Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 7200 of 52976, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
havli wrote:
Boxed Voodoo4 is always nice to have. :) I've noticed you have a ton of 3dfx stuff - just out of curiosity... is any of your V4 […]
Show full quote
Artex wrote:

Adding another V4-4500 to the H0aRD - this time it's the US AGP version.

Boxed Voodoo4 is always nice to have. 😀
I've noticed you have a ton of 3dfx stuff - just out of curiosity... is any of your V4 4500 AGP revision 3900 (board manufactured in 39th week of 2000)? I have one myself and it seems to be very rare - I've watched hundreds of V4 photos and not a single one of them was rev 3900.

http://hw-museum.cz/data/vga/pic/big/3dfx_Voo … rev._3900_B.jpg

Mine appears to be AGP rev 3300?
DiMOQe.jpg

My Retro B:\ytes YouTube Channel & Retro Collection
LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 7201 of 52976, by havli

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, this one is indeed 3300. The 3300 and 3700 are quite common.
Here is a list of Voodoo revisions http://3dfx.cz/articles/rev.htm Not sure how much accurate is it though.

Funny thing - the "3dfx Interactive, inc" writing on the front side (above the VSA chip) is misspelled 😁 This applies for all Voodoo4 AGP.

HW museum.cz - my collection of PC hardware

Reply 7202 of 52976, by idspispopd

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Not tested yet, but it was cheap enough. Looks OK so I'm somewhat optimistic.

miroCRYSTAL_low.jpg
Filename
miroCRYSTAL_low.jpg
File size
155.79 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 7203 of 52976, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
idspispopd wrote:

Not tested yet, but it was cheap enough. Looks OK so I'm somewhat optimistic.

Nice! Love the underdog Rendition cards!

My Retro B:\ytes YouTube Channel & Retro Collection
LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 7204 of 52976, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

OK guys so with a little bit of prompting from Retrofanatic (it doesn't take much) I went back and purchased the following:

IBM PS/2 Model 50Z (No video but powers on and does drive seek)
Tandy 1000 TL/2 (Works perfectly, needs a keyboard)
Tandy 3000 HL (No power, PSU obviously shot)

IBM Colour CGA Monitor
2x 5.25" Diskette Drives
3.5" IBM PS/2 Diskette Drive
Sound Blaster 16 1770 and CD-Rom drive with cable.
A TON of boxes for old 80's games (No software but complete otherwise, some of the games I own loose copies so I can make complete sets)
Windows Sound System for Windows 3.1 in NIB
GEOS Ensemble new in box

s1220005_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8o5hix.jpg

s1220010111_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8o5nu4.jpg

All for the grand total of 52$. 😁

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 7207 of 52976, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
dirkmirk wrote:

You bastard!

Just sell anything you dont need you'll get a nice amount of money just for Spear of Destiny alone.

I have that game also boxed here.

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 7208 of 52976, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ok so here is the monitor I bought, It's a classic IBM Colour monitor. The guy also has another exactly like this and one that looks identical but has no logo on it (probably not IBM but I didn't look all that closely. 🤣 I may go back and get those also but I should really stop here before I bury myself in computer junk. 🤣

s1220018_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8o6zcc.jpg

s1220021_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8o6zcb.jpg

Haven't cleaned it yet but I know it works flawlessly. 😁

Reply 7209 of 52976, by idspispopd

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Artex wrote:

Nice! Love the underdog Rendition cards!

I know, you have quite a lot of those in cour collection. Actually I wondered why you didn´t have the miro at least in your WANT list, but I suppose one could consider it as identical to the Canopus.

Reply 7210 of 52976, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@King_Corduroy

Awesome!! Hauls like that is what makes it so enticing to keep searching...you really hit the jackpot on this one. Congrats.

There's a lot there to keep you busy for a while. I know stuff can pile up sometimes but it's worth it in this case if you have the space. I sometimes get the what I call the "hoarder feeling" when I bring home a haul like this 🤣...but it wears off quick when you get everything organized and cleaned and then start to use it...it's good to know that you didn't spend much and you can just sell it if you run out of space and probably come out even or with some extra cash in your pocket. I have been looking for one of those ibm monitors for a long time now (along with an ibm 51xx system)...but they are getting very hard to find especially in good shape...gotta consider yourself pretty lucky. If it was me, I would have to get those monitors because I know I would regret it down the road but even if you didn't you still have some amazing hardware to work with.

Got any plans for the windows sound system? I have the same one in the box and am planning to use it in a windows 3.1 multi sound card setup in a 486 pc.

Reply 7211 of 52976, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Oh believe me I know I'm lucky as hell, I just cannot believe I landed so much stuff all at once! 🤣 Also a slight update I got a keyboard to work with the Tandy 1000 TL/2 and I played a few games / navigated the HDD on the machine and WOW I love it! I can see why people talk so highly about the Tandy 1000 series, it makes my PCjr look insanely primitive. 🤣

s1220015_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8o679k.jpg
(This monitor I pulled out of the garbage a few weeks ago)

s1220016_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8o6796.jpg

The Tandy 3000HL actually DOES turn on. Due to my immense stupidity (fortunately) I plugged in the machine and tried to turn it on with the red reset button (deceptively labelled POWER) and when it didn't turn on I concluded the PSU was dead. However when I got it home I noticed the giant rocker switch on the side on the unit and tried it once again and it indeed fires up! However the video seems garbled (maybe it's a format my monitor cannot handle) and the keyboard indicators just kept blinking on and off. So I have no idea whats up with that. 🙁

As for the Windows sound system I don't actually plan on using it since it's merely a tech gadget. I don't really want Voice command recognition on my Packard Bell 486sx. 😜

It seems to be a promo copy btw.

Reply 7212 of 52976, by Evert

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sound Blaster Live! Audigy 2 ZS (for my Socket 462 Sempron 3000+ rig):

$_57.JPG

Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtrememusic (for my Socket 939 rig):

card.jpg

sigpic2689_1.gif

Reply 7215 of 52976, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
PeterLI wrote:

The 5153 is a highly sought after item that resells for $200 - 400 easily so you got a real steal there. 😀

O'RLY? I have one just collecting dust here, maybe i should test it out eh?

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 7217 of 52976, by CelGen

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
King_Corduroy wrote:
Ok so here is the monitor I bought, It's a classic IBM Colour monitor. The guy also has another exactly like this and one that l […]
Show full quote

Ok so here is the monitor I bought, It's a classic IBM Colour monitor. The guy also has another exactly like this and one that looks identical but has no logo on it (probably not IBM but I didn't look all that closely. 🤣 I may go back and get those also but I should really stop here before I bury myself in computer junk. 🤣

s1220018_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8o6zcc.jpg

I still need to find a 5153 for my XT. They're such a pain to get online and they don't really ship that well. Pretty fragile for a CRT monitor.

Anyways, apparently HP made rugged serial terminals.

IMG_8854.jpg

$2. Steel body (heavy), membrane keyboard (abcdef layout....), weather resistant bulkhead on the back, VT52/100/320 emulation, gas plasma display.....oh and an IR LED array like the HP-150 to give it a touchscreen.

emot-science.gif "It's science. I ain't gotta explain sh*t" emot-girl.gif

Reply 7218 of 52976, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

https://orig14.deviantart.net/a968/f/2015/091 … roy-d8o24b7.jpg
Bloody nice haul K_C That shell on the 286 is Dos Shell. Easy enough to disable. It should run GeoWorks Ensemble quite well to.

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉

Reply 7219 of 52976, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks, went back once again yesterday and bought all these as well as the other IBM CGA monitor. 😁

Yeah I'm probably going to try and install geoworks, such a great GUI I just don't understand why it didn't catch on.

s1230006_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8oab9u.jpg

s1230008_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8oaf7r.jpg

s1230009_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8oaf7h.jpg

I also found the manual for the Packard Bell I bought in all the piles of junk this guy has all over his "Shop". 😁

s1230004_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8oae5g.jpg