Topic actions

Reply 7940 of 52822, by alexanrs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
kithylin wrote:
alexanrs wrote:

Well, something interesting happened today. My father just brought me an "old PC board" he found when shopping for a cordless phone. It isn't really retro (just an Elitegroup GT440 with 1GB 128bit GDDR5), and I really have no use for it (all my PCI-e PCs have better graphics cards) but I found it funny that I'm starting to be the "guy to toss old PC stuff to" of the family.

Just be happy you're that guy and not the "my computer had this weird message today! come fix it!" guy that everyone in the family calls on all the time, is not fun.

But I'm that guy already 😵
Anyway, I have a spare PCI-e graphics card now 🤣

And oh.. Skyscraper... That AT tower and clicky keyboards... congratulations, and find a good place out of sight to keep the girlfriend happy 🤣 . If shipping to Brazil was cheaper, I'd probably take some stuff out of your hands. You know... just to help out.

Reply 7941 of 52822, by idspispopd

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Cyrix200+ wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/smqY27Rl.jpg Useful? I don't know? […]
Show full quote

smqY27Rl.jpg
Useful? I don't know?

Easy to Google: http://www.pciadda.com/converter/converter1.html
Probably not useful. The inverse would be more useful (Covox).

Reply 7942 of 52822, by torindkflt

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Finally managed to find the CORRECT case for my 486 rebuild! 😊 Aside from the drives, the only difference from the childhood original is the color of the panel around the indicators and buttons. The original was white with a navy blue border. Of course it's also missing the "Dream 486" case badge, but I can easily make one. Despite the differences, as hard of a time as I had finding this style of case, I'll take it! 🤣

IMG_20150520_125241091.jpg

Reply 7943 of 52822, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
torindkflt wrote:

Finally managed to find the CORRECT case for my 486 rebuild! 😊 Aside from the drives, the only difference from the childhood original is the color of the panel around the indicators and buttons. The original was white with a navy blue border. Of course it's also missing the "Dream 486" case badge, but I can easily make one. Despite the differences, as hard of a time as I had finding this style of case, I'll take it! 🤣

Maybe you can paint the panel around the indicators and buttons blue. 🤣

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 7945 of 52822, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ODwilly wrote:
havli wrote:
Asus PC-DL + 2x Xeon 2.4 GHz HT http://abload.de/img/asus_pc_dlfvudh.jpg […]
Show full quote

Asus PC-DL + 2x Xeon 2.4 GHz HT
asus_pc_dlfvudh.jpg

GeForce 6200 - early NV43 GPU based revision with 128bit DDR
gf6200q9ua2.jpg

Oh is that one of the 6200's that can be unlocked to a 6600? That would be awesome 🤤

Yes, it is one of the ones that can be unlocked. If it uses the 6600 board design, it is a crippled 6600 chip.

Reply 7946 of 52822, by meljor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Found three Asus boards in one week! Have been looking for months and now they popped up and i had to buy:

Asus sp97-v socket 7
Asus p/I-p55tvp4 socket 7

And last but not least, Have been looking for YEARS to find this one:

Asus P5A-B super socket 7 (rev. 1.04 so k6+ compatible)

Very happy with this one!! Already had 3x Asus P5A and one Asus TX97 so i think i am set when it comes to socket 7 boards. Only one left to search for is one with an Intel HX chipset.
Since i don't use ebay finding items can take a long time 🤣

asus tx97-e, 233mmx, voodoo1, s3 virge ,sb16
asus p5a, k6-3+ @ 550mhz, voodoo2 12mb sli, gf2 gts, awe32
asus p3b-f, p3-700, voodoo3 3500TV agp, awe64
asus tusl2-c, p3-S 1,4ghz, voodoo5 5500, live!
asus a7n8x DL, barton cpu, 6800ultra, Voodoo3 pci, audigy1

Reply 7947 of 52822, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
torindkflt wrote:

That's a beauty 😀

1982 to 2001

Reply 7948 of 52822, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
meljor wrote:
Found three Asus boards in one week! Have been looking for months and now they popped up and i had to buy: […]
Show full quote

Found three Asus boards in one week! Have been looking for months and now they popped up and i had to buy:

Asus sp97-v socket 7
Asus p/I-p55tvp4 socket 7

And last but not least, Have been looking for YEARS to find this one:

Asus P5A-B super socket 7 (rev. 1.04 so k6+ compatible)

Very happy with this one!! Already had 3x Asus P5A and one Asus TX97 so i think i am set when it comes to socket 7 boards. Only one left to search for is one with an Intel HX chipset.
Since i don't use ebay finding items can take a long time 🤣

Nice, now I know who bought the P5A-B 😉 Also, funny to see how those SP97-V spread accross the country now. I got four of the systems they started selling in a few months ago. Did yours come with the USB/Serial/Parallel/Video brackets? Mine did not 🙁

1982 to 2001

Reply 7949 of 52822, by meljor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Haha! I knew i would find one of the sellers at vogons 🤣

P5a-b arrived yesterday so thanx! I really have been searching long for that one, It seems most people in the netherlands opted for the p5a back then....(and even those are hard to find).

My p55tvp4 came with all the brackets, the seller pulled it out of a working system for me so that was nice. The sp97-v will arrive next week but will come without any brackets.
It´s a shame that these are getting lost, especially since the pinouts of the different brands are not universal.

Since you have a bunch of retro stuff for sale i assume you are downsizing the collection?

asus tx97-e, 233mmx, voodoo1, s3 virge ,sb16
asus p5a, k6-3+ @ 550mhz, voodoo2 12mb sli, gf2 gts, awe32
asus p3b-f, p3-700, voodoo3 3500TV agp, awe64
asus tusl2-c, p3-S 1,4ghz, voodoo5 5500, live!
asus a7n8x DL, barton cpu, 6800ultra, Voodoo3 pci, audigy1

Reply 7950 of 52822, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
meljor wrote:
Haha! I knew i would find one of the sellers at vogons :lol: […]
Show full quote

Haha! I knew i would find one of the sellers at vogons 🤣

P5a-b arrived yesterday so thanx! I really have been searching long for that one, It seems most people in the netherlands opted for the p5a back then....(and even those are hard to find).

My p55tvp4 came with all the brackets, the seller pulled it out of a working system for me so that was nice. The sp97-v will arrive next week but will come without any brackets.
It´s a shame that these are getting lost, especially since the pinouts of the different brands are not universal.

Since you have a bunch of retro stuff for sale i assume you are downsizing the collection?

Ah, no I'm not the seller, but I was also interested in the P5A-B, but decided not to buy/bid. I bought the AOpen AX59Pro.

I have four of those SP97-V's (in their 'original' cases/systems). They were installed as ISDN phone systems, and they never bothered to put in the brackets. The original seller of the systems (he had many!) said he would look to see if the brackets could be found anywhere (guess not, I haven't heard from him since).

1982 to 2001

Reply 7951 of 52822, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

A litte update on my haul:

hXQHqjxl.jpg
Love those AT cases 😀

JPaKo1nl.jpg
Lots of room

yuA2NAAl.jpg
Unfortunately, CMOS battery is dead (understandable) and it's the Dallas RTC thing, so need to find out how to replace 😀 The board fails during post, but also does not respond to the keyboard (I tried two keyboards). Will have to troubleshoot before replacing the RTC.

gd7CH2jl.jpg
This Compaq was stripped of cards, memory and CPU (the CPU was in a bag at the bottom of a box of cables, some bent pins 🙁)v

zknPMscl.jpg
Looks like a decent system. Lots of ISA and some PCI slots.

JitT11Vl.jpg
The smaller/older Compaq does still work.

PEz1AKKl.jpg
ISA only. Maybe I will combine the two Compaqs into one working system, with the newer one as the basis.

6ucSUrfl.jpg
VGA monitors also work, but due to space constraints I will have to get rid of one of the small ones. I'll have find out which one is better.

etcc4fol.jpg?1
The CDROM in the large AT case was connected to this little controller? with a connection for audio (probably just a looptrought of the audio out of the CDROM? Is this a common thing?

1982 to 2001

Reply 7952 of 52822, by easy_john

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

> The CDROM was connected to this little controller? with a connection for audio (probably just a looptrought of the audio out of the CDROM? Is this a common thing?
Not so common, since in most cases cd-rom was connected to sound board, and then directly to on-board ide. But I've seen this kind of cd-rom controllers back in 90-s.

Pentium2 450/256mb/4gb/ati rage 128+voodoo2/SB awe32 8mb+db50xg/GUS PnP 8mb/TB Tropez 2mb
486 DX2-66/32mb/8gb/tseng4000 2mb/SB 16+WB/GUS 1mb/LAPC-I
286 12mhz/4mb/512mb/Vga 1mb/SB 2.0+Covox
PegasosII G4 / Amiga 4000 / Amiga1200 / Amiga 600

Reply 7953 of 52822, by CelGen

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

IMG_9476.jpg
$40 brand new. Has all the hardware to mount to pretty much anything up to the P4 era, plus includes a GPU block. I might be able to scavenge the CPU block from a thermaltake kit I got with a bad radiator so I could possibly use it in a dual CPU machine.

IMG_9477.jpg
That mac edition 6800 was free, the Copam Apple II EPROM burner was also free because it's badly water damaged, the 2120 below that was also free but is fine (and missing it's Sega Saturn connectors....then there is the two Voodoo5's. I've had my eyes on them for four months. The store selling it was firm on the $150/each price they seem to be averaging on ebay....however that price is retarded if you aren't actually selling on ebay. Four months later they were still in the display case. Nobody was interested. They even took them to a flea market and still nobody wanted them. We ended up negotiating $50 for the two cards.

IMG_9478.jpg
S100 bus connectors. New Old Stock. $1 each. Now I can convert the AltairClone under it into a real S100 machine.

Finally, not so much retro, but a whole two dollars.
IMG_9475.jpg

emot-science.gif "It's science. I ain't gotta explain sh*t" emot-girl.gif

Reply 7954 of 52822, by Nvm1

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Cyrix200+ wrote:
Well, I bought a large pile of hardware today, all in one go, for 30 euros. Did not really know what I would get (except for som […]
Show full quote

Well, I bought a large pile of hardware today, all in one go, for 30 euros. Did not really know what I would get (except for some pictures) and did not know how much it was. And it was much, and it was fun. A preview:

HDeUy2jl.jpg
Logitech Scanman with ISA card

233fTeol.jpg?1
Tape Controller (also found two tape drives - no picture yet)

r72VBbnl.jpg?1
I/O board? Looks like Serial, Parallel and Game port

s4btGIdl.jpg?1
This 386 was sitting in a large bag of cables

eBFQmIal.jpg?1
Lots of mouses/mice 😀 I love the Genius one, my first 386 had one. There a about 20 old mice in the box, serial and ps/2.

smqY27Rl.jpg
Useful? I don't know?

MUg5weJl.jpg
Lots of manuals included also.

nUEQFGcl.jpg
Five boxes of 5.25" DS/DD floppy drives. Sealed! Will they even work after such a long time?

i8p1eGKl.jpg
PC's! The AT big tower is beautiful! Comes with Turbo button 😀 Has a Socket 5 Pentium, have not checked further. Rest of the Compaqs are also Pentium 1's I think. The newer tower is a PIII 733, and I think I spotted RDRAM. The motherboard is an Intel VC820!

LN1mqjkl.jpg
Clicking keyboards 😀

G1uSObWl.jpg
Lots of manuals.

2ah3v3ql.jpg
And finally this thing. Can anyone tell me what it is?

The other side of it:
9VbrF1dl.jpg

Also three large HP Laser printers. And two 14" VGA? monitors. And this giant:
2ziEwuAl.jpg

I have no idea what I'm going to do with all this. It's just to much. My girlfriend is not happy 😐

Awesome find, I am dying to find one of such towers to build my system in.
If I may ask where did you dig them up in the Netherlands?

Reply 7955 of 52822, by seob

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Got this nice gigabyte ga-586ux atx formfactor socket 7 motherboard, with pentium 166mmx and the i/o bracket for 7,50 euro.
Nice thing of this board is the fact that the cpu isn't located behind the isa/pci slots, blocking the use of long cards.
At the same store i found discworld in a booklike box.

image.jpg
Filename
image.jpg
File size
1.95 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 7956 of 52822, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Nvm1 wrote:
Cyrix200+ wrote:

Well, I bought a large pile of hardware today, all in one go, for 30 euros. Did not really know what I would get (except for some pictures) and did not know how much it was. And it was much, and it was fun. A preview:
<snip>

This one was found on Marktplaats. Part of a large collection of computer 'junk'. When I saw the photo with the turbo button I was very interested 😀 You'll need to pick up stuuf like this yourself, almost impossible to ship. http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/computers-en-soft … inters-412.html

1982 to 2001

Reply 7957 of 52822, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
seob wrote:
Got this nice gigabyte ga-586ux atx formfactor socket 7 motherboard, with pentium 166mmx and the i/o bracket for 7,50 euro. Nice […]
Show full quote

Got this nice gigabyte ga-586ux atx formfactor socket 7 motherboard, with pentium 166mmx and the i/o bracket for 7,50 euro.
Nice thing of this board is the fact that the cpu isn't located behind the isa/pci slots, blocking the use of long cards.
At the same store i found discworld in a booklike box.

image.jpg

That one is cool 😀 Looks weird, low component count for an ATX board. Does it work?

1982 to 2001

Reply 7959 of 52822, by Nvm1

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Cyrix200+ wrote:
Nvm1 wrote:
Cyrix200+ wrote:

<snip>

This one was found on Marktplaats. Part of a large collection of computer 'junk'. When I saw the photo with the turbo button I was very interested 😀 You'll need to pick up stuuf like this yourself, almost impossible to ship. http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/computers-en-soft … inters-412.html

Sadly I live in the utter south near Maastricht.. not much offered in this region 😢