VOGONS

First post, by rain

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi ive asus cusl2-c mobo which ps2 port not work. There is a thread about this mobo which discussied about that c151 chip removing fix issue.

Re: Keyboard not working

but cant find c151 on board anyone know where is it on mobo.

There is a hd picture of mobo here: https://theretroweb.com/motherboards/s/asus-cusl2-c

Also tried usb ports but keyboard is very laggy

Reply 1 of 12, by paradigital

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The CN1 designation on the PCB is what matters, the actual capacitor network component might not be marked with C151.

On the other thread it’s CN1, next to the back of the PS/2 connector, but without a close-up shot of your board near the PS/2 connector it is impossible to say, it could be a different revision.

Reply 3 of 12, by snufkin

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Assuming it is the same fault then a picture of the whole board doesn't really help as other components get in the way (particularly those big capacitors) so we can't see the component around the PS/2 ports. It might help if you could take a picture of the area around the PS/2, good enough to read the board markings and ideally a picture of both the top and bottom of the board.

Reply 4 of 12, by rain

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

My phones cam not good enough but here some pictures around ps2

Attachments

Reply 6 of 12, by snufkin

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Pictures are fine, and that looks like it. The previous thread said it was marked C151, which the component marking it is on yours. The silkscreen marking is CN1. If there's not enough space to put the silkscreen right next to a bunch of components then they will put all the silkscreen marks nearby, but in the same relative position as the components.

Attachments

• c151.jpg
    Filename
    c151.jpg
    File size
    78.36 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 7 of 12, by rain

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
snufkin wrote on 2024-04-16, 13:12:

Pictures are fine, and that looks like it. The previous thread said it was marked C151, which the component marking it is on yours. The silkscreen marking is CN1. If there's not enough space to put the silkscreen right next to a bunch of components then they will put all the silkscreen marks nearby, but in the same relative position as the components.

So how to remove c151 chip with hotair tool i dont have any tools for it. Does Needlenose work?

Reply 8 of 12, by paradigital

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Even without hot air or tweezers you should be able to lift that with a decent chisel tip iron.

You’ll need to clean up the pads afterwards with some desoldering braid.

Reply 9 of 12, by rain

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
paradigital wrote on 2024-04-16, 17:12:

Even without hot air or tweezers you should be able to lift that with a decent chisel tip iron.

You’ll need to clean up the pads afterwards with some desoldering braid.

im remove chip from mobo but there are some solder left: here is picture should i use desoldering on this

Attachments

Reply 11 of 12, by paradigital

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I’m confused, you’ve clearly removed the right component, have you replaced it with a new part or are you just expecting removal of random components to fix the board?

Reply 12 of 12, by rain

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
paradigital wrote on 2024-04-18, 16:25:

I’m confused, you’ve clearly removed the right component, have you replaced it with a new part or are you just expecting removal of random components to fix the board?

Yeah i think removing will fix it