Reply 15680 of 52813, by Brickpad

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Jade Falcon wrote:
I got a better recent eBay story. […]
Show full quote

I got a better recent eBay story.

So I bought a 12.4gb Bigfoot and revived a 6.4gb drive. I messaged the seller and emailed him and got nothing for an answer.

So I left a neg feedback and not he says I never tried to contact him. 😵
He offers a refund if I remove the feedback but I did not trust changes get the feedback without getting something upfront.

I let him know that I would not change the feedback without him doing something. He refused to do anything until I changed the feedback so I left the neg intact.

Not he goes and buys everything I have listed and requested that the orders be canceled. Yeah this will end well.

Are you freaking serious? That's pathetic. I'm sure you're going to take that up with Ebay. That's got to warrant having his account suspended or deleted for retaliation.

Reply 15681 of 52813, by JidaiGeki

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jade Falcon wrote:
I got a better recent eBay story. […]
Show full quote

I got a better recent eBay story.

So I bought a 12.4gb Bigfoot and revived a 6.4gb drive. I messaged the seller and emailed him and got nothing for an answer.

So I left a neg feedback and not he says I never tried to contact him. 😵
He offers a refund if I remove the feedback but I did not trust changes get the feedback without getting something upfront.

I let him know that I would not change the feedback without him doing something. He refused to do anything until I changed the feedback so I left the neg intact.

Not he goes and buys everything I have listed and requested that the orders be canceled. Yeah this will end well.

What a ****.... however that's why I put all bad sellers on my black list immediately. Hope you report him for this crappy stunt!

Reply 15682 of 52813, by Brickpad

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just bought a Conner CFS270A. Seller dropped the price from $5.99 to $2.99.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    Filename
    s-l1600.jpg
    File size
    208.91 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 15683 of 52813, by Batyra

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
c0keb0ttle wrote:
Traded one of my Roland MT-32 modules for this GUS today. […]
Show full quote

Traded one of my Roland MT-32 modules for this GUS today.

IMG_1826.JPG

It's a Synergy ViperMAX 32, or possibly a Gravis Ultrasound Extreme, the branding issues confuse me.

Unfortunately the box is not complete (no manuals or driver CDs), but still pretty cool.

I've quickly tried to install it, with the CD downloaded from Vogons, but I can't get it to properly work. The Sound Blaster Pro compatible ESS part seems to work fine, but the setup utility says it can't find the Gravis card, and it behaves oddly when trying to locate it by scanning ports...

Oh well, I'll prolly make a separate post about that.

Interesting revision... memory is build in PCB - so it is build like UltrasoundExtreme but still branded by Synergy... I though Vipers has memory slot and synergy on pcb and Extreme has memory on pcb and label or Gravis printed on PCB...
Also the box is not the one like in PNP pro and ViperMax (with ripple) and not lik GUS Extreme with shouting buddy...

Can you do photos of both sides of box?

Visit my website: http://www.collection.batyra.pl

Reply 15684 of 52813, by brassicGamer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vlask wrote:
ELSA GLoria-4 - 1995 - price $2990. Based on 1st 3Dlabs chip GLINT 300SX, 4MB VRAM+8MB DRAM. […]
Show full quote

ELSA GLoria-4 - 1995 - price $2990. Based on 1st 3Dlabs chip GLINT 300SX, 4MB VRAM+8MB DRAM.

aOQvp8S.jpg

Nice!!! These do not come up very often and probably as rare as the 3D Blaster VLB.

Check out my blog and YouTube channel for thoughts, articles, system profiles, and tips.

Reply 15685 of 52813, by Carlos S. M.

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The GA-6OXT finally came here after 1 month of waiting

Attachments

• 20170202_125508.jpg
    Filename
    20170202_125508.jpg
    File size
    1.43 MiB
    Views
    File license

What is your biggest Pentium 4 Collection?
Socket 423/478 Motherboards with Universal AGP Slot
Socket 478 Motherboards with PCI-E Slots
LGA 775 Motherboards with AGP Slots
Experiences and thoughts with Socket 423 systems

Reply 15688 of 52813, by lazibayer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vlask wrote:
ELSA GLoria-4 - 1995 - price $2990. Based on 1st 3Dlabs chip GLINT 300SX, 4MB VRAM+8MB DRAM. […]
Show full quote

ELSA GLoria-4 - 1995 - price $2990. Based on 1st 3Dlabs chip GLINT 300SX, 4MB VRAM+8MB DRAM.

aOQvp8S.jpg

Beautiful! I love these multi-chip 3D cards. Time for some benchmarks!

Reply 15689 of 52813, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
vlask wrote:
Show full quote

aOQvp8S.jpg

to be clear - you paid $2990?

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 15690 of 52813, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Carlos S. M. wrote:

The GA-6OXT finally came here after 1 month of waiting

Great board! I got 2 of em for €1+shipping (untested) some years ago and both worked 😁
One is in my Tully rig right now. Lets hope yours is in working condition 😀

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 15692 of 52813, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
clueless1 wrote:

to be clear - you paid $2990?

I think he means back in 1995 that was the retail price. 😀

My Retro B:\ytes YouTube Channel & Retro Collection
LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 15693 of 52813, by yawetaG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

A not buy, but maybe I'll go back:

Coolermaster big tower case with two DVD drives (one beige) and a beige floppy drive for 5 Euros at a pawn shop. Should I pick it up?

Reply 15694 of 52813, by meljor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Today i recieved 2 nos Iwill slocket II adapters. These are for coppermine only but i have an Upgradeware one for tualatin.

But, i always wanted to do the slotket mod for tualatin! So i unpacked one and modded it together with a Tualeron 1300 and the combo now works on a p3b-f!

So nice when things work out perfectly 😀

asus tx97-e, 233mmx, voodoo1, s3 virge ,sb16
asus p5a, k6-3+ @ 550mhz, voodoo2 12mb sli, gf2 gts, awe32
asus p3b-f, p3-700, voodoo3 3500TV agp, awe64
asus tusl2-c, p3-S 1,4ghz, voodoo5 5500, live!
asus a7n8x DL, barton cpu, 6800ultra, Voodoo3 pci, audigy1

Reply 15695 of 52813, by ynari

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
yawetaG wrote:

Coolermaster big tower case with two DVD drives (one beige) and a beige floppy drive for 5 Euros at a pawn shop. Should I pick it up?

Yes! yesyesyesyesyesyes! Particularly if it has lots of 5.25" bays, it's rare and expensive to get cases with many of those these days.

I can't believe you even questioned it for 5 euros.

My current main system has a Coolermaster Stacker 830 - spacious, removable motherboard tray, fits EATX (and SSI EEB, but without all the standoffs), great for all the hot swap bays I have. The new system almost built uses a Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 RevB, and I've needed to buy a five disks in 3 5.25" bay device to fit all the hot swap drives I want. The DS5 only has four 5.25" bays..

Reply 15696 of 52813, by yawetaG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ynari wrote:
Yes! yesyesyesyesyesyes! Particularly if it has lots of 5.25" bays, it's rare and expensive to get cases with many of those thes […]
Show full quote
yawetaG wrote:

Yes! yesyesyesyesyesyes! Particularly if it has lots of 5.25" bays, it's rare and expensive to get cases with many of those these days.

I can't believe you even questioned it for 5 euros.

My current main system has a Coolermaster Stacker 830 - spacious, removable motherboard tray, fits EATX (and SSI EEB, but without all the standoffs), great for all the hot swap bays I have. The new system almost built uses a Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 RevB, and I've needed to buy a five disks in 3 5.25" bay device to fit all the hot swap drives I want. The DS5 only has four 5.25" bays..

Went back today to check it out some more, both drives are IDE, FDD cable included, front panel stuff included, dirty like hell inside, no power supply, but it's also a fairly recent case, so I'll try to pick it up tomorrow morning (the shop's closed now).

Reply 15697 of 52813, by yawetaG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
yawetaG wrote:

Went back today to check it out some more, both drives are IDE, FDD cable included, front panel stuff included, dirty like hell inside, no power supply, but it's also a fairly recent case, so I'll try to pick it up tomorrow morning (the shop's closed now).

Went there first thing in the morning, arrived 1 minute before they opened, and went out the door with the case 5 minutes later. Walking back home was a hell, the case was heavier and unwieldier than expected and I had to walk for 25 minutes 😵 I had to stop at least half a dozen times to catch my breath, too much time sitting behind a desk and too little lifting heavy things 🤣

Anyway, for my 5 Euros I got:

1 Cooler Master Centurion 5 (mk. I) case, missing a fan, some unoriginal hardware, and lots of little scratches, dust and minor damage:

IMG_6928.jpg
Filename
IMG_6928.jpg
File size
103.8 KiB
Views
File license
IMG_6930.jpg
Filename
IMG_6930.jpg
File size
98.62 KiB
Views
File license

The front panel has mic in, speaker out, 2x USB, and a Firewire 400 port:

IMG_6929.jpg
Filename
IMG_6929.jpg
File size
191.64 KiB
Views
File license

I hope the front panel cables are okay, as someone had stuffed all of the wires into the space between the drive cage and one of the side panels, including the floppy cable (which probably needs to be replaced due being folded way too flat).

Insides after vacuuming (I will likely wash it to get rid of the remaining grime):

IMG_6936.jpg
Filename
IMG_6936.jpg
File size
117.4 KiB
Views
File license
IMG_6937.jpg
Filename
IMG_6937.jpg
File size
138 KiB
Views
File license

The design is pretty good, much better than My Dell Dimension case (no sharp bits) but still worse than my Gateway G6 case. One issue I have is that the drive cage and motherboard backplane can't be removed from the case, but on the other hand: 5 Euros.

Cont' next post...

Reply 15698 of 52813, by yawetaG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Drives included with the case:

1 Samsung beige front FDD:

IMG_6934.jpg
Filename
IMG_6934.jpg
File size