VOGONS

Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 45140 of 52354, by HanSolo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

As far as I see it, this guy simply knows the CPU is rare but he has no clue what a realistic price might be. That's why he accepts offers.
Honestly I don't see anything bad about it. What would you do?

Radical Vision wrote on 2022-06-15, 10:01:

SO basically this CPU was on local AD site for pocket change, some scalper saw it, and now will scalping scalps of some poor bastards (or most likely rich ones) ...

I think it's the same person. The photo is different but has the same background. But maybe I missed something..
(And even if it is a different person I still don't see anything bad about it except a stolen photo)

Reply 45141 of 52354, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
HanSolo wrote on 2022-06-15, 10:07:
As far as I see it, this guy simply knows the CPU is rare but he has no clue what a realistic price might be. That's why he acce […]
Show full quote

As far as I see it, this guy simply knows the CPU is rare but he has no clue what a realistic price might be. That's why he accepts offers.

SO basically this CPU was on local AD site for pocket change, some scalper saw it, and now will scalping scalps of some poor bastards (or most likely rich ones) ...

I think it's the same person. The photo is different but has the same background. But maybe I missed something..
(And even if it is a different person I still don't see anything bad about it except a stolen photo)

I might do a little research about the item and look at similar rare cpus to get an idea what a fair price might be then add a bit to it. I would still accept offers but just slapping a price on it is just highlighting how much you don’t know what you are selling.

Reply 45142 of 52354, by Radical Vision

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
As far as I see it, this guy simply knows the CPU is rare but he has no clue what a realistic price might be. That's why he acce […]
Show full quote

That is how i lost Diamond Monster MX300 Aureal VorteX II... Some guy saw my AD ( i have ADs on local sites, that i buy off and look for retro) and we did talk business, he wanted like 10-13 euro for that card i was fine with that ofc the card was in pristine condition even better... But since i ask every single guy that shows me something good, or if i spot some goods on AD i ask every time if the serller have more stuff that he did not add to the AD, and i wait if they do have to make pictures so i can see if i will get lucky... Sadly that Diamond MX300 guy was one of the smart ones after 1 day only he send some more pictures but he did got the idea there is ebay, and that these old parts are not as useless as he did think, so he did cancel the sell, later on i saw the same card costing 60 euros and i was like FK that guy...

One time i saw IBM Aptiva 486 (did not need such system, BUT for trades was going to be nice weapon/ ace in the sleeve) it did cost only the funny 15 euros i called the seller saying i will buy the machine, but was later and the seller wanted to be on the next day fine with me.. And what to see 2 hours later the same IBM Aptiva was changed price 3 fucking times 15>40>140 euros i was like what the actual FK.... I called the seller, he acted like he did not talk with me, or the price was not 15 euros i was mad... Talked 15 minutes with him could not make him agree on the fucking price HE did use cursed him good and told hiom to go fuck himself and to lose all the money he will earn from that system and even more. And it was clear it was not mistake, as he rised the price in 2 hours 3 times wtf....

Or a guy that did send me message with Voodoo III 2K AGP and the offer of 3 euro for the card (seems he did think that card is some old garbage) i did accept the generous offer of him ofc, and as usual asked if there are more parts, he said to wait 2-3 days for him to look arround... Then 2 days later he also same as the VorteX II seller, had got the idea these 3Dfx cards was expensive on ebay, he showed me Voodoo Banshee black one as well, and said he will cancer the deal i got really mad started to swear him, and since i did write alot of swears like 5-6 minutes did pass, in that time my anger cooled and i started thinking wtf to do to get at least the closed deal on the Voodoo III as he did offer 3 euros and i did accept meaning the deal is ON, no matter if he wants to backpedal from the deal.. Literally told the guy to act like man and to keep on his word, not like a c**t to backpedal as if he did come to me and ask from the beginning 50-60 euros was going to be whole different story, and literally commanded him to send me the promiced Voodoo III, and to keep the Banshee and sell it on whatever price he wants.. Lickly for me the guy at least acted like a man and sended the Voodoo III card for 3 euros as promised and shanken hands....

One time there was AD for Voodoo Rush Acorp priced only 10 euros, i contacted the seller wanting to purchase the card ofc.. He was like the card is sold, i was like ok. And what to see year later that same piece of lying SHIT selling the same exact card, same exact pictures but the price is now 70 euros, and i know it is him, as i remember the name, saved the account from the previous time, and the pictures are exatly the same... Contacted that lying piece of shit to tell him that i want my card for 10 euros, he was like we did never talk, and he prob does not remember as was like 8 months ago or more... Clever and nasty mother fucker that seller is, to lie the card is sold, instead of sending it, or say he wont sell it to me for 10 euros, cuz he saw it cost alot more.... Whatever sweared him too and told him, the karma is bitch and he will get the same crap from someone else, and feel bad fuck him...

Mah systems retro, old, newer (Radical stuff)
W3680 4.5/ GA-x58 UD7/ R9 280x
K7 2.6/ NF7-S/ HD3850
IBM x2 P3 933/ GA-6VXD7/ Voodoo V 5.5K
Cmq P2 450/ GA-BX2000/ V2 SLI
IBM PC365
Cmq DeskPRO 486/33
IBM PS/2 Model 56
SPS IntelleXT 8088

Reply 45143 of 52354, by Nexxen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Radical Vision wrote on 2022-06-15, 10:22:
That is how i lost Diamond Monster MX300 Aureal VorteX II... Some guy saw my AD ( i have ADs on local sites, that i buy off and […]
Show full quote
Show full quote

That is how i lost Diamond Monster MX300 Aureal VorteX II... Some guy saw my AD ( i have ADs on local sites, that i buy off and look for retro) and we did talk business, he wanted like 10-13 euro for that card i was fine with that ofc the card was in pristine condition even better... But since i ask every single guy that shows me something good, or if i spot some goods on AD i ask every time if the serller have more stuff that he did not add to the AD, and i wait if they do have to make pictures so i can see if i will get lucky... Sadly that Diamond MX300 guy was one of the smart ones after 1 day only he send some more pictures but he did got the idea there is ebay, and that these old parts are not as useless as he did think, so he did cancel the sell, later on i saw the same card costing 60 euros and i was like FK that guy...

One time i saw IBM Aptiva 486 (did not need such system, BUT for trades was going to be nice weapon/ ace in the sleeve) it did cost only the funny 15 euros i called the seller saying i will buy the machine, but was later and the seller wanted to be on the next day fine with me.. And what to see 2 hours later the same IBM Aptiva was changed price 3 fucking times 15>40>140 euros i was like what the actual FK.... I called the seller, he acted like he did not talk with me, or the price was not 15 euros i was mad... Talked 15 minutes with him could not make him agree on the fucking price HE did use cursed him good and told hiom to go fuck himself and to lose all the money he will earn from that system and even more. And it was clear it was not mistake, as he rised the price in 2 hours 3 times wtf....

Or a guy that did send me message with Voodoo III 2K AGP and the offer of 3 euro for the card (seems he did think that card is some old garbage) i did accept the generous offer of him ofc, and as usual asked if there are more parts, he said to wait 2-3 days for him to look arround... Then 2 days later he also same as the VorteX II seller, had got the idea these 3Dfx cards was expensive on ebay, he showed me Voodoo Banshee black one as well, and said he will cancer the deal i got really mad started to swear him, and since i did write alot of swears like 5-6 minutes did pass, in that time my anger cooled and i started thinking wtf to do to get at least the closed deal on the Voodoo III as he did offer 3 euros and i did accept meaning the deal is ON, no matter if he wants to backpedal from the deal.. Literally told the guy to act like man and to keep on his word, not like a c**t to backpedal as if he did come to me and ask from the beginning 50-60 euros was going to be whole different story, and literally commanded him to send me the promiced Voodoo III, and to keep the Banshee and sell it on whatever price he wants.. Lickly for me the guy at least acted like a man and sended the Voodoo III card for 3 euros as promised and shanken hands....

One time there was AD for Voodoo Rush Acorp priced only 10 euros, i contacted the seller wanting to purchase the card ofc.. He was like the card is sold, i was like ok. And what to see year later that same piece of lying SHIT selling the same exact card, same exact pictures but the price is now 70 euros, and i know it is him, as i remember the name, saved the account from the previous time, and the pictures are exatly the same... Contacted that lying piece of shit to tell him that i want my card for 10 euros, he was like we did never talk, and he prob does not remember as was like 8 months ago or more... Clever and nasty mother fucker that seller is, to lie the card is sold, instead of sending it, or say he wont sell it to me for 10 euros, cuz he saw it cost alot more.... Whatever sweared him too and told him, the karma is bitch and he will get the same crap from someone else, and feel bad fuck him...

I stopped asking if the seller has more stuff for that exact same reason.

PC#1 Pentium 233 MMX - 98SE
PC#2 PIII-1Ghz - 98SE/W2K

Reply 45144 of 52354, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ChrisK wrote on 2022-06-15, 09:14:
And then there are those trying to just maximize their profits above all limits. Sorry, this might not be the right place but so […]
Show full quote

And then there are those trying to just maximize their profits above all limits.
Sorry, this might not be the right place but something in me screams I've to tell that to someone.

Shortly there was this offered on a local classifieds site:
ST.JPG
It was offered for 15 EUR and sold within a few hours.

Some days later I stumbled upon this:
ST2.JPG
https://www.ebay.de/itm/203989527121

Sure everyone can buy and sell things to his taste but when I see something like this and know the background there's a knife popping up in my pocket.
(won't disguise that I had liked to buy this, not because it's an ES but because an ST's 586 is missing in my collection and this one is in very fine condition)

Why didn't you get it? 😜
€15 seems like an ok price for a Cyrix 5x86 100MHz even without it being an ES. Can't see the pins but it seems to be in good condition.

And yes I think it's the same seller...unless the new seller simply reused the other seller's pics (or for all we know the sale is a 100% fake 😮 😜 )

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 45145 of 52354, by ChrisK

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
kixs wrote on 2022-06-15, 09:21:
And then there are those trying to just maximize their profits above all limits. Sorry, this might not be the right place but so […]
Show full quote

And then there are those trying to just maximize their profits above all limits.
Sorry, this might not be the right place but something in me screams I've to tell that to someone.

ST.JPG

ST2.JPG

Sure everyone can buy and sell things to his taste but when I see something like this and know the background there's a knife popping up in my pocket.
(won't disguise that I had liked to buy this, not because it's an ES but because an ST's 586 is missing in my collection and this one is in very fine condition)

You made an offer of 15eur?

No it was actually offered and sold for 15 EUR at first, at least the seller from the classifieds site told me it was sold already, and some time later it was offered again on ebay by someone else. Allegedly the one who's bought it before for 15 EUR.
I deeply assume this is one and the same CPU (didn't take a shot of the serial numbers from the one on the classifieds site though), how often would you see an ES from the same rare CPU within a few days?
So the deal was buy for 15 and instantly offer for an insane amount (highly doubt it will sell for that).

Reply 45146 of 52354, by Radical Vision

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Nexxen wrote on 2022-06-15, 10:38:
That is how i lost Diamond Monster MX300 Aureal VorteX II... Some guy saw my AD ( i have ADs on local sites, that i buy off and […]
Show full quote
Show full quote

I stopped asking if the seller has more stuff for that exact same reason.

You are god damn right about that... But most of the times i get very lucky when i ask them if there are extra stuff.. I learned from these idiot sellers, that when dealing with ppl to close the deal and shake hands on the first cheap and good thing, and then to talk more about others if there are any.. See these situations, if i did not ask, the guy was not going to show me other stuff, as he and others tends to say ï did not know you ar einterested in others too"

Take for example here the Adaptec PCI controller is one of the best and the CyriX 686 CPU that is what the AD was for.. I asked if there are more and BOOM take a look at that jackpot Hercules S3 Terminator Card, Sound Blaster AWE64 Gold, 3Dfx Voodoo Orchid, Pentium Pro, ASUS CUA (i have no idea wtf with that mobo, it features some strange Alladin chipset, have integrated TNT II card, and no AGP slot 🤣 ) mobo and some other nice stuff..

IMG_20181224_104139.jpg
Filename
IMG_20181224_104139.jpg
File size
1.79 MiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Or take this case for example, i was contacted by a guy, he was offering socket 370 CPUs, and if i was like nice lets trade, and not ask, all these was going to the dumpster, as he did consider them garbage, and the seller did even forgot about all these that he did had them my question if there are more did remind him of these.... Even more insane jackpot single MSI Tualatin s370 mobo, AOpen dual s370 mobo, ABIT BE6, x2 Pentium III 1.4-S, couple of crap Slot 1 boards, BIOstar, Shuttle.. Yamaha ISA cards, Cele Tualeron Lin-Lin 370 adaptor, that allows the use of Tualeron on some boards such as ABIT BE6/ BE6-II, ASUS SloTket, bunch of more NOname sloTkets crap some new even, bunch of 3Com ISA lan cards, bunch of Tualerons 1.1GHz, 1.2, 1.3...

IMG_20171012_16223912.jpg
Filename
IMG_20171012_16223912.jpg
File size
845.26 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
IMG_20171012_162053.jpg
Filename
IMG_20171012_162053.jpg
File size
1.68 MiB
Views
File license
Public domain
IMG_20171012_16213878.jpg
Filename
IMG_20171012_16213878.jpg
File size
1.5 MiB
Views
File license
Public domain

That is the reason i ask every time for more stuff... I have more situations like the ones on the pictures, but these are enough of proof... Some times if the "human" being on the other side of the monitor is retarded, greedy, nasty or combination of all of them you wont be able to buy even a single thing... After all when you buy/ sell things both sides need to be correct and keep on their word, and not to pull some nasty tricks and try to screw eatch other..

BTW for some reason i like u dont know why, maybe cuz u remind me a bit of an Italian player we did play WoW together, and he was similar way (the so called welcome attitude or something like that), maybe because of that...

Last edited by Radical Vision on 2022-06-15, 11:07. Edited 2 times in total.

K7 2.6/ NF7-S/ HD3850
IBM PC365
Cmq DeskPRO 486/33
IBM PS/2 Model 56
SPS IntelleXT 8088

Reply 45147 of 52354, by ChrisK

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Show full quote

The first photo actually is from the ebay offering because I didn't make a shot from the ad site where I've seen it before.
Of course it's a bit of guessing but I highly doubt it is the same person.
I know the seller on ebay from other auctions, e.g. some rare nexgen stuff and he knows what he sells.
Like said before, everyone can buy & sell things for whatever prices they wish, but this special case shows how this world works.

Reply 45148 of 52354, by ChrisK

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Tetrium wrote on 2022-06-15, 10:47:
Why didn't you get it? :P €15 seems like an ok price for a Cyrix 5x86 100MHz even without it being an ES. Can't see the pins but […]
Show full quote
Show full quote

ST.JPG

ST2.JPG

Why didn't you get it? 😜
€15 seems like an ok price for a Cyrix 5x86 100MHz even without it being an ES. Can't see the pins but it seems to be in good condition.

And yes I think it's the same seller...unless the new seller simply reused the other seller's pics (or for all we know the sale is a 100% fake 😮 😜 )

I asked but was too late. The first seller just wrote that it was already sold.
I would have paid more than 15 EUR, even if it's just some standard Cyrix, but sometimes you can't do anything about it but accept that someone else made the deal.

Reply 45149 of 52354, by Shnur

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
TrashPanda wrote on 2022-06-15, 10:19:

I might do a little research about the item and look at similar rare cpus to get an idea what a fair price might be then add a bit to it. I would still accept offers but just slapping a price on it is just highlighting how much you don’t know what you are selling.

Hello TrashPanda!

Sorry to disturb you here with non-related question, but i see you post here a lot, so wanted to get your attention. Unfortunately i can't PM yet, could you please have a look at my question in the other thread in this forum? Here it is - Re: Playing ON vs WITH retro hardware (and hardware preservation)

Thanks!

Reply 45150 of 52354, by Radical Vision

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ChrisK wrote on 2022-06-15, 11:05:

I asked but was too late. The first seller just wrote that it was already sold.
I would have paid more than 15 EUR, even if it's just some standard Cyrix, but sometimes you can't do anything about it but accept that someone else made the deal.

That seller may be the same kind of piece of shit, like the Voodoo Rush seller, that did lie to me the Rush was sold, and now he sells it for 7 times the original price 🤣 ... Scumbag sellers exist sadly as well...

K7 2.6/ NF7-S/ HD3850
IBM PC365
Cmq DeskPRO 486/33
IBM PS/2 Model 56
SPS IntelleXT 8088

Reply 45152 of 52354, by HanSolo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Show full quote
Show full quote

All your stories have one red line:
- you found somebody who offered some stuff without having the slightest idea how much they are worth.
- They found out about the real value after you contacted them and they backed out of the deal.
- Now you are pissed that you didn't get the stuff WAY under its market value.

Yes, one should not act like an idiot and pretend a conversation never happened. At least be honest about it - I give you that.

But 'act like a man and keep to his word' has limits. And if somebody realizes he's about to give away things literally for free that are worth quite some amount of money those limits are reached.

Radical Vision wrote on 2022-06-15, 10:58:

After all when you buy/ sell things both sides need to be correct and keep on their word, and not to pull some nasty tricks and try to screw eatch other..

Nice words. Do they also apply to you? As a buyer? Are you man enough to tell somebody that the price he's asking is unrealistically low? From all the stuff you posted I think I know the answer..

Reply 45153 of 52354, by Radical Vision

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
HanSolo wrote on 2022-06-15, 11:18:
All your stories have one red line: - you found somebody who offered some stuff without having the slightest idea how much they […]
Show full quote
Show full quote
Show full quote

- you found somebody who offered some stuff without having the slightest idea how much they are worth.
- They found out about the real value after you contacted them and they backed out of the deal.

Yes, one should not act like an idiot and pretend a conversation never happened. At least be honest about it - I give you that.

But 'act like a man and keep to his word' has limits. And if somebody realizes he's about to give away things literally for free that are worth quite some amount of money those limits are reached.

After all when you buy/ sell things both sides need to be correct and keep on their word, and not to pull some nasty tricks and try to screw eatch other..

Nice words. Do they also apply to you? As a buyer? Are you man enough to tell somebody that the price he's asking is unrealistically low? From all the stuff you posted I think I know the answer..

I think it is common sense, that WHEN someone sell something it is HIS responsibility to take HIS time and effort to REsearch what he have, what value it holds if any, and THEN to come and contact me/ make AD and price the thing he have for the price he want... You cant blame me for being "dishonest" for grabbing every single 3Dfx card for dirt cheap or other stuff, as i did spend time to learn about retro PC HW, and i can give a hand and say about real value of something to a friend, or family or someone close to me... 99% of this forum and mother earth even if you want, will think the same, or better to say if they find local AD, ebay or whatever for 5$ Voodoo 1,2,3 card or like 20-30$ Voodoo 5 they will JUST buy it, and wont go straight to tell the seller, he cna get like 600$ instead.... I bet you will do that as well... What i said was meant to WHEN me and some seller cut a deal and shake hands, they are not allowed to backpedal on the deal as they did agree on the price and i did as well.. If they do backpedal that mean they are scumbag...

I did took my time to learn about old computers, and did reasearch this forum, and all over the internet, you tube and whatever, i did my part in knowing stuff.. If some seller sells something no matter what it is for dirt cheap, and that thing costs ALOT he can blame only himself for being ignorant.. Or you want to tell me that is not the case ? Sure eveyrone have different views about life, money and whatever, but still..

They apply when i contact sellers i say i will buy something i buy it, not to backpedal if i decide later i dont need the thing, i ask also dor money back if the thing turns out to be bad or totally dead, and i do the same as seller too i give 20 days money back if the thing i sold turns to crap.. I dont know why YOU think me or anyone needs to tell the real price of something, that some seller sells for dirt cheap, after all i did NOT tell the seller to sell it for dirst cheap, he decided to put some small amount of money... Hell i even do overpay/ overtrade when i get something good for cheap.. For example when i did buy bunch of ISA cards there was AWE64 Value and SB16 with OPL3, Yamahas and others, the total cost of all cards was like 50 euros, i did overpay 20 euros extra....

What you said is like that, BUT if i did cut a deal and we both did agree on the price the seller WAS ASKING, and then he to backpedal and start acting like a c**t and wanting 2,3,4 the amount of money that is BS and he did not keep his man`s word.... In that case the seller is WRONG and VERY wrong he did:
1. not take his time to do his reasearch and was ignorant
2. cut a deal for the amount of money HE firstly wanted
3. later he found the price of that thing is way more, and cancels the deal, while the deal was CUT and we did shake hands on another price.......

If i start to advice every ignorant seller, they need to sell that Voodoo 1,2,3 card for ALOT more and give me 50% of the amount they sold it for, cuz if was not fore me, they was going to get 10 euro, instead of 100/200 .....

K7 2.6/ NF7-S/ HD3850
IBM PC365
Cmq DeskPRO 486/33
IBM PS/2 Model 56
SPS IntelleXT 8088

Reply 45154 of 52354, by NyLan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I don't know how the situation is outside of Europe, but here it's very difficult to get a "well working" IDE DVD Player in Glorious Beige. I bought lot of IDE players, writers, etc... very cheap but I'm always having issues or noises. And I can't stand putting a black one in my retro rigs.
So... when I found a new old stock of SH-D162D I decided to buy a box with 10 of them 😆

2022-06-15 13.22.31.jpg
Filename
2022-06-15 13.22.31.jpg
File size
238.67 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
2022-06-15 13.24.23.jpg
Filename
2022-06-15 13.24.23.jpg
File size
277.85 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

My Intel SE440BX-2 Intel's website Mirror : Modified to include docs, refs and BIOSes.
Proud owner of a TL866 II
Personal GitHub

Reply 45155 of 52354, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Shnur wrote on 2022-06-15, 11:08:
Hello TrashPanda! […]
Show full quote
TrashPanda wrote on 2022-06-15, 10:19:

Hello TrashPanda!

Sorry to disturb you here with non-related question, but i see you post here a lot, so wanted to get your attention. Unfortunately i can't PM yet, could you please have a look at my question in the other thread in this forum? Here it is - Re: Playing ON vs WITH retro hardware (and hardware preservation)

Thanks!

Sorry I missed your quote, Right now Quadzilla is in storage while I work on other projects but as soon as I can free up desk space I will for sure get you some details.

So bear with me, got a lot of retro gear to work through first, Wish desk space was as easy to get as my retro gear.

Reply 45156 of 52354, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
NyLan wrote on 2022-06-15, 11:42:
I don't know how the situation is outside of Europe, but here it's very difficult to get a "well working" IDE DVD Player in Glor […]
Show full quote

I don't know how the situation is outside of Europe, but here it's very difficult to get a "well working" IDE DVD Player in Glorious Beige. I bought lot of IDE players, writers, etc... very cheap but I'm always having issues or noises. And I can't stand putting a black one in my retro rigs.
So... when I found a new old stock of SH-D162D I decided to buy a box with 10 of them 😆

2022-06-15 13.22.31.jpg
2022-06-15 13.24.23.jpg

I mean if IDE dvd drives are ya thing then you seem to be sorted for a while 🤣

Reply 45157 of 52354, by Shnur

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
TrashPanda wrote on 2022-06-15, 11:47:

Sorry I missed your quote, Right now Quadzilla is in storage while I work on other projects but as soon as I can free up desk space I will for sure get you some details.

So bear with me, got a lot of retro gear to work through first, Wish desk space was as easy to get as my retro gear.

Ah, that’s so disappointing.. could you possibly give it just single launch to check BIOS revision number? Latest for Asus II Extreme was BIOS 1402, but it refused to work with 16gb of ram, i tried both 4*4 and 2*8 combinations.
If you could tell me what bios you have in your Quadzilla working with 16gb of ram - would be a huge relief, i might even help you with Xeon mod since i plan on doing it for myself also.

Thanks!

Reply 45158 of 52354, by ChrisK

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

To set some points right about my story:

Maybe not the correct idea but also didn't offer it as give away.

Not exactly. My story was: part offered and sold for a lower price than what could be expected as its market value, then again offered at a price wide above the market value by ANOTHER person, obviously without any real clue of the market value but with the intention to max out his personal profit as much as possible.

Partly right. Sure I'm pissed a bit I didn't make the deal, but as I said before I would have paid a better price if I would have had the opportunity with the intention to add this part to my collection and NOT to screw up others with a price WAY OVER the market value.
I and others here too, have paid market value (and maybe above) for things they really wanted to have for their personal joy and not for just making money.
I get your point from a third's man perspective, but there's a little difference I argue.

And you? Would you let a deal go because you think "man, I would take more if I was to sell this or that"? Or would you take it and be happy luck was on your side this time?
Wouldn't you prefer to buy your piece of pork while on sale instead of the "normal" price (which is still much too low anyways)?
Or to refuel your car in the evening when prices have come down 15ct/liter compared to what they are in the morning withouy any good reason? Pretty sure about the answer...
Don't get me wrong, it's not that you steal something from somebody. It's just following the market rules.
But when it comes to just personally enrich yourself on cost of others, things start to get an ugly aftertaste. Sure you can call it market economy, but still.
And THAT was the only point I was to tell.

Reply 45159 of 52354, by HanSolo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Radical Vision wrote on 2022-06-15, 11:39:
I think it is common sense, that WHEN someone sell something it is HIS responsibility to take HIS time and effort to REsearch wh […]
Show full quote
All your stories have one red line: - you found somebody who offered some stuff without having the slightest idea how much they […]
Show full quote
Show full quote

I think it is common sense, that WHEN someone sell something it is HIS responsibility to take HIS time and effort to REsearch what he have, what value it holds if any, and THEN to come and contact me/ make AD and price the thing he have for the price he want... You cant blame me for being "dishonest" for grabbing every single 3Dfx card for dirt cheap or other stuff, as i did spend time to learn about retro PC HW, and i can give a hand and say about real value of something to a friend, or family or someone close to me... 99% of this forum and mother earth even if you want, will think the same, or better to say if they find local AD, ebay or whatever for 5$ Voodoo 1,2,3 card or like 20-30$ Voodoo 5 they will JUST buy it, and wont go straight to tell the seller, he cna get like 600$ instead.... I bet you will do that as well... What i said was meant to WHEN me and some seller cut a deal and shake hands, they are not allowed to backpedal on the deal as they did agree on the price and i did as well.. If they do backpedal that mean they are scumbag...

I did took my time to learn about old computers, and did reasearch this forum, and all over the internet, you tube and whatever, i did my part in knowing stuff.. If some seller sells something no matter what it is for dirt cheap, and that thing costs ALOT he can blame only himself for being ignorant.. Or you want to tell me that is not the case ? Sure eveyrone have different views about life, money and whatever, but still..

They apply when i contact sellers i say i will buy something i buy it, not to backpedal if i decide later i dont need the thing, i ask also dor money back if the thing turns out to be bad or totally dead, and i do the same as seller too i give 20 days money back if the thing i sold turns to crap.. I dont know why YOU think me or anyone needs to tell the real price of something, that some seller sells for dirt cheap, after all i did NOT tell the seller to sell it for dirst cheap, he decided to put some small amount of money... Hell i even do overpay/ overtrade when i get something good for cheap.. For example when i did buy bunch of ISA cards there was AWE64 Value and SB16 with OPL3, Yamahas and others, the total cost of all cards was like 50 euros, i did overpay 20 euros extra....

What you said is like that, BUT if i did cut a deal and we both did agree on the price the seller WAS ASKING, and then he to backpedal and start acting like a c**t and wanting 2,3,4 the amount of money that is BS and he did not keep his man`s word.... In that case the seller is WRONG and VERY wrong he did:
1. not take his time to do his reasearch and was ignorant
2. cut a deal for the amount of money HE firstly wanted
3. later he found the price of that thing is way more, and cancels the deal, while the deal was CUT and we did shake hands on another price.......

If i start to advice every ignorant seller, they need to sell that Voodoo 1,2,3 card for ALOT more and give me 50% of the amount they sold it for, cuz if was not fore me, they was going to get 10 euro, instead of 100/200 .....

Whatever. I already learnt from your posts that you completely lack any form of empathy, have a very egocentric view of 'honesty' and that everybody who gets in your way of making a bargain is a piece of shit, retarded or should be tortured with acid (your words).
But I'm not here to educate you so I'm done with this topic
Cheers

Edit: next post

Last edited by HanSolo on 2022-06-15, 14:31. Edited 1 time in total.