User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Batyra wrote:
About hour ago package arrived :) […]
Show full quote

About hour ago package arrived 😀

It supposed to be Synergy ViperMax... but it happened to be Gravis Ultrasound Extreme - I'm even more happy.
Card came together wit GUS MAX 1.8 with manual and floppy disks adn Media Expert MED3201 (green one) PnP clone.
My version in the early besed on Am78C201KC.

Filnaly my gus collction is complete 😁 now is time for clones, missing revisions, daughterboards and... boxes...

Nice find... Hope you did not pay an arm and a leg for that. 😁

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 15421 of 52737, by Batyra

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
brostenen wrote:
Batyra wrote:
About hour ago package arrived :) […]
Show full quote

About hour ago package arrived 😀

It supposed to be Synergy ViperMax... but it happened to be Gravis Ultrasound Extreme - I'm even more happy.
Card came together wit GUS MAX 1.8 with manual and floppy disks adn Media Expert MED3201 (green one) PnP clone.
My version in the early besed on Am78C201KC.

Filnaly my gus collction is complete 😁 now is time for clones, missing revisions, daughterboards and... boxes...

Nice find... Hope you did not pay an arm and a leg for that. 😁

I've boutgh all three at once - so it was easier to negiotiate the price - and I found them on my regional market (so without shipping cost) - so the price was quite small when compared to eBay or Amibay...

My GUS colletion now looks like that:
(photo attached)

Attachments

• BATYRA_GUS_Collection.jpg
    Filename
    BATYRA_GUS_Collection.jpg
    File size
    442.24 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    From Top: GUS Classic 2.4 & 3.73, MAX 1.8, ACE 1.0, PnP & PnP pro, GUS Extreme & ExpertColor MED3201
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Visit my website: http://www.collection.batyra.pl

Reply 15422 of 52737, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Wow, niiiice! 😀 Congratulations on that deal!

Fortex, the A3D & XG/OPL3 accelerator (Vortex 2 + YMF744 combo sound card)
AWE64 Legacy
Please have a look at my wishlist (hosted on Amibay)

Reply 15423 of 52737, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Batyra, very impressive! 😁
I don't even have a single GUS 🤣, nicely done 😁

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 15424 of 52737, by Batyra

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks all!
GUS' are my favorite 😀
and Yamaha too... and... Guillemot and... 😁 hehehe

Classic 3.7 is on the way also (the first one with hardware mixer) (bought it for about $60 with shipping and I don't have that revision yet). Now my goal is to find a GUS daughterboard and upgrade some of my GUS'es to box versions...

The moast "beautifull" is definetly Classic 2.4 - without a question. The nicest in use is ACE...

Reply 15425 of 52737, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Batyra wrote:

Cool.... That's an awesomme collection. Great job on that.

Personally, I would not mind a full sized GUS classic or something.
Though I fear it will not be used, so for me they are just too expensive.
Useability versus pricetag, as not that many games support it after 94/95.

Reply 15426 of 52737, by Batyra

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
brostenen wrote:
Cool.... That's an awesomme collection. Great job on that. […]
Show full quote
Batyra wrote:

Cool.... That's an awesomme collection. Great job on that.

Personally, I would not mind a full sized GUS classic or something.
Though I fear it will not be used, so for me they are just too expensive.
Useability versus pricetag, as not that many games support it after 94/95.

That's true... those compatibility issuses are annoying... that is why GUS ACE is great - because you use it with some other card... I use with AWE32 with Yamaha DB50XG connected so I have 3 sound standards I can choose in game...
In my collection I focus only on socket 5/7 as base platform... starting with P75 so games supporting GUS it's circa that time period...

Reply 15427 of 52737, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Batyra wrote:

That's true... those compatibility issuses are annoying... that is why GUS ACE is great - because you use it with some other card... I use with AWE32 with Yamaha DB50XG connected so I have 3 sound standards I can choose in game...
In my collection I focus only on socket 5/7 as base platform... starting with P75 so games supporting GUS it's circa that time period...

More or less... I would use them in 386 to 486 machines instead, as I regard the hayday of GUS as around 1991 to 1993.
That's only aprox a span of 2 years. For 5x86/P75 and faster up to P-II, I would choose SB16's or AWE's.
(or something like that)

Reply 15428 of 52737, by Batyra

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
brostenen wrote:
More or less... I would use them in 386 to 486 machines instead, as I regard the hayday of GUS as around 1991 to 1993. That's on […]
Show full quote
Batyra wrote:

More or less... I would use them in 386 to 486 machines instead, as I regard the hayday of GUS as around 1991 to 1993.
That's only aprox a span of 2 years. For 5x86/P75 and faster up to P-II, I would choose SB16's or AWE's.
(or something like that)

You're right. P75 is 1994... but I have sentiment I cant resist 😀 so I focus only on Socket 5/7

Reply 15429 of 52737, by jheronimus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
meljor wrote:
5,5x multi is an undocumented setting on some boards and can often be found and used. The 6x multi you get by selecting the 2x m […]
Show full quote

5,5x multi is an undocumented setting on some boards and can often be found and used. The 6x multi you get by selecting the 2x multi. The amd will ''see'' this as 6x internally.
On this page there is a bios for that board with support for the mobile k6+ cpu's: http://web.inter.nl.net/hcc/J.Steunebrink/k6plus.htm

IMPORTANT: make sure the board has the right (switching) voltage regulator that can handle the v3 3000 agp. Some boards have that problem and it can damage the card or the board or just be unstable/not post, these have a linear voltage regulator. If the regulator is too weak you can use up to regular TNT2,voodoo banshee or maybe v3 2000.
No tnt2 ultra, Highend Geforce or v3 3000, or stick to pci cards.

Yeah, well, the board did boot with the V3, but the AT keyboard just doesn't work. The motherboard detects all the drives, checks the memory all right and then gives me a CMOS error and doesn't react to any keypress at any point during this process. I've tried different keyboards, different batteries, tried resetting the CMOS — nothing. I've googled keyboard issues with this board and looks like dead AT controller is a pretty common issue that can't be solved without some soldering skills (of which I have non).

MR BIOS catalog
Unicore catalog

Reply 15431 of 52737, by vlask

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Got some medical use mystery cards (radiology)....sadly Eizo have driver download only for registered users and cannot find any info for Fuji...

Eizo VREngine/SMD5-PCI
WRjD8Fh.jpg

Fuji DVI01?
5vFqQku.jpg
kCIw7w0.jpg

and as bonus i got one card with easy identify but quite unusual bus....

Imll6wG.jpg

Not only mine graphics cards collection at http://www.vgamuseum.info

Reply 15432 of 52737, by tikoellner

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Nowadays Batyra totally dominated Polish thrift market for ISA soundcards. 😵 Kidding.

I have my humble purchas to show. Absolutely nothing special (386sx-40|), but just look how small this guy is:

be1d209d4b8d914a2120cee37e89_zpsxfxnzu09.jpg

2b363e134c70a07246ed93f3b28d_zps7blripv4.jpg

Reply 15433 of 52737, by Batyra

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
tikoellner wrote:

Nowadays Batyra totally dominated Polish thrift market for ISA soundcards. 😵 Kidding.

😁 just a few lucky shots... that's all... I promise it won't happen again soon... I'm broke now 😵

Reply 15434 of 52737, by yawetaG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vlask wrote:

Got some medical use mystery cards (radiology)....sadly Eizo have driver download only for registered users and cannot find any info for Fuji...

These likely are interface cards for driving the imaging hardware used for taking X-rays. They probably can only be used together with the imaging hardware and software, which due to the radiation used require special permits and safety measures, and anyway would be completely out of reach for a normal consumer due to their price (starting at at least US$ 10,000...).

The more interesting imaging solutions for computer enthusiasts are those used for normal microscopy. These usually use a firewire card coupled with a special high-resolution camera and specialized imaging software, and mount to a normal microscope using an adapter.

Reply 15435 of 52737, by kanecvr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
yawetaG wrote:
vlask wrote:

These likely are interface cards for driving the imaging hardware used for taking X-rays. They probably can only be used together with the imaging hardware and software, which due to the radiation used require special permits and safety measures, and anyway would be completely out of reach for a normal consumer due to their price (starting at at least US$ 10,000...).

The more interesting imaging solutions for computer enthusiasts are those used for normal microscopy. These usually use a firewire card coupled with a special high-resolution camera and specialized imaging software, and mount to a normal microscope using an adapter.

The Eizo VREngine uses an ATI, nvidia or Matrox chipset - depending on age and version. generic drivers will work, but it won't be anything special. The computer built into the phillips based italian x-ray machine we use at my mon's radiology clinic uses an odd nvidia quadro 2000D with a 2gb!!! framebuffer (custom card for phillips?) alongside some dedicated PCI-E hardware witch is hooked up via an internal flex cable to the quadro card adn receives input from the x-ray imaging sensor in the machine trough a Vesa enhanced video connector . The computer itself is a LGA 1366 xeon running at 2.6 GHz (basically an i7 920) with 12GB of ECC DDR3 ram (originally had 6 in 2011 when it was new but I upgraded it to 12). I recently moved the OS to an SSD because the particle generator kept messing with the magnetic disk drives, even tough they are very well screened and the computer is not in the same room as the emitter (it's actually behind an 80cm lead screened wall).

The second card is some sort of accelerator witch I believe would be connected to the VRengine, either externally trough the DVI-like ports, or internally via flex/ribbon cable like in the case of my Quadro 2000D.

Take the heatsink off and see what's under it, or plug it in, install aida64 and google the hardware ID, but don't expect anything special. In your case the PCI cards seem to use a matrox chipset, probably a G500/G550, and the blue PCI-E card is a simple generic display adapter, either a FireGL V3300 or a Radeon HD 2400 PCI.

Last edited by kanecvr on 2017-01-09, 23:50. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 15436 of 52737, by Matth79

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vlask wrote:
Got some medical use mystery cards (radiology)....sadly Eizo have driver download only for registered users and cannot find any […]
Show full quote

Eizo VREngine/SMD5-PCI
WRjD8Fh.jpg

Looks a possible ... http://www.doubleblackimaging.com/downloads/software/

Reply 15437 of 52737, by kanecvr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The first card looks like a matrox graphics card - the second looks like an "image grabber" - a card that collects data from the medical imaging device it's connected to - be it xray, CT, MRI or even an ultrasound machine - the latter being most likely since it has silicon image chips on it. Did you by any chance pull it out of an ultrasound? Digital x-ray is pretty new, and I don't see how PCI cards would be used for it - as far as I know all image grabber cards for x-ray machines are PCI-E, 2006 onward (since it's about that time that they introduced fully digital x-ray machines) - BUT there are older CT, MRI and ultrasound machines used PCI cards.

Reply 15438 of 52737, by kixs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

My recent CPU/FPU purchases amounted to this (and joins the other 200++ cpus in my collection):

nUy70hxl.jpg

None tested so far. But I expect them to work fine 😀

Requests are also possible... /msg kixs