VOGONS

Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 8280 of 53264, by moturimi1

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Bougth a VGA + Sound ISA combo (SV2000 rev 2): ET4000AX graphics + Sound Blaster Pro 1.0 (Dual OPL2)
Unfortunately I do not know much about the card. I was not able to find any info or jumper setting.
Who knows wheather it is possible to turn off the graphics funcionality or not?
The graphics output it not very clean. I tried to change the RAMDAC, but with no effect on the image quality.

p7110095ryyc7.jpg

Reply 8281 of 53264, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
moturimi1 wrote:

Bougth a VGA + Sound ISA combo (SV2000 rev 2): ET4000AX graphics + Sound Blaster Pro 1.0 (Dual OPL2)]

Wow - that thing's a beast! Not sure if I've ever seen something like that before. Is that a 26-pin wavetable header on there too?

My Retro B:\ytes YouTube Channel & Retro Collection
LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 8283 of 53264, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keropi wrote:

great find!
both headers are for use from the VGA part of the card , the one that looks like a wavetable header is the "VESA feature connector" AFAIK

Ahh yes. That makes more sense given its location. That and given the card's age it wouldn't make sense either.

LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 8284 of 53264, by kithylin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Artex wrote:

Do you mean multiple PCX2s for a bigger performance gain? Or an combination of different cards with different drivers?

Adding multiple for more performance. I was just curious. PCI or not we can add multiple voodoo2's for more performance.. I know these have no cross-connect interface like V2, but I guess they don't scale with extra cards, then. I was just curious about em.. I didn't even know these M3D cards existed until I got on vogons and know very little about em now.

Reply 8285 of 53264, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
kithylin wrote:
Artex wrote:

Do you mean multiple PCX2s for a bigger performance gain? Or an combination of different cards with different drivers?

Adding multiple for more performance. I was just curious. PCI or not we can add multiple voodoo2's for more performance.. I know these have no cross-connect interface like V2, but I guess they don't scale with extra cards, then. I was just curious about em.. I didn't even know these M3D cards existed until I got on vogons and know very little about em now.

Definitely a good question. I have a soft spot for these Midas5 PowerVR underdogs as they existed in a tough market back in 1997. I never had a PCX1 or PCX2-based card back in the day as I started my 3d gaming obsession after purchasing the 3DFX Orchid Righteous 3D and jumped straight to a Voodoo2 from there. You gotta respect the other players in the game back in the day. So for these reasons (and my sealed Neon250 🤣 ) I think these are great additions to any collection, and at the very least, they are a good conversation piece.

LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 8286 of 53264, by moturimi1

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
keropi wrote:

great find!
both headers are for use from the VGA part of the card , the one that looks like a wavetable header is the "VESA feature connector" AFAIK

Do you really think that both headers are for the VGA part? I think that J4 is a Panasonic CD-ROM connector.
Of course there is no wavetable header as such headers were introduced with the Sound Blaster 16, right?

I was really lucky to buy this beast. Hope that I can solve the graphics problems or that it is possible to swich this part off.

Why did card manufacturer combine to cards on one slot card? I think this card was quite expensive in those days.
People say that the CT1330A is rare. So this combo board is quite collectable as I have never owned such ISA combo cards, even though I own VLB combo cards.

Reply 8287 of 53264, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
moturimi1 wrote:

Why did card manufacturer combine to cards on one slot card?

Reminds me of another card that did both audio and video on a single PCB:
R6KRrZ.jpg

LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 8288 of 53264, by easy_john

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Artex wrote:

There were many combined cards. Another example - Nvidia NV1, but wavetable is awful and opl is emulated thru awful wavetable :)

Pentium2 450/256mb/4gb/ati rage 128+voodoo2/SB awe32 8mb+db50xg/GUS PnP 8mb/TB Tropez 2mb
486 DX2-66/32mb/8gb/tseng4000 2mb/SB 16+WB/GUS 1mb/LAPC-I
286 12mhz/4mb/512mb/Vga 1mb/SB 2.0+Covox
PegasosII G4 / Amiga 4000 / Amiga1200 / Amiga 600

Reply 8289 of 53264, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
easy_john wrote:
Artex wrote:

There were many combined cards. Another example - Nvidia NV1, but wavetable is awful and opl is emulated thru awful wavetable 😀

Ahh yes! How could I forget that Nvidia card!? I'm just on a PowerVR kick lately. 😎

LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 8290 of 53264, by PeterLI

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I bought the CM-32L in IT. Now I have to wait for shipping to NL. I will pick it up there in 09. 🤣

Reply 8291 of 53264, by Formulator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

ATI VGA Wonder XL24 with Brooktree RAMDAC. Sadly, the card does not work. I would like to find a way to make this functional, as it claims to support dual monitors.

IMG_0175.JPG

Reply 8292 of 53264, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Overexposed eproms maybe?

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 8293 of 53264, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
PeterLI wrote:

I bought the CM-32L in IT. Now I have to wait for shipping to NL. I will pick it up there in 09. 🤣

From the mercatino Musicale ad? I made some contact with the guy as well but he took so much time to respond i gave up.

Reply 8294 of 53264, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
moturimi1 wrote:
keropi wrote:

Why did card manufacturer combine to cards on one slot card? I think this card was quite expensive in those days.

I think that was a more cheaper solution.(reducing costs of a machine) I hope you can imagine how expensive memory chips where back in the days, same for graphic cards, soundcards and such..

Combining two solutions on one cards makes the total price lesser high.. Thats why Asus came with the media bus connector on their socket 7 board..

CNR, AMR where also invented because it was a more cheaper solution for mostly OEMs the reduce the total costs of the machine..

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 8295 of 53264, by moturimi1

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Formulator wrote:

ATI VGA Wonder XL24 with Brooktree RAMDAC. Sadly, the card does not work. I would like to find a way to make this functional, as it claims to support dual monitors.

IMG_0175.JPG

Check this out and ask for the VGA BIOS.
http://www.vgamuseum.info/index.php/cards/ite … r-xl-stereo-f-x

moturimi1 wrote:

..even ATI designed such a card: ATI VGA Stereo F/X

Thanks for all the comments. Is it possible to switch of VGA with the ATI VGA Stereo F/X? What about using a second VGA? Which is going to work?

Reply 8296 of 53264, by PeterLI

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

From the mercatino Musicale ad? I made some contact with the guy as well but he took so much time to respond i gave up.

Indeed. I used a buddy in IT. 😀

Reply 8297 of 53264, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Stojke wrote:

Overexposed eproms maybe?

I think the same.. New programmed eproms and masked off would do.

Reply 8298 of 53264, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
moturimi1 wrote:
Check this out and ask for the VGA BIOS. http://www.vgamuseum.info/index.php/cards/ite … r-xl-stereo-f-x […]
Show full quote
Formulator wrote:

IMG_0175.JPG

Check this out and ask for the VGA BIOS.
http://www.vgamuseum.info/index.php/cards/ite … r-xl-stereo-f-x

moturimi1 wrote:

..even ATI designed such a card: ATI VGA Stereo F/X

Thanks for all the comments. Is it possible to switch of VGA with the ATI VGA Stereo F/X? What about using a second VGA? Which is going to work?

Or just using this website..

http://www.minuszerodegrees.net/rom/rom.htm

Reply 8299 of 53264, by easy_john

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Aztech SoundGalaxy Nova 16 Extra (?)
ISA_Aztech_SoundGalaxy_Nova_16_Extra_f.JPG.

Aztech SoundGalaxy Pro 16 AB (?)
ISA_Aztech_SoundGalaxy_Pro_16_AB_f.JPG.

Aztech SoundGalaxy Pro 16 IIB-3D
ISA_Aztech_SoundGalaxy_Pro_16_IIB-3D_f.JPG.

Aztech SoundGalaxy Washington 16
ISA_Aztech_SoundGalaxy_Washington_16_f.JPG.

Creative SoundBlaster 16 CT2900
ISA_Creative_SoundBlaster_16_CT2900_f.JPG.

Creative SoundBlaster 16 CT2950
ISA_Creative_SoundBlaster_16_CT2950_f.JPG.

Creative SoundBlaster 32 CT3930
ISA_Creative_SoundBlaster_32_CT3930_f.JPG.

Anybody know, where to get AZtech drivers for all cards?

Pentium2 450/256mb/4gb/ati rage 128+voodoo2/SB awe32 8mb+db50xg/GUS PnP 8mb/TB Tropez 2mb
486 DX2-66/32mb/8gb/tseng4000 2mb/SB 16+WB/GUS 1mb/LAPC-I
286 12mhz/4mb/512mb/Vga 1mb/SB 2.0+Covox
PegasosII G4 / Amiga 4000 / Amiga1200 / Amiga 600