VOGONS

Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 1680 of 52680, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Bought this off a local shop new in box for $25 and when looking through the book there could be Win98/ME support.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?It … N82E16813135027

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 1681 of 52680, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just got my cousin in the US to ship me some stuff I've been buying the last couple of months (from pesky Ebay or other sellers who won't ship internationally, or charge crazy shipping prices). I guess Xmas came early this year 😀

2012-11-29%2012.44.55_small.jpg

In picture:
Boxed Midiman MM-401
New sealed Matrox Millennium 2MB
Boxed (and looking new) ATI 3D Xpression+ 2MB SGRAM
Videologic PowerVR PCX1
Intergraph Intense 3D 100 Rendition V1000-E
Voodoo5 5500 64mb PCI /w driver CD

Bunch of Rice Crispies Treats with marshmellow... they are way too tasty, and they are only sold in north america..

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 1682 of 52680, by bestemor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You lucky bastard !!!!

Umm... any chance your cousin can handle more US-trade ?? 😊
<hint-hint>

And, how do you buy the stuff, I mean address wise - paypal/credit card and all those demands for 'verified' paypal address etc... ?

And you have to make a special ebay account with a US address, right ?

Reply 1683 of 52680, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

"Bunch of Rice Crispies Treats with marshmellow... they are way too tasty, and they are only sold in north america.."

My ex-gf in England had a thing for Reese's Pieces. Apparently, they are hard to get over there. She sent me all kinds of things like Yorkies, Curly Wurlys, Walkers Crisps, Jaffa Cakes, got me hooked on all that stuff and now I can't get any of it here unless I pay through the nose for it.

Reply 1685 of 52680, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
bestemor wrote:
You lucky bastard !!!! […]
Show full quote

You lucky bastard !!!!

Umm... any chance your cousin can handle more US-trade ?? 😊
<hint-hint>

And, how do you buy the stuff, I mean address wise - paypal/credit card and all those demands for 'verified' paypal address etc... ?

And you have to make a special ebay account with a US address, right ?

If I can buy it with my regular Ebay account, I'll do that, but some requires a confirmed US shipping address. I'll have my cousin buy it for me then with her Ebay account. Then I just transfer the money to her over PayPal. Not everything is Ebay though, most is from recyclers which sell items cheap.

She is pretty busy nowadays, I had to wait almost 2 months for her to ship those items in the picture, so I'm afraid I can't ask for more trade.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 1686 of 52680, by m1919

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I like WinFast cards. Just got this in today. 😁

winfasta380256mb.jpg

winfasta380256mb2.jpg

Crimson Tide - EVGA 1000P2; ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS; 2x E5-2697 v3 14C 3.8 GHz on all cores (All core hack); 64GB Samsung DDR4-2133 ECC
EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3; EVGA 750 Ti SC; Sound Blaster Z

Reply 1688 of 52680, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Get some vinegar on to that Ti chip just right of the battery, neutralise the battery leakage that's going up that corner leg.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 1690 of 52680, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
keropi wrote:
http://i45.tinypic.com/30m0383.jpg […]
Show full quote

30m0383.jpg

I must report that this adapter works PERFECT.
CTMOUSE reports the mouse as a "Microsoft mode" one and everything I tried worked fine, no lag - no input delay whatsoever. The green led also flickers when there is mouse activity LOL
I don't know if "microsoft mode" has problems with any games/apps but I don't see why...
So basically if one sees a "RARITAN CONVERTER FOR SERIAL MOUSE" "Serial Port to PS/2 Mouse Converter for MasterConsole" grab it if the price is nice ;)

You will be very disappointed with the mouse tracking lag in Windows. It was very difficult to navigate any menus in Win2k. It gets worse at higher resolutions. The issue is with an initial acceleration lag of maybe half a second, so you end up over-shooting all the menus unless you track very slowly. I found even the Vetra Sytems converter to be more tolerable than this one, but find a standard serial mouse much better than both these units. Keropi tested his unit in DOS only, so if that's all you intend to use, then this converter might be for you.

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 1691 of 52680, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Couple of REAL nice acquisitions this week.

😁

** BOXED ** CT3980 - Sound Blaster AWE32

img0152ct.jpg
img0155pd.jpg
img0157cl.jpg
img0158bz.jpg
img0166gy.jpg

** BOXED ** ROLAND LAPC-I

img0140uy.jpg
img0143rm.jpg
img0146lc.jpg

** BOXED ** ROLAND MCB-1 Interface
img0148ty.jpg
img0150is.jpg

** BOXED ** ROLAND SCD-15/SCB-55 Daughterboard

dscf6705p.jpg
dscf6710.jpg
dscf6712.jpg
dscf6717v.jpg
dscf6724e.jpg

Last edited by Artex on 2012-12-08, 16:57. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1694 of 52680, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

LAPC-I & MCB-1 = Not cheap, but I paid more for my boxed Ensoniq SoundScape Elite. I needed these to complete my Roland collection though, so I can't feel too bad. 🤑

The CT3980 was surprisingly cheap, but the box isn't in too good of shape. I found that the seller included extra memory though! This one came from Malaysia though with no tracking info - so I'm just happy it made its way here.

The Roland SCD-15 wasn't too bad either - much less than for some of the unboxed versions I've seen on eBay and Craigslist, but the dude was in Italy so I paid more for shipping.

Reply 1695 of 52680, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Does the LAPC work in modern systems? I remember reading something about ISA voltage or such, CMIIW.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 1696 of 52680, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

Does the LAPC work in modern systems? I remember reading something about ISA voltage or such, CMIIW.

Are there any modern motherboards with ISA slots not counting industrial systems?

Reply 1697 of 52680, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
sliderider wrote:
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

Are there any modern motherboards with ISA slots not counting industrial systems?

No, there are no consumer boards that had ISA support since the socket A days. The newest that I can find was a few industrial boards during the 478 era but that is it.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 1698 of 52680, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

On modern systems you are much better off with an external MT-32 and a USB MIDI adapter.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel