VOGONS

Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 21980 of 52619, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Got myself a Yamaha PSR-310 Keyboard for $69.99 that has MIDI ports. Something you don't see on certain PSR keyboards.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 21982 of 52619, by yawetaG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Woolie Wool wrote:
appiah4 wrote:

Amiga was the future. What we are living today is a lie.

😢

So sad.

I think if Amigas were still being produced, the Amigas of the alternate timeline would be very similar to the PCs of today...

🤣

Let me present you...

...the Amiga One

Reply 21983 of 52619, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I was lucky to find this one few minutes ago:

23hk1ly.jpg

I know, i have already an Juko variant and some of those custom made cards.. But this one i never thought to find one... Yes the prices arent cheap anymore.. But what i paid for, that seems to be fair to me in this condition.

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 21984 of 52619, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
debs3759 wrote:

It's not hardware, but this arrived with my drop shipper yesterday. I have been looking for the May 1986 copy and associated code for over 10 years. Found the code last year. I'm mostly interested in seeing their code for BWE (BIOS Window Extensions), but there are a couple of interesting articles. I'm writing code for testing some of my collection.

[.img]https://image.ibb.co/jrxiqn/DDJ8605.jpg[/img]

We actually have a thread for that: Bought these (retro) software/OS today

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 21985 of 52619, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

My C64 that I won on eBay arrived today in a big box. Also received a 1/4 jack color coated (left and right separate) to 3.5mm jack for my Roland MT-32 that I ordered on Amazon.

Reply 21986 of 52619, by vlask

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Evans & Sutherland AccelGALAXY 20+16MB of memory. Sadly without heatsink. Still works with proper external cooling.

Attachments

• accelgalaxy.jpg
    Filename
    accelgalaxy.jpg
    File size
    134.34 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Not only mine graphics cards collection at http://www.vgamuseum.info

Reply 21987 of 52619, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So I was very happy some time ago when I found and bought the same computer case as I had when I was young, after looking for quite some time.

So, as these thing apparently go, I found anf bought another one yesterday. This one also has approximately the same insides as the one I had when I was young, and is also in great condition. 🤣 386 SX 16MHz, 1 or 2 MB of memory, 46MB Harddisk (not working so far, might need some percussive maintenance). Came with a nice matching VGA monitor, really yellowed though.

e1xHHvDl.jpg

SX 16 Powerrrr:

8ln69atl.jpg?1

Cjk4ctul.jpg?1

This will need some quick intervention though. I hope I have time tonight to dig it out...

icWRisAl.jpg?1

EDIT: imgur isn't working at the moment. I should move image hosting to somewhere else.

EDIT2: Seems to be working again. Should attach to Vogons in the future.

Last edited by Cyrix200+ on 2018-02-19, 08:14. Edited 2 times in total.

1982 to 2001

Reply 21988 of 52619, by CkRtech

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Cyrix200+ wrote:

EDIT: imgur isn't working at the moment. I should move image hosting to somewhere else.

You could use vogons and attach the pics to your post. Good for maintaining the pics over time as well as sizing them to the browser window automatically.

Displaced Gamers (YouTube) - DOS Gaming Aspect Ratio - 320x200 || The History of 240p || Dithering on the Sega Genesis with Composite Video

Reply 21989 of 52619, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Cyrix200+ wrote:
So I was very happy some time ago when I found and bought the same computer case as I had when I was young, after looking for qu […]
Show full quote

So I was very happy some time ago when I found and bought the same computer case as I had when I was young, after looking for quite some time.

So, as these thing apparently go, I found anf bought another one yesterday. This one also has approximately the same insides as the one I had when I was young, and is also in great condition. 🤣 386 SX 16MHz, 1 or 2 MB of memory, 46MB Harddisk (not working so far, might need some percussive maintenance). Came with a nice matching VGA monitor, really yellowed though.

e1xHHvDl.jpg

SX 16 Powerrrr:

[...]

That case must have been very popular in NL >25y ago. My first thought when I saw this was that you had bought the one on Marktplaats (NL Craigslist-equivalent) since Saturday claiming to be a 286 - but nope, double-checked and it's slightly different (it has a CDRom and a Shitec badge instead of Target). So there's still one more out there 😉

Reply 21990 of 52619, by SpectriaForce

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There actually were several of those on MP last week. I’ve also picked one up, it is too a 386SX with what looks to be the same motherboard but with 1 MB, OAK VGA, Seagate 3.5” HDD, different case badge etc. Mine cost nothing except for petrol and some beer for the previous owner 😊

The case is of pretty high quality. Mine is not even discolorated.

Reply 21992 of 52619, by blurks

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

ATI Graphics Ultra Pro (2048 kB, ISA, Mach32)

Attachments

• IMG_8908.JPG
    Filename
    IMG_8908.JPG
    File size
    305.08 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • IMG_8909.JPG
    Filename
    IMG_8909.JPG
    File size
    291.53 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • IMG_8906.JPG
    Filename
    IMG_8906.JPG
    File size
    332.47 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 21993 of 52619, by blurks

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Trident TGUI9680-1 (1024 kB, PCI)

Attachments

• IMG_8911.JPG
    Filename
    IMG_8911.JPG
    File size
    234.93 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • IMG_8912.JPG
    Filename
    IMG_8912.JPG
    File size
    297.46 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • IMG_8913.JPG
    Filename
    IMG_8913.JPG
    File size
    318.21 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 21994 of 52619, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
MMaximus wrote:
Picked up this lot yesterday... It's gonna take me a while to get through all these! […]
Show full quote

Picked up this lot yesterday... It's gonna take me a while to get through all these!

fPZ9QFpl.jpg

Wow, i'm sure that not only you'll find nice goodies inside you also get nice AT desktop cases too. Would love me one of them cases.

Reply 21995 of 52619, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
dionb wrote:

<snip>
That case must have been very popular in NL >25y ago. My first thought when I saw this was that you had bought the one on Marktplaats (NL Craigslist-equivalent) since Saturday claiming to be a 286 - but nope, double-checked and it's slightly different (it has a CDRom and a Shitec badge instead of Target). So there's still one more out there 😉

SpectriaForce wrote:

There actually were several of those on MP last week. I’ve also picked one up, it is too a 386SX with what looks to be the same motherboard but with 1 MB, OAK VGA, Seagate 3.5” HDD, different case badge etc. Mine cost nothing except for petrol and some beer for the previous owner 😊

This one was also on Marktplaats, the previous one also was on Marktplaats. There is one left there now, the 286 in Rotterdam.

SpectriaForce, where did you get yours? I must have missed that ad.

And I can confirm the quality is very high. Mine are also not discolored. I think the plastic is of a type that isn't prone to that. The case is compact but therefore also very cramped. I believe it also doesn't support all possible ISA slot positions.

1982 to 2001

Reply 21996 of 52619, by MMaximus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
carlostex wrote:
MMaximus wrote:

Picked up this lot yesterday... It's gonna take me a while to get through all these!

Wow, i'm sure that not only you'll find nice goodies inside you also get nice AT desktop cases too. Would love me one of them cases.

I started going through them. Didn't find another CL Eagle II VGA like in the previous lot - all the 286 desktops seem to have the same kind of Paradise 8 bit VGA (pending further investigation). On the other hand the badly yellowed desktop apparently sports a 486SX33 VLB Mobo with an ET4000AX and the small tower to the left has an ASUS TX97-E - stuff I've never owned before but am quite interested in.

My plan is to clean all these, replace the CMOS batteries and get them running again if it's within my skills. Then I'll keep some for myself and sell the rest (parts, complete systems or cases).

But before that I need to finish dealing with this lot I bought more than a year ago and only started working on 😵

n7qZPG4l.jpg

Hard Disk Sounds

Reply 21997 of 52619, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
CkRtech wrote:
Cyrix200+ wrote:

You could use vogons and attach the pics to your post. Good for maintaining the pics over time as well as sizing them to the browser window automatically.

Vogons changed the file size requirements and the maximum is 2MB instead of whatever it was previously.

Reply 21999 of 52619, by SpectriaForce

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Cyrix200+ wrote:
This one was also on Marktplaats, the previous one also was on Marktplaats. There is one left there now, the 286 in Rotterdam. […]
Show full quote
dionb wrote:

<snip>

SpectriaForce wrote:

This one was also on Marktplaats, the previous one also was on Marktplaats. There is one left there now, the 286 in Rotterdam.

SpectriaForce, where did you get yours? I must have missed that ad.

And I can confirm the quality is very high. Mine are also not discolored. I think the plastic is of a type that isn't prone to that. The case is compact but therefore also very cramped. I believe it also doesn't support all possible ISA slot positions.

Mine was most difficult to find (I've seen the other ads as well), it was part of a lot of old pc's. The seller had a silver plastic crap pc as the main photo. I negotiated the deal extremely quickly and was one of the first to see the ad 😊