Topic actions

Reply 2401 of 52836, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
vetz wrote:

Haha! I was watching that auction Artex.. I won't reveal the link 😉

For other 'interested parties' that may have watched. I did NOT pay full price. 😵

My Retro B:\ytes YouTube Channel & Retro Collection
LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 2402 of 52836, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It's a nice card and on my WTB list.

I was watching it hoping the seller might adjust the price or something since it was a bit too much for me, but you snatched it. I'll grab the next one hehe 😀

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 2403 of 52836, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
vetz wrote:

It's a nice card and on my WTB list.

I was watching it hoping the seller might adjust the price or something since it was a bit too much for me, but you snatched it. I'll grab the next one hehe 😀

To be honest, I was surprised when my offer was accepted given how low it was.

LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 2405 of 52836, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

DSCF2084x_zpsc226bedc.jpg

It's an EpoX EP-8RDA3IPro with an Athlon XP-M 2600+ and 3 sticks of OCZ DDR 433MHz (PC-3500) RAM. Arrived today with manual and driver CD-ROM. For the price I got it ( 13 pounds!!!) it was quite a steal. Can't wait to build it 😀.

Reply 2406 of 52836, by bjt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Scored a couple of free bits today. These were rescued enroute to the bin 😵

AWE32 CT2760 (Real OPL, ASP/CSP chip). Looking forward to trying some games with reverb & chorus.
87y7.th.jpg

Epox SS7 board with AMD K6/2-500. This may give me some motivation to refurb a fanless Voodoo 5 I've had for a while.
o0j4.th.jpg

Reply 2407 of 52836, by dirkmirk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

466_zpsc9c1395c.jpg

I was at another dump today getting rid of some household waste when I saw this in the computer/TV scrapheap, again covertly I used my ute as a blocking device whilst I threw it in the front passenger seat.

I figured it was probably an early pentium or 486 as its got ps2 ports on the back, now to the good parts

AMD 486DX2-66 write back
SIS 471 chipset
12meg ram?? Think its 4meg integrated with 2x4meg
integreated S3 trio32 1meg, not expandable from what I can tell
coin battery

Thats the most interesting stuff, and it works!!! I've got errors with the floppy and hard disk detection but hopefully its nothing I cant fix with swapping out tweaking some settings/plugs.

I reckon this ones a real gem, slimline and it should make a nice AM5x86-133 system and i'll add another 32meg of ram, feeling pretty chuffed getting some more good free stuff.

Reply 2409 of 52836, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I had one of those digital venturis 466 boxes a while ago, they're good little pcs. I fixed it up, loaded it with games and have to my little brother for Christmas 😀

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 2410 of 52836, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There must be heaps of those Venturis boxes floating around.

I found one in the dumpster in work's basement with a Pentium 133 in it.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 2411 of 52836, by dirkmirk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

MotherF££ken piece of sh£t onboard graphics is Farrrrkeedd!!!!

This is part of the reason why I never liked integrated graphics, in this case it was probably an integrated VLB video bus but now that the graphics shat itself my only options are ISA cards......

Its bad, real bad, Testing with an 5x86-133 im getting 40fps in 3dbench and 5.0fps in svga pcpbench using a cirrus logic 5434, using a cyrix 5x86-100 is much the same as is testing an ET4000 card.

Basically the screen is going blue with stripes, trying to edit a text file the screen drops off the planet as does trying to run any benchmarking programme.

IS their any way to redeeem the machine? Does running ISA vs VLB really hold back the actual gaming experience? Why? WHWHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Reply 2412 of 52836, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Presenting, my hoard... the "Boxed" edition.. 😲 😲

I cleaned out the closet tonight and posed all of my boxed & New Old Stock items for a nerd photo shoot extravaganza. Enjoy!

mooe.jpg
bfr4.jpg
4z0x.jpg
k8gb.jpg
2grf.jpg
0s2r.jpg

LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 2414 of 52836, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
sliderider wrote:

You didn't really want that Diamond Edge 3D, right?

I have a couple of 'em - that ones boxed though so it has a special place in my heart I'm afraid. 😊

LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 2416 of 52836, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
tincup wrote:

If this is just the boxed stuff I shudder to think of what else lurks in the "closet"... wow...

That gray tub is a 45 gallon beast that is filled to the brim with goodies in anti-static bags. It's gotta weigh 80 lbs.

LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 2419 of 52836, by rgart

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

so Artex...I am wondering what will you do with your mountain of goodness

Last edited by rgart on 2013-07-29, 09:14. Edited 1 time in total.

=My Cyrix 5x86 systems : 120MHz vs 133MHz=. =My 486DX2-66MHz=