Topic actions

Reply 1000 of 52793, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
tannerstevo wrote:
badmofo wrote:

Gotta agree shspvr, your stream of consciousness posts are very hard to read, perhaps you could try slapping the odd comma in every now and then?

Can't argue with this logic though:

shspvr wrote:

for some reason you didn't like a huge picture but you did even remove it from your own reply.

Because I am sick of fucking sliderider and I would like to see his sorry ass fucking BANNED

And who the fuck do you think you are that you have the right to make that determination?

And so you know, I have no idea how big the pics are because when I click on them after doing an image search, Chrome automatically resizes them in a small box in the middle of the screen. I take the link to the photo from that box.

Reply 1001 of 52793, by ProfessorProfessorson

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
shspvr wrote:

That maybe ture I have worst english grammar skill but it not all about english grammar I can read I just can't do english grammar and used to talk direct over the phone but now days it very little I usely just do video capture becuases my hearing condition that has progressed more over the years and phone is get harder to work with and with one good eye getting worse to, so if you ever meet someone that deaf/blind then I hope you know what I'm ref to things can't alway be rigth.

You seriously need to take extra time out then to proof read before you click post. Firefox seems to have a spell check that could probably do you some good, but you need to put the extra effort in to fix your post. If you seriously care enough to want to convey a message to someone, which its clear you do, then you really have to put that extra effort in towards making sure they will be able to read and understand it clearly. Being quick and sloppy just to get a post up there fast is just leaving you with extremely hard to read post. I have read some of the reviews on your site, so I know you can do better then what you are doing here. As much as you want us to be considerate of your plight, you need to try to be of ours also when we are left trying to read a difficult mess of a post.

sliderider wrote:

And so you know, I have no idea how big the pics are because when I click on them after doing an image search, Chrome automatically resizes them in a small box in the middle of the screen. I take the link to the photo from that box.

Usually when I am going to re-post someone else's pic, I just save it to desktop real fast and re-size it, then host it on photobucket. Typically the most forum friendly sizes are 1024x768 and below. Either way, its hardly what I would consider ban worthy by posting larger images. More then anything, they are just hard to view.

Reply 1002 of 52793, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This came in this week:

SD-Card to IDE Female Adapter
453422182245714.jpg
Works easier then the Transcend "Disk on module", as the DOM's are very picky about the BIOS Harddisk settings.
Also the SD-Card can easily be removed and put in a modern system to add something.
Both types only use +5 Volt power: So it is neat to just pass a wire to the usual Infrared panel +5V pin, somewhere near the power/LED connectors.

SR440BX Mainboard
3adbb8182245734.jpg
From Germany. Even came with a booklet "Medion Professional PC".
Had a Pentium-II 400MHz SL357 installed, together with 2x128MB RAM.
This board has an integrated Graphics adapter: RIVA TNT with 16MB.
I Will write some more about this Mainboard in another topic here: Intel-built 486/Pentium/PPro/PII motherboard guide

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul

Reply 1003 of 52793, by CapnCrunch53

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Crap posted in the wrong thread. How embarrassing!

Last edited by CapnCrunch53 on 2012-04-04, 01:46. Edited 1 time in total.

PCs, Macs, old and new... too much stuff.

Reply 1004 of 52793, by shspvr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
CapnCrunch53 wrote:
Found some sweet PC games today at the bookstore :D […]
Show full quote

Found some sweet PC games today at the bookstore 😁

The copies of Riven, one of my favorite games, were $5 each. Both include the guides, and the one with the nicer box includes all the other inserts as well. Never had a full boxed copy until now, so clearly I had to jump on it.

Descent Freespace was $2, but the real gems are X-wing and Tie Fighter. These are absolutely mint! $7 each. I'm ecstatic 😁

Finally, Starcraft II was the reason I went out today. Been watching a lot of Day[9] and finally decided I need the game. Got it at Gamestop using a giftcard I got for christmas. Score!

Funny this hardware not software CapnCrunch53 try here
Bought these games today

Reply 1005 of 52793, by CHiLL72

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yesterday my boxed Roland CM-32L arrived! The unit is in great condition. As I also have an MT-32 and an SC-55, I guess I can sell my CM-64 now...

Recently I also added a few MIDI daughterboards to my collection: a Terractec DREAM GSWAVE and a Terratec WaveSystem Professional. Photos are on my webpage.

Attachments

Waveblaster MIDI boards: https://waveblaster.nl - online now!

Reply 1006 of 52793, by schlang

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CHiLL72 wrote:

Yesterday my boxed Roland CM-32L arrived! The unit is in great condition.

you mean it is still "white" and not "yellowish"? 😁

PC#1: K6-III+ 400 | 512MB | Geforce4 | Voodoo1 | SB Live | AWE64 | GUS PNP Pro
PC#2: 486DX2-66 | 64MB | Riva128 | AWE64 | GUS PNP | PAS16
PC#3: 386DX-40 | 32MB | CL-GD5434 | SB Pro | GUS MAX | PAS16

Think you know your games music? Show us: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37532

Reply 1007 of 52793, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
schlang wrote:
CHiLL72 wrote:

Yesterday my boxed Roland CM-32L arrived! The unit is in great condition.

you mean it is still "white" and not "yellowish"? 😁

I hate white plastic rot. Most of my "platinum" Apple computers are yellow. I know there are products that you can use to remove the yellow, but most of those actually take layers off of the plastic making it thinner and more brittle. Supposedly it is the chemicals that are used to make the plastics non-flammable that break down when exposed to light that causes the color to change.

Reply 1008 of 52793, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
CHiLL72 wrote:

Yesterday my boxed Roland CM-32L arrived! The unit is in great condition. As I also have an MT-32 and an SC-55, I guess I can sell my CM-64 now...

Very nice!

For DOS games you basically need three MIDI modules:

- MT-32 (Old)
- CM-32L or LAPC-I
- CS-55

And you are set 😀

Reply 1012 of 52793, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I got a CT3980 AWE32 off ebay. It was really strange, too. 4 times I was outbid and 4 times the bids were withdrawn before the end. I only placed the minimum starting bid. I think maybe the seller was testing the limits of my bid and when he couldn't shill it up he decided to settle for the minimum which was probably all it was worth anyway.

If anyone remembers, I got a box with all the pack in materials for a CT3980 a few months back and have been waiting for a loose CT3980 to come up to put in it. The only other one that I have seen recently was the one with the Roland daughter card attached and I didn't think there was any way I was going to be able to afford that one so I didn't bother.

Reply 1014 of 52793, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
shspvr wrote:

Don't you just hate that sliderider

Yeah, I hate shill bidders but I hate genuine high bidders who back out at the last second even more. I have a habit of placing bids on other items after I've been outbid on one figuring it will run to the end and I won't be the winner. I've only been caught out a few times that way, but it's always inconvenient when it does happen. The opening bid was also the maximum I was willing to pay anyway, so it worked out.

Reply 1015 of 52793, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

As promised, here's some pix of the items I have so far.

At this point, the first mid-tower has:

• Asus P5A
    Pentium 200MMX
    512MB RAM
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
    Diamond Monster 3D II 12MB x 2 (SLI)
    3DFX Voodoo3 3000 (AGP)
    IDE Hard Drive
    Asus IDE Burner
    Win95C

I will probably swap out the soundcard with the Diamond Monster Sound MX300 + Yamaha daughterboard.

The second build will have:

• Asus SP97-V
    128MB RAM
    Sound Blaster 16 + Yamaha daughterboard
    Orchid Righteous 3d (Voodoo 1) 4MB
    Matrox Millenium II 8MB PCI
    IDE Hard Drive
    CD-ROM
    Win95C

List of acquired parts (as of 04/09/12)

Video Cards
    (2D) - Matrox Millenium II 8MB PCI Video Card
    (2D) - Diamond Stealth 64 Video VRAM 3200 PCI
    (2D) - Diamond Stealth 64 Video VRAM 3200 PCI
    (2D) - Diamond Stealth 64 Video
    (2D/3D) - 3DFX Voodoo3 3000 PCI
    (2D/3D) - 3DFX Voodoo3 3000 AGP
    (2D/3D) - 3DFX Voodoo3 2000 PCI
    (2D/3D) - 3DFX Voodoo5 5500 AGP
    (3D) - Orchid Righteous 3D (3DFX Voodoo) 4MB PCI
    (3D) - Diamond Monster 3D II (3DFX Voodoo 2) 12MB PCI
    (3D) - Diamond Monster 3D II (3DFX Voodoo 2) 12MB PCI
    (3D) - Gigabyte GV-N40128TE (MX 4000) 128MB AGP

Sound Cards/Daughterboards
    CT1600 (Sound Blaster PRO 2)
    CT2800 (Sound Blaster Vibra 16S)
    CT2950 (Sound Blaster Vibra 16)
    CT2950 (Sound Blaster Vibra 16) + Yamaha DB50XG
    CT4180 (Sound Blaster Vibra 16C)
    CT4760 (Sound Blaster Live!)
    SB0220 (Sound Blaster Live! 5.1) (Dell OEM)
    ES 1370 (Sound Blaster/Ensoniq PCI64)
    Diamond Monster Sound MX300 PCI
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz PCI
    General MIDI Daughterboard - NEC XR385 (DB60XG)
    Ensoniq SoundScape Opus (S3016)

Motherboards & Processors

Asus SP97-V Baby AT w/P5-166MMX
    Asus P5A ATX w/P5-200MMX

Pix!!!
    asusp5a1.jpg
    soundblastervibra16cct4.jpg
    3dfxvoodoo55500agp.jpg
    enlightmidtowerinternal.jpg
    3dfxvoodoo33000pci.jpg
    diamondstealth64pci.jpg
    enlightmidtowerback.jpg
    enlightmidtowerfront.jpg
    asussp97v.jpg
    soundblasterlivect4760.jpg
    soundblasterlive51digit.jpg
    turtlebeachsantacruzpci.jpg
    diamondstealth643200pci.jpg
    soundblasterpro2ct1600.jpg
    diamondmonster3dii3dfxv.jpg
    asusp5a2.jpg
    soundblastervibra16sct2.jpg
    diamondmonstersoundmx30.jpg
    soundblasterensoniqpci6.jpg
    diamondmonster3dii3dfxv.jpg
    3dfxvoodoo32000pci.jpg
    diamondstealth643200pci.jpg

Reply 1016 of 52793, by dustar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Got my hands on this one:

7054090997_272573bbea.jpg

Unfortunality, it's missing the keyboard, so I'll have to look for one.
I believe the XT is from 1986, so guess I could use an AT 101-keyboard with XT switch.

Reply 1017 of 52793, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

awesome, IBM stuff are precious 😀

edit:

well not exactly bought (except from the mobo) but I finished restoring an old BabyAT tower and made my self a second p200mmx machine! 😊

IMG00127-20120410-1431.jpg

IMG00129-20120410-1434.jpg

IMG00130-20120410-1435.jpg

mobo is the newly-bought DFI P5BV3+ revC with 128MB ram, an agp riva128zx , a boring 8139 nic and a sb16 coupled with the scc-1 ... currently installing 98SE 😁

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 1018 of 52793, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

A friend donated me some old stuff 😀

A nice ss7 ECS mobo with intel chipset (P5TX-BPRO , isa/pci) , a 5428 VLB vga and 3 386DX-40 mobos 😁

a PC-CHIPS M321 rev3.1 , had battery leakage but boots. Couldn't get the keyboard to respond though but I didn't really spent more than 5mins cleaning it... Don't know if I'll try to fix it for now.

mr73no.jpg

and these 2 small mobos that had small damage from acid and they got restored in 15mins... both boot fine and are now equipped with coin batteries.

34oo4zk.jpg

I can't remember their models atm but the left one might be a pc-chips mobo... I am thinking of building a system around the right one...

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website