Topic actions

Reply 23182 of 52669, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Oh now I see it... Thanks
Still weird it's not using he the same vpus though

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 23183 of 52669, by Batyra

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

And here two another things...

A-Trend ATC62545... Nice red PCB (I have crush on non standardt pcb colors for socket 7 slot 1) and both Voodoo 3 and Yamaha XG on board:

red one.jpg
Filename
red one.jpg
File size
1.14 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Roland Sound Canvas SCB-7 NOS

s-l1600.jpg
Filename
s-l1600.jpg
File size
121.92 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

(photos from the net)

Visit my website: http://www.collection.batyra.pl

Reply 23184 of 52669, by JLPedro

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Batyra wrote:
And here two another things... […]
Show full quote

A-Trend ATC62545... Nice red PCB (I have crush on non standardt pcb colors for socket 7 slot 1) and both Voodoo 3 and Yamaha XG on board:

red one.jpg

Roland Sound Canvas SCB-7 NOS

s-l1600.jpg

(photos from the net)

Now that's one nice motherboard! Excelent

Reply 23185 of 52669, by Murugan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Took a gamble with this one. Was advertised as Thinkpad from 2000'ish period. Working but they didn't know anything about dos.....Pictures showed just the laptop and the BIOS. Guess that's what they meant by DOS 😀
Anyway, paid 40€ for it, shipping included. Seller didn't respond to my question concerning the exact type.
Turns out that it's a Thinkpad X20 with the UltraBase X2, original PSU and original IBM mouse woohooo. Cpu is a Pentium 3-600, 320mb RAM and a 18GB harddrive. OS is Win2k. CMOS battery is empty so I will probably order another one once I find out where it's situated.
It's in pretty decent shape. Gave the outside a quick clean and rubbed the top in with some body creme to give it back it's shine (saw it on YT once with very nice results). Results are good but you still see traces of usage.
The rubber on the palmrest was all sticky so after about '45 of rubbing it like crazy with alcohol 70%, it's all shiny now except for the rims next to the keyboard. I'm going to leave it as-is since I'll need to dismantle it a bit to get to these parts.
Still need to test the CD drive and the floppy drive. Mouse pointer will be replaced too since it's quite dirty.

4FEnwRYl.jpg
kZOsUg9l.jpg
iw5q6Lol.jpg

The inside was pretty dirty so it needed a cleaning too :ppppp

WaJdGWRl.jpg

Win2k is a factory install and since I don't have the recovery disks, I decided to remove as much as possible that was on the HD from the previous owners.
The Windows sounds were missing so I had to download them and put them in the Media folder.

A good deal for me I believe.

Last edited by Murugan on 2018-04-27, 09:58. Edited 1 time in total.

My retro collection: too much...

Reply 23186 of 52669, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
PCBONEZ wrote:

Ah, yeah. - I've known about the company for at least 30 years.
That's not what I was talking about.

Would you rather have them named something in the neighbourhood of "Fook-Mei Tech" instead of Wang. 😉

Now tell me if Wang is still funny, after reading the above.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 23187 of 52669, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

@Murugan

🤣 🤣 🤣 that laptop has seen some stuff
better sanitize it first 😁

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 23188 of 52669, by Murugan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi Keropi!
Oooooh I made the exact conclusion mate 😀
That's why I am going to order a new mouse pointer :p And I rubbed it all with alcohol 70%
I checked the CD Drive but it was empty haha. These files were not on the HD 😉.

Don't know how many previous owners it had but for sure one was a physical coach at a school for sure..... 😒

My retro collection: too much...

Reply 23189 of 52669, by PCBONEZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
brostenen wrote:
PCBONEZ wrote:

Ah, yeah. - I've known about the company for at least 30 years.
That's not what I was talking about.

Would you rather have them named something in the neighbourhood of "Fook-Mei Tech" instead of Wang. 😉

Now tell me if Wang is still funny, after reading the above.

Sure, we could hook them up with Fukk yyu capacitors.
http://www.fuhjyyu.com/en/quality.html
Perhaps Long Duck Dong (from 16 Candles) can officiate the wedding.

Wang Alliance is just too funny.
One imagines a group dressed in penis costumes, tights and capes running around saving something - and wonders exactly what their superpowers might be.

GRUMPY OLD FART - On Hiatus, sort'a
Mann-Made Global Warming. - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.
You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.

Reply 23190 of 52669, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Wang... on my daily commute I cycle past a restaurant named "Wang's Flavour". Sounds delicious...

Batyra wrote:

red one.jpg

Wow, looks a lot better than the other board with V3 onboard (MS-6168). Nice catch!

They say you can tell a lot about a nation's psychology by looking at what they do on their national holiday. Some countries go in for military parades, other for mad flag-waving. Yet others simply ignore it (when did you last see an Englishman do anything significant on St. George's day?). The Dutch however spill out onto the streets (admittedly frequently wearing orange) and try to sell all their unused crap, turning the country into the world's largest flea market for a day. Today was that day, and my children wanted to go hunting for toys, so out we went into the crowds. I wasn't too optimistic about retro stuff,, particularly not in our neighbourhood, but was pleasantly surprised:

full.png

The cards all came from one seller, who didn't even have them on display. He had some early PCIe stuff that I was googling (turned out to be some GeForce 8600GT), when he asked if I was interested I told him it was a bit too new for my tastes. Then he grabbed this lot out of a bag 😁

- Asus GT630-SL-2GD3-L (GeForce GT630 2GB PCIe 8x)
- Diamond FireGL 1000 rev D (Permedia 2 8MB AGP)
- Atrend ATC-2465 (Voodoo Graphics 4MB PCI)
- Atrend ATC-2485A (Voodoo Banshee 16MB AGP)
- Creative Soundblaster 2.0 CT1350B

I actually need the new one for my daughter's PC (her old card's fan died and I couldn't find one that would fit. The rest is just nice retro goodness.

Then round the corner two schoolchildren had a pile of toys and this Commodore SK-5002W multimedia keyboard. Given its age (and rather crappy build quality) it's in remarkably good state. It's rubber dome, but so good I had to check under a key to check it wasn't Cherry Black. How a keyboard with Norwegian layout ended up here will probably forever remain a mystery, but given my disdain for actually looking at the keys that's not too relevant 😉

Reply 23193 of 52669, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
liqmat wrote:

That keyboard is kind of nifty. Kind of nice a mic is in the keyboard, but then maybe not if you're typing and talking at the same time.

Unfortunately the sound hardware in it seems dead. Can't get input from or output to either the speakers or the headphone connector :'(

The Voodoo1 isn't being detected at all on the PCI bus either. Also the CT1350B isn't responding. Fortunately I have an idea what's wrong in that last case: there's some muck on one of the feet of the tantalum capacitor at location C78. Odd thing is that it's on the back of the PCB, not the front, but checking and probably replacing that cap would seem the first thing to try.

Still, a fully working FireGL 1000 Pro and a Voodoo Banshee, as well as a nice keyboard isn't too bad either.

Reply 23194 of 52669, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Got these in the mail today.. was expecting more but those will arrive next week it seems..

Creative_Sound_Blaster_AWE64_Value_CT4500_B.jpg Inno3_D_TNT2_M64_PCI_32_MB.jpg Octek_Hercules_PVGA-1000_1_MB.jpg

Last edited by appiah4 on 2018-04-28, 20:51. Edited 1 time in total.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 23195 of 52669, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

@keropi

I have the PCI version of that card !

Unfortunately it probably has a dead VRAM chip somewhere because I often get graphical glitches, and also I don't know how to use the second out 🙁

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 23196 of 52669, by Qjimbo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
rikukos wrote:
I was missing a V4..doctor's orders (sealed) […]
Show full quote

I was missing a V4..doctor's orders (sealed)

N36mCNih.jpg?1

I'm afraid to ask how much you paid for that!

Follow me on twitter

Reply 23197 of 52669, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

4 Billion Zimbabwe Dollars (50 cents American). Jk

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 23198 of 52669, by rikukos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Qjimbo wrote:

I'm afraid to ask how much you paid for that!

Please don't, discussing prices only ends up in tears on these forums 😢 But I was pleasantly surprised about box condition - not a single flaw in it, really, really mint 😊

Reply 23199 of 52669, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Money should only be brought up in a few contexts. This is one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crARnAJv1EM

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder