User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
m1so wrote:
F2bnp wrote:
m1so wrote:

... XP 2800+ with GMA950...

Seriously. There is no way you got an Intel GMA950 with an Athlon XP 2800+ on the same system.

I did not have it, god forbid. They were those IBM desktop flat types that the schools are full of. I can swear they were Athlon XPs, through maybe 3200+. I know they were GMA950, checked the graphics after seeing Warcraft 3 running like on a Pentium 2 system.

Then your memory fails you. Only chipsets for Intel CPUs had Intel IGP graphics. To be precise, GMA950 came with 945 series chipsets which means the CPU had to be somewhere between Pentium 4 and Core 2. Of course Intel GPUs have improved a lot since then, especially since HD graphics.

If the mentioned Athlon XP came with some kind of IGP it probably was from AMD or nVidia which at the time must have been superior to an Intel IGP.

Reply 61 of 61, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
idspispopd wrote:

If the mentioned Athlon XP came with some kind of IGP it probably was from AMD or nVidia which at the time must have been superior to an Intel IGP.

VIA/S3 and SiS are possibilities too. ATi is somewhat unlikely since their chip sets were mostly in notebooks at the time I believe.