VOGONS

Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 761 of 52868, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ thanks ... I was curious about the "3d" part on it's name and how bad/primitive (?) it was....

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 762 of 52868, by vlask

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
keropi wrote:

^ thanks ... I was curious about the "3d" part on it's name and how bad/primitive (?) it was....

It is very bad. And drivers are disaster. But card run at last whole Final reality - some scenes you wont recognize. Havent done game tests yet.

Must show you also newest addition to Palcals collection (he dont speak/write english well, so he wont post here) - think its quite unique, too bad i dont have one too 🙁

682_datapath_dgc16a_amd_am95c60_top_hq.jpg

Last edited by vlask on 2011-12-31, 00:20. Edited 2 times in total.

Not only mine graphics cards collection at http://www.vgamuseum.info

Reply 763 of 52868, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

thanks for the info vlask!

Palcals's new card looks like it was used in some video production/show work... assuming the 4 golden connectors are video-out ones... reminds me of the amiga genlock stuff... with the zipram/gals galore and all 🤣

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 765 of 52868, by vlask

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Got christmas this year little earlier 😀

intense3dpro2200fb.jpg

Last edited by vlask on 2011-12-31, 00:21. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 766 of 52868, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It's interesting to see that bit of history there. We use a lot of Intergraph software at work, and once upon a time (decades ago, well before I started here), we used to run their InterPro CLIPPER machines with their CLIX (CLipper unIX) operating system for CAD work.

I think they sold their graphics card division to 3DLabs in 2000 or so.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 768 of 52868, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Nice!
I was thinking about getting one as lets face it a Sc55 is a bit overkill if its just for games, plus it would match the style of my MU-10 (simple beige box)
But I was weak & sucked in by the pretty display of a sc55

Reply 769 of 52868, by vlask

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
SquallStrife wrote:

It's interesting to see that bit of history there. We use a lot of Intergraph software at work, and once upon a time (decades ago, well before I started here), we used to run their InterPro CLIPPER machines with their CLIX (CLipper unIX) operating system for CAD work.

I think they sold their graphics card division to 3DLabs in 2000 or so.

Dont you have at basement of your work or anywhere else any information about these profi systems? (manuals, specs, magazines....). Its impossible to find anything at all about these profi cards anywhere except viewperf results - that usually only one thing that google find. There must existed some magazine about this profi hardware or not?

Im from east european country and these systems were not available here as well any info about them.

Im interested in any magazine or web doing tests or bringing news about these profi systems.

BTw - i know about intergraph/3dlabs support site - there are mostly only install guides and drivers, nothing more.

Reply 770 of 52868, by GL1zdA

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vlask wrote:

Must show you also newest addition to Palcals collection (he dont speak/write english well, so he wont post here) - think its quite unique, too bad i dont have one too 🙁

Did he test it? Am95c60 cards are quite rare, unlike the competing TIGA designs. It seems Datapath still offers drivers for this card:
http://www.datapath.co.uk/support/driver-down … cs-card-drivers

getquake.gif | InfoWorld/PC Magazine Indices

Reply 771 of 52868, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Bought a motherboard the other day, a slot 1 440FX board without AGP and only 4 SIMM slots filled up with 4*32MB memory modules. No idea if it works though but even if it doesn't, it's still an interesting board to have.
It predates the LX chipset

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 773 of 52868, by vlask

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
GL1zdA wrote:
vlask wrote:

Did he test it? Am95c60 cards are quite rare, unlike the competing TIGA designs. It seems Datapath still offers drivers for this card:
http://www.datapath.co.uk/support/driver-down … cs-card-drivers

No he's not testing his cards, he only collecting them. He have family, kids, work, many not photographed new cards and not much free time. Hes not interested in testing like me (im doing tests in my job anyway, when i have free time).

Reply 774 of 52868, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
retro games 100 wrote:
I just got a PAS16 card. Are they any good? I can't test it at the moment, because I haven't got any spare time. […]
Show full quote

I just got a PAS16 card. Are they any good? I can't test it at the moment, because I haven't got any spare time.

pas16.jpg

I just found the time to test this card. It's strange, but when I switch on power to the 486, there is a lot of hiss coming out of the right headphone channel. I tried a few things, such as running the mixer program PAS.exe RESET at the C:\ DOS prompt, and also running Doom's setup.exe, to set the music and SFX to Pro AudioSpectrum. That seemed to quieten down the intense hissing sound in the right headphone channel. But I still notice that the hiss sound is quite loud in both channels any way. I was expecting a much quieter listening experience with this card.

The card mentioned above had the code 650-0022 01D (c) 1992 written on its PCB. I removed this "hissing" PAS16, and replaced it with another PAS16. This more up-to-date replacement card has the code 650-0044-56G (c) 1993 written on it. This card also makes about the same amount of hiss as the first card! However, there is no initial loud blast of hiss from the right channel, when I switch on power.

Reply 776 of 52868, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

My PAS16 also has this hiss. It's constant and always present. But the card is very good in regards to not hearing any "computer thinking" noises.

I did mute all the mixer inputs and things like that, but it had no effect on the hiss.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 777 of 52868, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've discovered something interesting. Mau1wurf1977, you may have discovered this first, so sorry if I'm repeating myself here.

I tried swapping out the PSU. Like its predecessor, the replacement PSU has a -5V rail. However, its PSU power cable connector is 24-pin. I decided to attach it to the AT-to-ATX PSU adapter anyway. This means that certain coloured wires from the PSU did not "connect through" to the mainboard. One wire which was left "isolated and disconnected" was the -5V rail (white) wire.

When I tested the PAS16 card, it behaved oddly. The sound was extremely distorted, and the interesting thing is that during the hardware set up testing, the sound tests sounded "speeded up". Mau1wurf1977, do you remember we both had that problem. I wonder if the PAS16 requires the -5V rail on a PSU?

I removed the replacement PSU, and reinstalled the original PSU. I also tried a new mainboard. This one allowed me to put the PAS16 on the very far ISA slot, with no other cards near it. Unfortunately, this did not remove the continuous hiss sound, that Mau1wurf1977 also reports.

Reply 778 of 52868, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

More of being reunited than purchased, but I guess we all like to see old hardware 😀

Visiting my folks at the moment and I have kept a few things in their attic.

The MT-32 and MPU401AT I purchased in the UK in around 2001. I can't remember the price, but it was heaps less compared to what you need to pay now.

Anyway these goodies are coming back to Australia 😀

6559899495_61c5e719e4_b.jpg

6559893815_4d7218d554_b.jpg

Reply 779 of 52868, by memsys

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

P1070691.jpg

I finally got my hands on an undamaged voodoo 3 3000 .
The guy i got it from only wanted 7€ for it including shipping! the way it was shipped to me was ... well plain stupid ! The card was wrapped in a few napkins and stuck in an envelope kind of stupid .
luckily the card still works 😁