VOGONS

PCChips M321 v2.5 Bios update utility

Topic actions

Reply 60 of 64, by weedeewee

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yes, but the 9 chip ones should work as well. I know I have some laying around to verify, question is where...
Your chips don't use A11, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Do you have a programmer for the bios or someone nearby that can program a chip for you ?

Right to repair is fundamental. You own it, you're allowed to fix it.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Do not ask Why !
https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Serial_port

Reply 61 of 64, by butjer1010

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
weedeewee wrote on 2023-12-10, 07:25:

Yes, but the 9 chip ones should work as well. I know I have some laying around to verify, question is where...

Do you have a programmer for the bios or someone nearby that can program a chip for you ?

Yes, a friend has flashed me new 2.7 bios already. I asked him to try flash this 2.11 You have on Your board, but Horun said "Actually it is same 2.7 with a small insert of the TRANS-AMERITECH ENTERPRISES, Inc. as per the hex compare. Both dated internally 6/6/1992".... Don't know this would help?

Reply 62 of 64, by weedeewee

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
butjer1010 wrote on 2023-12-10, 07:56:

Yes, a friend has flashed me new 2.7 bios already. I asked him to try flash this 2.11 You have on Your board, but Horun said "Actually it is same 2.7 with a small insert of the TRANS-AMERITECH ENTERPRISES, Inc. as per the hex compare. Both dated internally 6/6/1992".... Don't know this would help?

No that extra text will not make a difference.
If you're running the 2.7 now and ram is still not detected properly I guess it's gotta be hardware.
If you feel like trying another bios, go for the mr bios.

Right to repair is fundamental. You own it, you're allowed to fix it.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Do not ask Why !
https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Serial_port

Reply 63 of 64, by butjer1010

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
weedeewee wrote on 2023-12-10, 08:06:
No that extra text will not make a difference. If you're running the 2.7 now and ram is still not detected properly I guess it's […]
Show full quote

If you're running the 2.7 now and ram is still not detected properly I guess it's gotta be hardware.

I have sent him this mrbios, so i will wait and see if this makes any difference. Thanks a lot

Reply 64 of 64, by butjer1010

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
weedeewee wrote on 2023-12-10, 08:06:
No that extra text will not make a difference. If you're running the 2.7 now and ram is still not detected properly I guess it's […]
Show full quote

After a long time, i managed to get mr bios, but still, no changes. Only 4MB is shown?!? So, probably there is some trace damaged between bios chip and memory slots. I would need to unsolder all the chips to find it, and i don't have time for that. I will leave 4MB inside (actually 16MB - 4x4), and hoping to find similar board like this one, so i can change it. Thanks for everything.....