VOGONS

First post, by Kubik

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Folks,

what kind of DRAM card goes to Toshiba T1910 / T1950 (and other Toshiba 486) laptops? Some sources say it's a proprietary card, while some others suggest it's a regular PCMCIA / JEIDA DRAM card. Also, if it is the later, which one? There are, according to Wiki, various versions, different number of pins, and even the ones with same number of pins (V1 and V2) are said to be incompatible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JEIDA_memory_card

I have fixed T1910 and T1950 (leaky caps) and they work fine, but they share one 4MB DRAM card which isn't great.
I can see some PCMCIA DRAM cards here and there, but it's not clear which ones are compatible.

Thanks a lot!

Reply 1 of 1, by Thermalwrong

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's standard JEIDA as far as I can tell, I think the requirement for the Toshibas is 3.3v but I don't know if there are standards for the voltages and it's tough to find detailed info on JEIDA cards now.
I've used the memory card from a T1950CT in my Panasonic CF-41 which uses a half-length JEIDA card - so it stuck out the side of the laptop but it did work just fine.

Best to look for the Toshiba part codes, I've seen the RAM cards come up cheap pretty often but I've got all the ones I need.
PC-PA2012U 4MB memory card (3.3V)
PC-PA2013U 8MB memory card (3.3V)
PC-PA2014U 16MB memory card (3.3V)

Just search for (PA2012,PA2013,PA2014). There's someone in the UK selling batches of 5x of the 4mb cards right now.