog

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That's an AWE64 Gold S/PDIF bracket on your pic, Stojke. Do not use it with AWE32, it has much higher signal voltage than AWE64 and can damage the receiving digital equipment.

Hardware comparisons and game system requirements: https://technical.city

Reply 4396 of 53278, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I wont, i am using this one 😀

4fb85f6459.jpg

I included in the picture because its from creative.
Thanks for telling me that! (I use Asus Xonar D2X as my main system Sound Card and its S/PDIF)

Reply 4397 of 53278, by PeterLI

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

-

Last edited by PeterLI on 2016-12-15, 19:10. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 4398 of 53278, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

😀

Reply 4399 of 53278, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Stojke, I wish I were you, literally!!

PeterLI, what's up with the Russian letters?