Think you know your games music? Show us: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37532

Reply 1421 of 52813, by TheMAN

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Filosofia wrote:
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

But now they are pushing for 4k resolution soon and its so detailed that the human eye can't see all the detail unless you sit very close to the TV.

Subliminal messages to buy toothpaste while you're watching Inception

🤣

I thought those messages were for buying donuts 🤣

Reply 1422 of 52813, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

@schlang

HOLY SCHNIKES! look at the size of those caps on the audio amp section! Also, its a SCSI card? Thats one pimp card!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 1424 of 52813, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
TheMAN wrote:
ok, so you took an argument about "no difference in quality" to market demand and pricing... is that the best stupid shit that c […]
Show full quote
sliderider wrote:
WolverineDK wrote:

sliderider: stop being a prick. Even with my more or less fucked eyesight (depending on my blood sugar). Then I can see a difference between HD and SD. Hell I am an amateur photographer, and I can see quite a difference between good resolution picture, that I have taken and a crappy one, a professional photographer has taken. And his resolution is probably also HD, like my camera makes. But he is a daft idiot. Who can't photograph worth a shit. Where I on the other hand take pictures, because I love taking pictures, and I know how to hold my camera steady, and so forth. Hell even when I had my HD screen, I could definitely see a bloody difference between SD and HD on my pc. And not just that, I always kicked up the resolution to 1920 × 1080, which is the same as 1080P in 60hz, which was fucking fine for me. So I could see a difference.

If BluRay is so fucking great like you all say, then why hasn't it pushed DVD out yet? It's been on the market how long? 6 years? It took DVD less time than that to push VHS off the market and for VHS to do the same to Betamax. When HD-DVD flopped, there was supposed to be this huge rush of people wanting to buy BluRay players and it never materialized. Apparently, the market disagrees with all of you because people are continuing to buy DVD and DVD players while BluRay players and movies gather dust on store shelves. BluRay discs can't even command higher prices over DVD's anymore because people aren't willing to pay more for them anymore like they did when they first came out. Everyone reluctantly upgraded to DVD from VHS because the difference was huge and the technologies were incompatible, not so much with DVD and BluRay. Nobody who has hundreds of DVD's is going to throw them all away and start over with BluRay when they don't have to.

And as for downloading being too slow, that's why you start your download in the morning before you leave so it'll be ready for you to view when you get home in the evening. Duh!

ok, so you took an argument about "no difference in quality" to market demand and pricing... is that the best stupid shit that came out of your ass?

market demand/pricing has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PICTURE QUALITY ARGUMENT

most people don't buy blurays because either A) they don't care about it looking better, B) don't want to pay the outrageous prices for them and just rent instead

I fit in category B, because there's many movies that I just want to watch once and that's it.... there's a handful of bluray movies that I collected, only because they're worth rewatching, and I got them cheap!

you're insinuating that low market demand is due to the fact that bluray movies don't look much better than DVDs, when you are just plain fucking wrong

start download in the morning and have it in the evening? are you daft? most people are too groggy in the morning to care to sit at a computer to dick with stupid shit like this... did you not read what I said about ISP download quotas? Lots of people have maxed out their quotas on their cheap shitty internet service already... you are SO out of touch with this world

you lost the argument, stop being a sore loser by changing the subject

and you are a dumbass
stfu and go away

What quotas? I don't know of a single ISP in my area that doesn't give you unlimited bandwith. Just because your ISP sucks ass and caps you isn't my problem. Pony up and pay the extra for more gigabytes instead of being a cheapass if your ISP charges you more for additional bandwith or download your movies in a lower resolution so you don't reach your cap as quickly. You're the dumbass if you can't see the simple solution right in front of your face. I guarantee you that BluRay will die out as a distribution medium for films before standard DVD does. And back on the subject of image quality, the reason why BluRay isn't pushing DVD out of the marketplace is because for the vast majority of people the image quality of upscaled DVD is good enough. Just because a few nitpicky freaks like you think BluRay is better, doesn't make it so for everyone.

Reply 1425 of 52813, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
sliderider wrote:

What quotas? I don't know of a single ISP in my area that doesn't give you unlimited bandwith.

We don't all live in your area. Thank god.

sliderider wrote:

Just because your ISP sucks ass and caps you isn't my problem. Pony up and pay the extra for more gigabytes instead of being a cheapass if your ISP charges you more for additional bandwith or download your movies in a lower resolution so you don't reach your cap as quickly. You're the dumbass if you can't see the simple solution right in front of your face. I guarantee you that BluRay will die out as a distribution medium for films before standard DVD does. And back on the subject of image quality, the reason why BluRay isn't pushing DVD out of the marketplace is because for the vast majority of people the image quality of upscaled DVD is good enough. Just because a few nitpicky freaks like you think BluRay is better, doesn't make it so for everyone.

That's nice. I think I hear some children on your lawn.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 1426 of 52813, by Filosofia

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
TheMAN wrote:
Filosofia wrote:
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

But now they are pushing for 4k resolution soon and its so detailed that the human eye can't see all the detail unless you sit very close to the TV.

Subliminal messages to buy toothpaste while you're watching Inception

🤣

I thought those messages were for buying donuts 🤣

Both really, although the Dentists lobby is trying to change that situation, by keeping only the donuts one.

BGWG as in Boogie Woogie.

Reply 1427 of 52813, by sirlemonhead

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Got myself two YM719 soundcards thanks to recommendations from this forum 😀 Had been struggling two get two PCI soundcards working reliably on an old Pentium 75mhz pc so these soundcards are a godsend. Just waiting on a Roland SC-55 to go with it 😀

Reply 1428 of 52813, by TheMAN

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
sliderider wrote:
TheMAN wrote:
ok, so you took an argument about "no difference in quality" to market demand and pricing... is that the best stupid shit that c […]
Show full quote
sliderider wrote:

If BluRay is so fucking great like you all say, then why hasn't it pushed DVD out yet? It's been on the market how long? 6 years? It took DVD less time than that to push VHS off the market and for VHS to do the same to Betamax. When HD-DVD flopped, there was supposed to be this huge rush of people wanting to buy BluRay players and it never materialized. Apparently, the market disagrees with all of you because people are continuing to buy DVD and DVD players while BluRay players and movies gather dust on store shelves. BluRay discs can't even command higher prices over DVD's anymore because people aren't willing to pay more for them anymore like they did when they first came out. Everyone reluctantly upgraded to DVD from VHS because the difference was huge and the technologies were incompatible, not so much with DVD and BluRay. Nobody who has hundreds of DVD's is going to throw them all away and start over with BluRay when they don't have to.

And as for downloading being too slow, that's why you start your download in the morning before you leave so it'll be ready for you to view when you get home in the evening. Duh!

ok, so you took an argument about "no difference in quality" to market demand and pricing... is that the best stupid shit that came out of your ass?

market demand/pricing has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PICTURE QUALITY ARGUMENT

most people don't buy blurays because either A) they don't care about it looking better, B) don't want to pay the outrageous prices for them and just rent instead

I fit in category B, because there's many movies that I just want to watch once and that's it.... there's a handful of bluray movies that I collected, only because they're worth rewatching, and I got them cheap!

you're insinuating that low market demand is due to the fact that bluray movies don't look much better than DVDs, when you are just plain fucking wrong

start download in the morning and have it in the evening? are you daft? most people are too groggy in the morning to care to sit at a computer to dick with stupid shit like this... did you not read what I said about ISP download quotas? Lots of people have maxed out their quotas on their cheap shitty internet service already... you are SO out of touch with this world

you lost the argument, stop being a sore loser by changing the subject

and you are a dumbass
stfu and go away

What quotas? I don't know of a single ISP in my area that doesn't give you unlimited bandwith. Just because your ISP sucks ass and caps you isn't my problem. Pony up and pay the extra for more gigabytes instead of being a cheapass if your ISP charges you more for additional bandwith or download your movies in a lower resolution so you don't reach your cap as quickly. You're the dumbass if you can't see the simple solution right in front of your face. I guarantee you that BluRay will die out as a distribution medium for films before standard DVD does. And back on the subject of image quality, the reason why BluRay isn't pushing DVD out of the marketplace is because for the vast majority of people the image quality of upscaled DVD is good enough. Just because a few nitpicky freaks like you think BluRay is better, doesn't make it so for everyone.

AT&T has download caps, so does comcast, rogers, bell canada, etc. Cross the limits and there are overage charges.
You are ASSuming I have those services, I don't. You are ASSuming I have shitty internet, I don't. You are an inconsiderate asshole for ASSuming everyone can and able to afford better internet.

There's very few Blurays released in the past 2 years that doesn't look much better than DVDs, so your argument has no merit. Your logic is flawed thinking that nobody buys Blurays because they don't look better. People don't buy Blurays because they're expensive, just like how nobody bought Laserdiscs, only that Blurays are doing better than Laserdisc ever did. By your logic, Laserdisc looked the same as VHS, when it is not. Calling me nitpicky because I can see obvious differences between the formats is asinine. Being nitpicky and able to see obvious differences are completely different things! You are stupid because mixing different things together!

I'm done wasting my time on your stupid ass, and so is everyone else. Just as we thought we all could have some peace, your dumbass shows up with another lame comeback attempt. Yeah, we all liked that. 😒

Reply 1429 of 52813, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Stop jabbering about different formats and ISP service in this thread. >.<
Who gives a rat's ass about the difference between dvd and blue ray in a "I bought this retro hardware today" thread. Q_Q
Maybe a mod will mop things up. 😀

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 1430 of 52813, by dirkmirk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Pony up and pay the extra for more gigabytes instead of being a cheapass if your ISP charges you more for additional bandwith or download your movies in a lower resolution so you don't reach your cap as quickly.

It totally defeats the purpose of having a nice big TV if your going to corrupt it with sh!tty (unknown) quality video rips, the money I save on my connection(30gb is plenty) I can use to rent Blu Rays for $1 weekly or $3.50 new release, a few days ago I got the latest pirates of the Caribean 3D, Planets of the apes for $2, I dont know about you the last thing I or my wife wants me to do is F##k around with a pc hooked up the telly wasting time because the aspect ratio is not right, audio not right, out of sync, dodgy quality, the Blu Ray I put in the F##ker press play and I KNOW its going to be brilliant.

I've been given downloads of latest release movies from friends or family but I refuse to watch them, call me a snob but I bought my TV to have the best experience I can when watching movies, its not worth the perceived cost saving to just download them(extra ISP cost, electricity, hard disk becuase you hoard that sh!t "in case").

You do pay a premium over DVD when you buy a copy but its worth it, why? Because how many movies are seriously worth owning? when Blu Ray first came out the difference in price was at least double that of DVD but prices have settled, I put a ban of purchasing DVDs 6 years ago because it was obviously an obsolete format, perhaps if we have TVs the size of walls or good cheap 4k projectors I'll think the same about BLU RAY, dvd has it place but not for people who want the best experience out of their movie experience (IMO).

Reply 1431 of 52813, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
dirkmirk wrote:
It totally defeats the purpose of having a nice big TV if your going to corrupt it with sh!tty (unknown) quality video rips, the […]
Show full quote

Pony up and pay the extra for more gigabytes instead of being a cheapass if your ISP charges you more for additional bandwith or download your movies in a lower resolution so you don't reach your cap as quickly.

It totally defeats the purpose of having a nice big TV if your going to corrupt it with sh!tty (unknown) quality video rips, the money I save on my connection(30gb is plenty) I can use to rent Blu Rays for $1 weekly or $3.50 new release, a few days ago I got the latest pirates of the Caribean 3D, Planets of the apes for $2, I dont know about you the last thing I or my wife wants me to do is F##k around with a pc hooked up the telly wasting time because the aspect ratio is not right, audio not right, out of sync, dodgy quality, the Blu Ray I put in the F##ker press play and I KNOW its going to be brilliant.

I've been given downloads of latest release movies from friends or family but I refuse to watch them, call me a snob but I bought my TV to have the best experience I can when watching movies, its not worth the perceived cost saving to just download them(extra ISP cost, electricity, hard disk becuase you hoard that sh!t "in case").

You do pay a premium over DVD when you buy a copy but its worth it, why? Because how many movies are seriously worth owning? when Blu Ray first came out the difference in price was at least double that of DVD but prices have settled, I put a ban of purchasing DVDs 6 years ago because it was obviously an obsolete format, perhaps if we have TVs the size of walls or good cheap 4k projectors I'll think the same about BLU RAY, dvd has it place but not for people who want the best experience out of their movie experience (IMO).

Who's talking about downloading illegal rips? You can download standard DVD resolution content legally from iTunes.

I also don't see the point of these new 4K resolution TV's Sony is bringing out. Broadcasters can't even send a 1080p signal over the air or through cable television lines yet because it consumes too much bandwith, there is no freaking way they will be able to broadcast a 4K signal any time soon. So you'll be getting maybe a 1080i or 720p signal at best and your $50,000 85" screen 4K resolution TV will be upscaling it to the sets native resolution anyway. If you don't like watching standard DVD's upscaled to 1080p, you'll really HATE watching a 1080i or 720p signal upscaled to 4K.

Also, how is 4K content going to be distributed? If it can't be broadcast over the air or sent through cable television lines because of bandwith constraints, then you can forget about downloading and streaming, too. Does BluRay have the capacity? Maybe. But then some early BluRay players already have issues playing 3D content. If you think every BluRay player that people currently own are going to be able to play 4K resolution BluRay discs, you are a lot more optimistic than I am. And if a 4K movie doesn't fit on a BluRay disc, do you really think the film studios are going to be conned by Sony into supporting ANOTHER media format when they're still licking their wounds from BluRay's failure to dominate like they were promised it would? Sony is playing all you videophile guys for suckers making you buy new televisions, new media players, and new films that you already own on DVD and banking a lot of your money in the process.

Last edited by sliderider on 2012-08-31, 11:15. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1435 of 52813, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have got myself a `new` AT case:

http://verkopen.marktplaats.nl/photopopup/589651680/2

Iam trying to find better looking ones.. (i know thats hard)

And got myself a new Creative SB 2.0 CT-1350B REV 4 card!

And bought me this nice looking AT case on ebay.

1620f1e.jpg

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 1436 of 52813, by Filosofia

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
DonutKing wrote:

wow... you got some nerve, posting that in the bluray vs DVD & ISP discussion thread

🤣

BGWG as in Boogie Woogie.

Reply 1437 of 52813, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
DonutKing wrote:

wow... you got some nerve, posting that in the bluray vs DVD & ISP discussion thread

I see what you did thar.

😜

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 1439 of 52813, by fantasma

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
DonutKing wrote:

I know, I was trying to get myself banned 😜