Rank
l33t
dionb wrote:
Pretty spectacular haul there. […]
Show full quote

Pretty spectacular haul there.

Mine somewhat less so, but nice nonetheless:
full.jpg

Marian Marc4 MIDI high-end sound card, implemented completely in FPGAs by the look of it.
Two Unisys-branded Mouse Systems optical mice, with appropriate mouse mat.

I use to have some of those old optical mice by Sun Microsystems.
They require the metal mouse pad too.

Attachments

Reply 28601 of 52688, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
dkarguth wrote:
liqmat wrote:
dkarguth wrote:

Got the motherlode here...
Paid just over $400 for the entire lot.

Is this from that warehouse down in Texas? Most excellent finds. If you happen to come across any ITT system hardware, docs or disks I would be very interested in knowing about it. I archived the system disks for the ITT Xtra system already here, but would like to archive more ITT system software if possible. Looks like you're going to be busy for awhile.

Yep! Computer Reset in Dallas. However, for anyone who wants to visit, it is rumored that it is going to shut down soon, so visit while you can.

Yes, a small warehouse full of old hardware in Vermont is also shutting down in a few months. Sad to see these kinds of places disappear, but at least it gets this vintage hardware into circulation rather than on a dusty shelf doing nothing. Please image any disks that you may find that could be useful to others trying to restore similar systems.

Reply 28602 of 52688, by Salient

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just won this from an ebay auction for a reasonable price (90GBP):

41e8OhxPVCL.jpg

MIDI comparison website: << Wavetable.nl >>
(Always) looking for: Any Wavetable daughterboard, MIDI Module (GM/GS/XG)

Reply 28603 of 52688, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
liqmat wrote:
dkarguth wrote:

Is this from that warehouse down in Texas? Most excellent finds. If you happen to come across any ITT system hardware, docs or disks I would be very interested in knowing about it. I archived the system disks for the ITT Xtra system already here, but would like to archive more ITT system software if possible. Looks like you're going to be busy for awhile.

That's a lot of cool stuff!

Warehouse down in Texas? Sounds sketchy 😉.

Reminds me of this I saw in a The 8 bit guy video: https://youtu.be/o6_topBnqPQ?t=53 Just piles and piles of interesting retro gear.

1982 to 2001

Reply 28604 of 52688, by henryVK

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Got this off ebay for close to pocket change. I figured it'd be worth it even just for the lenses, flash and flash cubes.

The camera's shutter fired but got stuck somewhere. Blowing out mechanism seems to have unstuck it for now, but I'll have to see whether it actually works (and the light seal is still good). Will do some cleaning of glass, viewfinder and then shoot some film. Ohhh boy, it's been a long time!

s-l1600.jpg

Reply 28605 of 52688, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
dkarguth wrote:
liqmat wrote:
dkarguth wrote:

Yep! Computer Reset in Dallas. However, for anyone who wants to visit, it is rumored that it is going to shut down soon, so visit while you can.

I think I remember a website online from the late 90s called "computer reset". I think they sold IBM stuff. By chance is it the same place?

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 28606 of 52688, by Skanque

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The ASUS collection is growing..

IMG-5561.jpg

IMG-5567.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

The GTS have not arrived yet, it should still be sealed, so pretty exciting stuff. (for me at least)

Have a nice day

Reply 28608 of 52688, by dkarguth

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Anonymous Coward wrote:
dkarguth wrote:

I think I remember a website online from the late 90s called "computer reset". I think they sold IBM stuff. By chance is it the same place?

Yep, same place! It's been around for a long time, However, they quit posting on ebay or selling online at all.

"And remember, this fix is only temporary, unless it works." -Red Green

Reply 28609 of 52688, by SpectriaForce

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Skanque wrote:

The ASUS collection is growing..

The GTS have not arrived yet, it should still be sealed, so pretty exciting stuff. (for me at least)

Have a nice day

Very nice. These cards have the potential to substantially increase in value.

Reply 28610 of 52688, by SpectriaForce

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
dkarguth wrote:
Got the motherlode here... Paid just over $400 for the entire lot. […]
Show full quote

IBM 5170 AT system with 5154 EGA monitor

IBM 5175 Professional Graphics Display (accompanied the IBM Professional Graphics Controller)

New in box IBM 5140 PC Convertible

IBM 5161 Expansion Unit

Texas Instruments Professional Computer (I am retrobriting it right now, so it's missing its case pieces in this picture

Compaq SLT docking station

Commodore 1084 Monitor

Texas Instruments Portable Professional Computer (color display model)

New In Box IBM AT disk drive

IBM 5153 CGA monitor

A crap ton of ISA and MCA cards

Various IBM reference manuals and software

New in box IBM AT accessory kits with brand new model M keyboard

Texas Instruments Professional Computer Monitor

Awesome. You can easily triple your investment if you want to sell it with a little bit of work.

Reply 28611 of 52688, by SpectriaForce

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
dkarguth wrote:
liqmat wrote:
dkarguth wrote:

Such a shame for me that it's not in Europe. I would have sent a truck to collect a lot of goodies 😊

Reply 28612 of 52688, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

What do you think about this Socket 4..(sellers picture)? Worth a try or total garbage? I see missing:
-keyboard connector
-crystal
-2 caps
But apart of this it looks repairable? Anybody can identify it?

s-l1600 (5).jpg
Filename
s-l1600 (5).jpg
File size
821.02 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 28614 of 52688, by McBierle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Today came 4 AGP cards and another ess soundcard:

WP_20190510_007.jpg
Filename
WP_20190510_007.jpg
File size
743.28 KiB
Views
File license
WP_20190510_008.jpg
Filename
WP_20190510_008.jpg
File size
603.45 KiB
Views
File license

And not exactly hardware but i had to take it. TFX without the box, which dosn't matter because i bought the game when it was new, but my disks failed. I really liked that game. Well for now i'm playing dune but after that...

WP_20190510_009.jpg
Filename
WP_20190510_009.jpg
File size
591.01 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 28615 of 52688, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
dionb wrote:
Pretty spectacular haul there. […]
Show full quote

Pretty spectacular haul there.

Mine somewhat less so, but nice nonetheless:
full.jpg

Marian Marc4 MIDI high-end sound card, implemented completely in FPGAs by the look of it.
Two Unisys-branded Mouse Systems optical mice, with appropriate mouse mat.

My Unisys PW/2 Series 300 machine, came with those optical ones, as standard.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 28616 of 52688, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Now.... THIS is NOT the way, to ship an original 1983 SID-Chip. Absolutely no antistatic/ESR protection at all. And taking into account how rare these 1983 chips have gotten!!! 😵 Hope it works, yet I have no way of telling, before I recieve the sockets that I have ordered.

IMG_20190510_104146753.jpg
Filename
IMG_20190510_104146753.jpg
File size
474 KiB
Views
File license

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 28617 of 52688, by mothergoose729

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just bought a few goodies for my new 775 board 😁

Intel 6500k. This is a pentium dual core model from the wolfdale family. A special skew was released in china with an unlocked multiplier. I believe this is the fast 1066mhz FSB processor (on a per core basis) released for 775.
L_00002548.jpg

I also bought some DDR2 667mhz memory. I would prefer to get 800mhz, but they are impossible to find in 256mb DIMMs. I expect my DDR memory will probably run better, but it was worth a experimenting with for a few dollars.

s-l1600.jpg

I also bought a Xigamtek Dark Night II CPU cooler. I had an original Xigamtek 3 heat pipe setup for my 775 board back in the day. This listing came with a Noctua fan, so it was a no brainer.

s-l1600.jpg

Reply 28619 of 52688, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
stalk3r wrote:
brostenen wrote:

Absolutely no antistatic/ESR protection at all.

I receive hardware wrapped in newspaper pretty often. It's common around here.

Actually newspaper is pretty good - its electrical characteristics are almost exactly the same as antistatic bags (i.e. it conducts very, very badly, but nonzero - so ESD-safe) and a few layers of it give better mechanical protection than a bag.

Compared to some of the other packaging I sometimes see, newspaper is one of my favorites.