VOGONS

Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 45800 of 52700, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Aside from the cards above I also saw a few other cheap bits I want for my retro builds.

s-l1600 (6).jpg
Filename
s-l1600 (6).jpg
File size
215.41 KiB
Views
File comment
3.5 Multifunction
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Cheap beige and just the thing for writing files to my CF cards .. did I mention its beige ...perfection 😁

s-l1600 (5).jpg
Filename
s-l1600 (5).jpg
File size
448.64 KiB
Views
File comment
Lot of ECC PC133
File license

8 x 512Mb PC133 ECC memory sticks, got just the board to throw these into since it can handle 1.5gb of ram, I'm sure I have a few other boxes that will accept these too. (I doubt them being Compaq sticks will prevent them being used elsewhere)

s-l1600 (3).jpg
Filename
s-l1600 (3).jpg
File size
392.04 KiB
Views
File comment
Promise Supertrak
File license

I have wanted one of these for a while after seeing another user here get one, finally found a complete package for the right price, now I just have to find enough HDDs to throw at it .. or CF cards .. hmmm

Reply 45801 of 52700, by RandomStranger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
TrashPanda wrote on 2022-08-04, 11:10:
s-l1600 (4).jpg […]
Show full quote

s-l1600 (4).jpg

Then this big lot of cards popped up from a seller I have bought from in the past, appear to be a few multiples in there, the Trident and SiS cards will uhh likely go back to e-waste but the others should prove to be a few hours of fun testing and finding out what the heck they are, the PNY PCI card and the red one above it look interesting.

The Quadro2 MXR is not a bad little card either being a faster MX400.

I didnt pay much for this lot so the multiples dont bother me, heck might keep one of each for the spares bin.

I've been looking for one of those SiS cards for a while but rarely pop up locally and it doesn't worth international shipping. Especially since EU updated its shipping from outside of EU policy. And those AGP Tridents look interesting to me too. Looks like a 3Dimage9850. I have the 9750 and it would be interesting to compare.

sreq.png retrogamer-s.png

Reply 45802 of 52700, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
RandomStranger wrote on 2022-08-04, 12:49:
TrashPanda wrote on 2022-08-04, 11:10:
s-l1600 (4).jpg […]
Show full quote

s-l1600 (4).jpg

Then this big lot of cards popped up from a seller I have bought from in the past, appear to be a few multiples in there, the Trident and SiS cards will uhh likely go back to e-waste but the others should prove to be a few hours of fun testing and finding out what the heck they are, the PNY PCI card and the red one above it look interesting.

The Quadro2 MXR is not a bad little card either being a faster MX400.

I didnt pay much for this lot so the multiples dont bother me, heck might keep one of each for the spares bin.

I've been looking for one of those SiS cards for a while but rarely pop up locally and it doesn't worth international shipping. Especially since EU updated its shipping from outside of EU policy. And those AGP Tridents look interesting to me too. Looks like a 3Dimage9850. I have the 9750 and it would be interesting to compare.

I know at least one of them is a Trident 9750, the others I wont know till they arrive.

As to shipping .. its expensive to ship anywhere right now.

Reply 45803 of 52700, by HanJammer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yet another CT2290 (I really need to get rid of some of them) with DB50XG which is quite cool. Havn't tested them yet.

Attachments

New items (October/November 2022) -> My Items for Sale
I8v8PGb.jpg

Reply 45804 of 52700, by NyLan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
H3nrik V! wrote on 2022-08-04, 03:42:
NyLan wrote on 2022-08-03, 22:58:
Haha almost :laughing: Starting to have a nice collection. Just trying to avoid PII, they take to much space to stock :cry: Scre […]
Show full quote
BitWrangler wrote on 2022-08-03, 20:30:

Good score, though you know they were effectively paying you $200 to take the cell 633 right? It woulda been $210 without 🤣

Haha almost 😆
Starting to have a nice collection. Just trying to avoid PII, they take to much space to stock 😢
Screenshot 2022-08-04 005729.png

What's the "hack" on the last Tualatin in your list meaning? Yeah Slot-1s are space hungry, but beautiful pieces of history ...

It's a modified Tualatin to work on Coppermine motherboards. ( bought on ebay from the south korean guy )

My Intel SE440BX-2 Intel's website Mirror : Modified to include docs, refs and BIOSes.
Proud owner of a TL866 II
Personal GitHub

Reply 45805 of 52700, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
HanJammer wrote on 2022-08-04, 13:34:

Yet another CT2290 (I really need to get rid of some of them) with DB50XG which is quite cool. Havn't tested them yet.

Nica catch. Also have a 2290, nice card; but can't seem to find a 2230 for my collection 🙁

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 45806 of 52700, by Big Pink

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Completely forgot about this from last week. From i740 to HD4670, my AGP collection is totally incomplete but it is bookended.

Attachments

• WP_20220727_005a.jpg
    Filename
    WP_20220727_005a.jpg
    File size
    198.39 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    HDMI output! It's futureproof!
    File license
    Public domain

I thought IBM was born with the world

Reply 45807 of 52700, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I paid for a Dell U2412MB monitor. Not really that retro, just some 9 to 10 years old model or something. Else I needed a kind of nostalgia gift for my childrens half sister that will turn 18 later this year. The backstory is that we had a talk about nostalgia and gaming, and she mentioned that she remembers playing some disney games on one of those V-Smile learning computers many years ago. And that she remembers one game as a game that started her love for computer and console games. Of course I will buy her a bottle of single malt whiskey. Most likely 10 year old Talisker or something like that. Basically I will give her something for adults, and then this fun-gift that are a reminder of her childhood. Perfect combo for the day one becomes an adult.

It was a rather good price that I got on that V-Smile. 11,5 Euro including two controllers and 10 games. Some of the games came in multiple cartridges. Like that Vinnie the pooh were in three copies and a couple of the others were in two copies. But most were only in one copy. Finally it was shipped will a wall plug/transformer, so it does not need batteries. 11,5 Euro plus shipping is not a bad price.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 45808 of 52700, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

10 year old single malt for her first adult drink? What a great parent you are, wish mine were that thoughtful 😀

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 45809 of 52700, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
debs3759 wrote on 2022-08-04, 20:09:

10 year old single malt for her first adult drink? What a great parent you are, wish mine were that thoughtful 😀

Nahhh.... She know how to drink resposible. Things are not the same around the world, regarding alcohol. As far as I know, she has never ever drunk herself from her senses, because she have learned to respect alcohol at home. Though I am not her father, but as her father refused to speak with her some 5 years ago, then someone is going to give her these kind of gifts. But she has like 5 different father figures that would die for her at any point in time, then she is not missing out. Just a shame that her biological father is a pee-pee or a knob as they say in England, and her mother had to take charge, and tell her that she has a half-big-brother that are 3 months older than her. Because the knobhead is such a big coward, that he would not tell her. He is one of them idiots, that walk around telling everyone that he is ohhhhh-so-proud of his children, yet he has never ever wanted anything to do with his son and he cut off his own daughter when she was just a young teenager. Personally I have nothing left for him. He even refused to let her talk with her grand mother, because of some shit, when the grand mother was on her last breath and that was her last wish. Everyone thinks he is not worth their time.

But yes. She is no stranger to alcohol, drinks responsible and she never drinks more than she can be the adult in the room and make sure all of her friends also drinks responsible. Some times I think she is in her mid-20's. Yup. She will make it big in life.

Reply 45810 of 52700, by DerBaum

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

A 386 Singleboard computer and a CD-ROM BigBox version of Sim City arrived in my collection.

2022-08-04 22.52.54.jpg
Filename
2022-08-04 22.52.54.jpg
File size
1.94 MiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

This industrial stuff is always so exciting.

2022-08-04 22.53.08.jpg
Filename
2022-08-04 22.53.08.jpg
File size
1.32 MiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

FCKGW-RHQQ2

Reply 45811 of 52700, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
brostenen wrote on 2022-08-04, 20:34:

Nahhh.... She know how to drink resposible. Things are not the same around the world, regarding alcohol. As far as I know, she has never ever drunk herself from her senses, because she have learned to respect alcohol at home. Though I am not her father, but as her father refused to speak with her some 5 years ago, then someone is going to give her these kind of gifts. But she has like 5 different father figures that would die for her at any point in time, then she is not missing out. Just a shame that her biological father is a pee-pee or a knob as they say in England, and her mother had to take charge, and tell her that she has a half-big-brother that are 3 months older than her. Because the knobhead is such a big coward, that he would not tell her. He is one of them idiots, that walk around telling everyone that he is ohhhhh-so-proud of his children, yet he has never ever wanted anything to do with his son and he cut off his own daughter when she was just a young teenager. Personally I have nothing left for him. He even refused to let her talk with her grand mother, because of some shit, when the grand mother was on her last breath and that was her last wish. Everyone thinks he is not worth their time.

But yes. She is no stranger to alcohol, drinks responsible and she never drinks more than she can be the adult in the room and make sure all of her friends also drinks responsible. Some times I think she is in her mid-20's. Yup. She will make it big in life.

🤣, I think you misread what I said. It was a compliment, to buy her something that nice, and not a cheap drink 😀

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 45812 of 52700, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
debs3759 wrote on 2022-08-04, 21:36:
brostenen wrote on 2022-08-04, 20:34:

🤣, I think you misread what I said. It was a compliment, to buy her something that nice, and not a cheap drink 😀

Ahhh.... I see. 😀
Personally I am more interrested in the Dell monitor that I bought. If it is the correct model, then it is also 15khz compatible.
And that spell Amiga time..... Hell Yeah.

Reply 45813 of 52700, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Big Pink wrote on 2022-08-04, 18:28:

Completely forgot about this from last week. From i740 to HD4670, my AGP collection is totally incomplete but it is bookended.

I have a HD4670 PCIe which is a great little card, I'd love the AGP version, though it's probably overkill for the max CPU I could put behind it. I guess I tend to forget that the i740 was the first AGP card, Intel like "look, new graphics slot, put this in and it makes graphics, it's not really much faster but the marketing guys are having us call it the Accelerated Graphics Port, so whatever." 😉

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 45814 of 52700, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
DerBaum wrote on 2022-08-04, 21:07:

A 386 Singleboard computer and a CD-ROM BigBox version of Sim City arrived in my collection.

very nice, lucky that varta didn't go off yet 😁

Reply 45815 of 52700, by DerBaum

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
imi wrote on 2022-08-05, 00:59:

The seller told me it was a spare part and never got used.
Or they used better quality batteries because its an industrial board? But i cant imagine a better Varta 😁

FCKGW-RHQQ2

Reply 45816 of 52700, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
DerBaum wrote on 2022-08-05, 07:23:

Or they used better quality batteries because its an industrial board? But i cant imagine a better Varta 😁

Seller is a liar, those worn edge connecters have been inserted into more slots than my dick.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 45817 of 52700, by DerBaum

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
appiah4 wrote on 2022-08-05, 07:27:

Seller is a liar...

Im pretty sure industrial boards get tested at least once. And i plugged it into a backplane too.
Probably the picture let it look like it got used... They really dont look that worn out in person.
I dont know why the seller should lie for a 30 Euro part... If it was worth real money i could unsterstand it...

FCKGW-RHQQ2

Reply 45818 of 52700, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
appiah4 wrote on 2022-08-05, 07:27:
DerBaum wrote on 2022-08-05, 07:23:

Seller is a liar, those worn edge connecters have been inserted into more slots than my dick.

Pretty sure its the lighting making the connectors look that way, the rest of the card doesnt show much wear or tear at all, its got very light dust which suggests it was stored or was in a very clean environment for most of its life. The fact that none of the stickers even look like they were subjected to heat or light or show any discoloration also leans highly towards this being tested and then stored back in its box. Depending on the composition of the edge connectors the coloration could also be due to patina from age, copper does tend to discolor as it ages.

Looks like a typical spare part to me and one thats in a good condition, nix that Varta and throw a coin cell on it and it'll be good to go for many years yet.

Not a bad catch for 30 Euro honestly.

Reply 45819 of 52700, by HanJammer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DerBaum wrote on 2022-08-05, 07:40:

Im pretty sure industrial boards get tested at least once. And i plugged it into a backplane too.
Probably the picture let it look like it got used... They really dont look that worn out in person.
I dont know why the seller should lie for a 30 Euro part... If it was worth real money i could unsterstand it...

I wouldn't be so sure it's industrial board. Many home/office PCs used simple backplane with CPU/RAM/controllers and so on in form of a card.

New items (October/November 2022) -> My Items for Sale
I8v8PGb.jpg