File size
3.92 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

A small selection of the contents:
-8088XT IBM Clone
-IBM PS/2 Model 30 286
-Some Tulip computers (Tulip was a dutch pc manufacturer)
-Philips videopac 7000 and videopac 2000
-Commodore 128
-Atari 1040ST F
-Atari PC3 8088
-sun ultrasparc
-Apple macintosh LC 475
-Some 286 and 386 whiteboxes
-Some pentium class AT whiteboxes
-etc etc

20171129_173646.jpg
Filename
20171129_173646.jpg
File size
4.44 MiB
Views
File license
20171129_173711.jpg
Filename
20171129_173711.jpg
File size
4.13 MiB
Views
File license

It will take me a couple of weeks to sort and test it all.
Hopefully there wont be too many NiCd battery leaks and is most of the stuff in reasonable working order.

Plan: Test and do restaurations on most of the computers.
Then resell around 2 thirds of this collection and keep the rest to add to my private collection.
In particular all the Tulip computers will get a nice place in my own collection. Dutch pride... can't help it 😎

Reply 20541 of 52354, by BloodyCactus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
blurks wrote:

We shouldn't talk about exact figures here, until otherwise stated. Everyone has a right of privacy.

dont turn this place into fucking amibay where putting $ or £ into a post gets you instabanned.

people have a right to not respond to price queries, but amibay's attitude is a cancer I'd rather not see here.

--/\-[ Stu : Bloody Cactus :: [ https://bloodycactus.com :: http://kråketær.com ]-/\--

Reply 20542 of 52354, by blurks

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

...personally speaking I wouldn't like the attitude of forum members sniffing around in the eBay history to publish my investments. I love to share but I don't like to be stalked and the outcome being publicly traded, alright? rikukos pointed out, that everyone is free to look up the eBay history. I guess, if he would have loved to see his nice stuff presented in here being linked up to a specific pricetag he would have provided that exact number in his post instead.

Back to topic:

Attachments

• 35disk.jpg
    Filename
    35disk.jpg
    File size
    186.81 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 20543 of 52354, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Finally found a Panasonic PCMCIA CD-ROM/Sound card (KXL-D20) with the breakout box for a good price. Been looking for around a year. Now I just need to get a CD-ROM drive to go along with it.

Seller's pic:

s-l1600.jpg
Filename
s-l1600.jpg
File size
253.07 KiB
Views
File license

Anybody know if the faster Panasonic SCSI CD-ROM drives will work with this? I know it should work with both the KXL-D720(2x) and the KXL-D740(4x), but not sure about faster ones like the KXL-D783A(8x) or the KXL-D810A(20x).

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 20544 of 52354, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Smid1980 wrote:

Bought a storageroom full of old hardware yesterday

-Atari PC3 8088

Dutch pride... can't help it 😎

When you find time going through all of this I would love to see the condition of your Atari PC3. They have a slick case IMO. Thanks and congrats.

Last edited by liqmat on 2017-12-04, 03:05. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 20545 of 52354, by MrKsoft

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Picked up a Geforce FX 5200 Ultra today. Interesting card that according to contemporary reviews is much better than the original 5200 and mostly neck-and-neck with the 5600 non-Ultra. They don't seem to be very common. It's the last piece I needed for my "high-end-ish" Win9x system which is based around an Athlon XP T-Bred. While not exactly the best card I could get, it should be more than enough for my intentions, which is covering as many games that are Win9x-only as possible. I'll probably mostly be playing DX7 and older titles.

Wafflenet OPL Archive - Preserving MS-DOS music in a unified format!

Reply 20546 of 52354, by furan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Saw an InWin case on here. I think I finally found a provider for the H500, but it is a little expensive. I bought it anyway.
54798_L.jpg

I already have a case for my current build, so I guess this has me doing another build?

Reply 20547 of 52354, by Smid1980

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
liqmat wrote:
Smid1980 wrote:

Bought a storageroom full of old hardware yesterday

-Atari PC3 8088

Dutch pride... can't help it 😎

When you find time going through all of this I would love to see the condition of you Atari PC3. They have a slick case IMO. Thanks and congrats.

Sure. No problem...
I'm taking home the machines a couple at a time. I will make sure to bring the Atari PC3 next week.

I'll try to document with images and post them here.

Reply 20548 of 52354, by Pabloz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

bought this with cpu and no brand videocard

i like the board because it supports 1.5gb of ram. the only sad thing is that its agp 2x and not 4x

I have a couple of intel SE440BX-2, but never liked them. One of them even has a yamaha chip integrated, if i remember correctly they didnt accept ecc memory, and a 700mhz cpu worked as long as you did not update the bios, if you upgraded the bios a nasty message appeared telling you cpu not supported and you needed to install 600 or less cpu. fucking Intel.

Untitledk.jpg

Reply 20549 of 52354, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
BloodyCactus wrote:

dont turn this place into fucking amibay where putting $ or £ into a post gets you instabanned.

Talking about money often ends in tears so I agree with blurks, we should keep the discussion aimed at the hardware itself.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 20550 of 52354, by TheAbandonwareGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
MrKsoft wrote:

Picked up a Geforce FX 5200 Ultra today. Interesting card that according to contemporary reviews is much better than the original 5200 and mostly neck-and-neck with the 5600 non-Ultra. They don't seem to be very common. It's the last piece I needed for my "high-end-ish" Win9x system which is based around an Athlon XP T-Bred. While not exactly the best card I could get, it should be more than enough for my intentions, which is covering as many games that are Win9x-only as possible. I'll probably mostly be playing DX7 and older titles.

You should try Oblivion. I'm finding the GeForceFX series is slightly less enept than made out to be. Oblivion was running fine on Medium at 800x600 on my FX5950. I imagine you could get by with low on a FX5200 Ultra.

Cyb3rst0rms Retro Hardware Warzone: https://discord.gg/jK8uvR4c
I used to own over 160 graphics card, I've since recovered from graphics card addiction

Reply 20551 of 52354, by Dreamer_of_the_past

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
furan wrote:

Saw an InWin case on here. I think I finally found a provider for the H500, but it is a little expensive. I bought it anyway.

How did you get one? I mean there's none in stock.

Reply 20552 of 52354, by BloodyCactus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
badmojo wrote:
BloodyCactus wrote:

Talking about money often ends in tears so I agree with blurks, we should keep the discussion aimed at the hardware itself.

Im not asking or caring what he paid, more talking about his reaction, that way leads to amibay and their shitty policies. On amibay if you say a pack of chewing gum costs $1 you get dogpiled on and temp banned. that shit is knee jerk ridiculous.

--/\-[ Stu : Bloody Cactus :: [ https://bloodycactus.com :: http://kråketær.com ]-/\--

Reply 20553 of 52354, by CkRtech

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hit an estate sale on the last day during its last hour and scored a couple of Trident ISA VGA cards and a Media Vision Jazz 16 card - Random assortment for sure.

Attachments

• IMG_4768b.jpg
    Filename
    IMG_4768b.jpg
    File size
    1.72 MiB
    Views
    File license

Displaced Gamers (YouTube) - DOS Gaming Aspect Ratio - 320x200 || The History of 240p || Dithering on the Sega Genesis with Composite Video

Reply 20554 of 52354, by furan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dreamer_of_the_past wrote:
furan wrote:

How did you get one? I mean there's none in stock.

None in stock? How do you get anything for an old computer? You hunt for it. 😀 In this case I found a special parts company (think for maintaining older servers and stuff) that had them as stock (for an expensive amount) and purchased.

Reply 20555 of 52354, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Pabloz

i like the board because it supports 1.5gb of ram. the only sad thing is that its agp 2x and not 4x

Looks nice, but floppy placement is horrible.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.

Reply 20556 of 52354, by Dreamer_of_the_past

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
furan wrote:

None in stock? How do you get anything for an old computer? You hunt for it. 😀 In this case I found a special parts company (think for maintaining older servers and stuff) that had them as stock (for an expensive amount) and purchased.

Never mind, I thought that you purchased this case from fcenter.

Reply 20557 of 52354, by Smid1980

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
CkRtech wrote:

Hit an estate sale on the last day during its last hour and scored a couple of Trident ISA VGA cards and a Media Vision Jazz 16 card - Random assortment for sure.

Maybe random but the Mediavison Jazz16 is a nice find nevertheless.
Really nice soundcard in my opinion. congrats!

Reply 20559 of 52354, by Srandista

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
The Serpent Rider wrote:

Pabloz

Looks nice, but floppy placement is horrible.

Yeah, but on these old motherboards, it seems to be rather norm then exception. On my board, I have 20 pin for ATX power supply on similar place. It's ridiculous, especially when you realize, that you sometimes don't have to connect floppy, but you HAVE to connect power to the board.

Socket 775 - ASRock 4CoreDual-VSTA, Pentium E6500K, 4GB RAM, Radeon 9800XT, ESS Solo-1, Win 98/XP
Socket A - Chaintech CT-7AIA, AMD Athlon XP 2400+, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9600XT, ESS ES1869F, Win 98