Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Ozzuneoj wrote on 2021-03-16, 17:49:
*sigh* […]
Show full quote

*sigh*

Guys... I could cry.

This is... or was... a Sony CPD-1302. An exceedingly rare RGB digital\analog selectable multisync monitor compatible with CGA\EGA\PGA\MDA and others.

No words...

Just.........

No words...

I feel your pain my brother! When I'll decide to buy a CRT I'll try to find one in my country and I'll go pick it up myself. I really wouldn't want to see such carnage!

Last edited by Robert B on 2021-03-16, 18:22. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 38481 of 52680, by Ozzuneoj

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I know what you mean appiah. I rarely buy monitors because of things like this. It is very hard to ship them, but... man, people have to know what a package goes through... right??

Got my refund for it already. But wow... all I can do is shake my head.

This is probably a stupid question, but is anything else likely to use the same tube as this? Is there any hope of replacing this 13" Trinitron tube from 1988?

Now for some blitting from the back buffer.

Reply 38482 of 52680, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Ozzuneoj wrote on 2021-03-16, 18:22:

I know what you mean appiah. I rarely buy monitors because of things like this. It is very hard to ship them, but... man, people have to know what a package goes through... right??

This is probably a stupid question, but is anything else likely to use the same tube as this? Is there any hope of replacing this 13" Trinitron tube from 1988?

I just looked that up before, the CPD-1404 apparently uses the same tube but that is probably equally rare, there might be others.
there might also be a few with "compatible" tubes idk

Reply 38483 of 52680, by Ozzuneoj

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
imi wrote on 2021-03-16, 18:27:
Ozzuneoj wrote on 2021-03-16, 18:22:

I just looked that up before, the CPD-1404 apparently uses the same tube but that is probably equally rare, there might be others.
there might also be a few with "compatible" tubes idk

How did you find that they use the same tube? Just curious.

Reply 38485 of 52680, by Warlord

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

snagged this under appreciated card. Because its rare.

EVGA 7900 GTO, not actual card. but looks like this one.

Basically identicle to a 7900 GTX but with underclocked fast 1.1ns Samsung BJ11 GDDR3 performance is between a 7800GTX and a 7900GTX and above a 7950 GT

Plan to put it in my 915 chipset build.

Attachments

• gto.jpg
    Filename
    gto.jpg
    File size
    75.69 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 38491 of 52680, by SteveC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Bit different - Another random purchase from eBay for just a few pounds.

mx1004.PNG
Filename
mx1004.PNG
File size
648.42 KiB
Views
File license

It's an IBM/ISS Proventia MX1004 firewall - I'm going to try and upgrade it as much as possible and run Sophos XG firewall on it.

I believe it's a Celeron 600Mhz or something inside with a normal looking 2.5" hard drive according to this picture I found.

mx1004 2.PNG
Filename
mx1004 2.PNG
File size
446.47 KiB
Views
File license

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/StevesTechShed
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SteveTechShed

Reply 38492 of 52680, by Ozzuneoj

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
SteveC wrote on 2021-03-16, 20:31:
Bit different - Another random purchase from eBay for just a few pounds. mx1004.PNG […]
Show full quote

mx1004.PNG

It's an IBM/ISS Proventia MX1004 firewall - I'm going to try and upgrade it as much as possible and run Sophos XG firewall on it.

I believe it's a Celeron 600Mhz or something inside with a normal looking 2.5" hard drive according to this picture I found.

mx1004 2.PNG

I'm not at all familiar with older networking gear. What would you use that firewall for? Just to protect older machines? I can't imagine that a firewall from the 90s can keep up with modern loads. Does it have 100mbit ethernet at least or is the interface upgradeable to 1gbit?

Genuinely curious. 😀

Reply 38493 of 52680, by SteveC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Ozzuneoj wrote on 2021-03-16, 20:51:
SteveC wrote on 2021-03-16, 20:31:
Bit different - Another random purchase from eBay for just a few pounds. mx1004.PNG […]
Show full quote

mx1004.PNG

mx1004 2.PNG

I'm not at all familiar with older networking gear. What would you use that firewall for? Just to protect older machines? I can't imagine that a firewall from the 90s can keep up with modern loads. Does it have 100mbit ethernet at least or is the interface upgradeable to 1gbit?

Genuinely curious. 😀

I'll find out when I get it 😀 There are 4 gig ethernet interfaces so I'm hoping it can be useful. I'm using an old IGEL Thin client at the moment but it's a bit of a hack job.
I have a couple different networks at home e.g. servers, few different WiFis (like one locked down that my daugher's iPad is on). I host my own email etc at home too so I need something to protect the servers from the outside world.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/StevesTechShed
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SteveTechShed

Reply 38496 of 52680, by CMB75

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yesterday, I got an ASUS P/I-P6NP5 rev. 1.41 mainboard with a PPro SL22T and 64 MB of EDO DRAM. It does come with a cooler which has a rather pragmatic approach to power the fan.

PentiumPro-ASUS-P6NP5.jpg
Filename
File size
490.33 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

I do like the retentioning mechanism.

PentiumPro-Socket8-Retention.jpg
Filename
File size
252.09 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

Looks like someone tried to scratch some material of the heat spreader. Probably a gold digger …😉

PentiumPro-SL22T-scratches.jpg
Filename
File size
171.15 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

It will power my NT4.0 server.

Reply 38497 of 52680, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Got myself an Arduino Nano clone and an Ethernet Shield, building a plipbox fo my A500 and some friends.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 38498 of 52680, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Bought an NEC V20 D70108C-8 for my Compaq Portable 1 9n eBay (being shipped at the moment).

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 38499 of 52680, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
CMB75 wrote on 2021-03-17, 06:51:
Yesterday, I got an ASUS P/I-P6NP5 rev. 1.41 mainboard with a PPro SL22T and 64 MB of EDO DRAM. It does come with a cooler which […]
Show full quote

Yesterday, I got an ASUS P/I-P6NP5 rev. 1.41 mainboard with a PPro SL22T and 64 MB of EDO DRAM. It does come with a cooler which has a rather pragmatic approach to power the fan.
I do like the retentioning mechanism.
Looks like someone tried to scratch some material of the heat spreader. Probably a gold digger …😉
It will power my NT4.0 server.

I've seen that before, even in systems that didn't have a gold cap CPU installed. Personally I think it's because one of the previous users had some trouble mounting the heatsink and moved it around somewhat, because I've seen it in systems that had been tossed onto the streets by the previous owners. Yours is scratched pretty badly though, but socket 8 used a new and somewhat different (and incompatible) cooling solution, so perhaps the shop owner had to figure out how to mount it properly first:P

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!