Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 980 of 52362, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

just won a P5BV3+ Rev.C mobo for 1eur on eBay... I hope the seller sends it 🤣

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 982 of 52362, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I bet it's faster (how much is a mystery though), IMHO it would be easier for the hardware designers to make a custom/direct connection to the vga part than making an interface to simulate a 2nd pci card for the pcx2 and transfer data twice pcx2->bus->vga ...

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 984 of 52362, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
shspvr wrote:

sliderider I was talk about the Voodoo Card not PowerVR none of the Voodoo card need a 2D Host card

Voodoo 1 and 2 don't do 2D, so yes, you do need a 2D card with them. How do you see the desktop to load the games without one?

Reply 985 of 52362, by shspvr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

There is one that 3dfx or Quantum3D made apps the run on Voodoo I think it was Arcade Game Menu Launcher so that more then one game could be played
There are other way to do it with batch file where type name of the game.

Last edited by shspvr on 2012-03-28, 00:30. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 986 of 52362, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Irrelevant offtopicness shspvr. He got a PVR card. He didn't get a Quantum3d card with a glide-only frontend, and don't you dare mention that stupid novelty voodoo display driver for X11..

Last edited by leileilol on 2012-03-28, 00:29. Edited 1 time in total.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 987 of 52362, by shspvr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
leileilol wrote:

Irrelevant offtopicness shspvr. He got a PVR card. He didn't get a Quantum3d card with a glide-only frontend..

leileilol you wrote
That's right
Like the Voodoo, it needs a host card to work, but unfortunately its bus transfer method has a tight bandwidth bottleneck

What I'm saying it is not like Voodoo card not even close to it

Reply 989 of 52362, by schlang

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

g0t too much time tonight you two, eh?

PC#1: K6-III+ 400 | 512MB | Geforce4 | Voodoo1 | SB Live | AWE64 | GUS PNP Pro
PC#2: 486DX2-66 | 64MB | Riva128 | AWE64 | GUS PNP | PAS16
PC#3: 386DX-40 | 32MB | CL-GD5434 | SB Pro | GUS MAX | PAS16

Think you know your games music? Show us: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37532

Reply 990 of 52362, by shspvr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You are where that the Voodoo card have primary video pass-thru that is on detached chip device so when ever the 3fdx card in on it disable primary video pass-thru and take over the Monitor in fact you DO NOT NEED the Primary pass-thru cable hook up at all you can hook the Voodoo 1 and 2 to a 2nd Monitor.
Do recall DirectX Voodoo2 Windows 2000 Beta 1.00.00 Driver?.
Read Readme.txt
So in end 3dfx didn't want do Glide or OpenGL at time when it was call WinNT5 I was beta test for both MS and 3fdx at that time that how I end up redid voodoo 2 driver and other card along the way and got Glide and OpenGL work long before they start try get DirectX working.
I had it working just fine just like in WinNT4 where we had detached device mode.

Reply 991 of 52362, by ProfessorProfessorson

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
shspvr wrote:

So in end 3dfx didn't want do Glide or OpenGL at time when it was call WinNT5 I was beta test for both MS and 3fdx at that time

And here we were thinking you were busy learning lots of stuff at HP in Idaho all that time. Now you're a beta tester for MS and 3DFX also ehh?

Reply 992 of 52362, by tannerstevo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sliderider wrote:
No, you need another video card because the PCX and PCX2 don't have a VGA out. […]
Show full quote
shspvr wrote:
leileilol wrote:

That's right
Like the Voodoo, it needs a host card to work, but unfortunately its bus transfer method has a tight bandwidth bottleneck

No not Like Voodoo card they work with out 2D Host card

No, you need another video card because the PCX and PCX2 don't have a VGA out.

matrox_m3d_3.jpg

Another huge fucking picture courtesy of fucking sliderider.

Reply 993 of 52362, by shspvr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
ProfessorProfessorson wrote:
shspvr wrote:

So in end 3dfx didn't want do Glide or OpenGL at time when it was call WinNT5 I was beta test for both MS and 3fdx at that time

And here we were thinking you were busy learning lots of stuff at HP in Idaho all that time. Now you're a beta tester for MS and 3DFX also ehh?

Yup let see at HP in 1993, MSbeta tester 1995 start with 95SP1 thur ME NT4, Win2000, XP drop out Vista beta, 3dfx 1997 up in tell they close the door my frist card was aka Voodoo Rush which you know who how that turn out hehe it wasn't pettey picture that for sure.
Was with SageTV and SnapStream but I'm still with Hauppauge like done PVR and HVR and HD-PVR and so on.

tannerstevo what wrong with huge picture courtesy of sliderider which by the way I like but for some reason you didn't like a huge picture but you did even remove it from your own reply.

Reply 994 of 52362, by ProfessorProfessorson

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Honestly I'm surprised any North American company would hire someone with possibly the worst English grammar skill set known to man. English is clearly not your first, or even second language I dare say. I seriously get the feeling before you post that you are just having it run though some broken version of Google Translate to torture me. It's too bad too, because I love to read about IRL peoples prior work at companies, but I don't think I could bear to read through yours if you posted about it. Half of what you have posted so far has been inaccurate or wonky nonsense it seems like anyway, so I am having doubt about much of anything you say.

Reply 995 of 52362, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Gotta agree shspvr, your stream of consciousness posts are very hard to read, perhaps you could try slapping the odd comma in every now and then?

Can't argue with this logic though:

shspvr wrote:

for some reason you didn't like a huge picture but you did even remove it from your own reply.

Reply 996 of 52362, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I do agree that such large pictures are unnecessary. I browse this site on my phone and the large photos are an annoyance. I always resize my photos to a moderate size before I post them.

I also agree that shspvr's posts are difficult to read. To the extent that I've started skipping over them. They're like word salad.

Please, for your own benefit, (so as other members actually read your posts and take you seriously), pay attention to proper spelling, punctuation and grammar.

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 997 of 52362, by shspvr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That maybe ture I have worst english grammar skill but it not all about english grammar I can read I just can't do english grammar and used to talk direct over the phone but now days it very little I usely just do video capture becuases my hearing condition that has progressed more over the years and phone is get harder to work with and with one good eye getting worse to, so if you ever meet someone that deaf/blind then I hope you know what I'm ref to things can't alway be rigth.

Reply 998 of 52362, by tannerstevo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
badmofo wrote:

Gotta agree shspvr, your stream of consciousness posts are very hard to read, perhaps you could try slapping the odd comma in every now and then?

Can't argue with this logic though:

shspvr wrote:

for some reason you didn't like a huge picture but you did even remove it from your own reply.

Because I am sick of fucking sliderider and I would like to see his sorry ass fucking BANNED

Reply 999 of 52362, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

so much love in this thread....

9zn2gy.jpg

I hope a mod can take all this love and put it in a special place soon, it's too much to handle 🤣