Topic actions

Reply 12480 of 52998, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
MCGA wrote:
chose007 wrote:
And last days new XT here. Havent XT key so cant test it better. Its Commodore PC20-III with 8080 + 8087, onboard vga Paradise, […]
Show full quote

And last days new XT here. Havent XT key so cant test it better. Its Commodore PC20-III with 8080 + 8087, onboard vga Paradise, 5,25 FDD 360K etc.
I tried boot with HP DOS 3.3 and looks that work fine.

DSCF3203_resize_zps8jnst9ez.jpg

Cool. I've never heard of or seen a Commadore PC. Now i wants one. 😁

I know there were Commodore-branded AT towers containing Socket 4 motherboards. I had no idea Commodore-branded PCs actually existed, but they do. These even have the Commodore bezel sticker-mark thingy! 😁
But alas no LED display, oh well.

Anyway, my case fans have arrived, including a couple 92mm ones, as these are not as easy to find, but many cases seem to actually use this size.
Most are 80mm fans, I'm well stocked now 😀

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 12485 of 52998, by ElementalChaos

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've been looking for a Sony Trinitron VGA CRT for a while. Finally about a week ago I found somebody liquidating "old computer monitors" on craigslist and they happened to have a 17" KDS Avitron with a flat FD Trinitron tube. $10 and a 3-mile drive later and it was mine! It's gorgeous, and probably wasn't used much seeing as it has ZERO scratches and still had the advertising sticker on top of the bezel. Plus the height of the monitor is a perfect match for my Model M. Just flawless all around.

tBMSvJ3l.jpg

Pluto, the maxed out Dell Dimension 4100: Pentium III 1400S | 256MB | GeForce4 Ti4200 + Voodoo4 4500 | SB Live! 5.1
Charon, the DOS and early Windows time machine: K6-III+ 600 | 256MB | TNT2 Ultra + Voodoo3 2000 | Audician 32 Plus

Reply 12486 of 52998, by 386_junkie

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
nforce4max wrote:
Bought it immediately the moment I found it :cool: […]
Show full quote

Bought it immediately the moment I found it 😎

486dlc.jpg

Need to stop buying 🤣 don't want to go broke. 😵

Good buy! It's good for everyone to have at least one 386 VLB board in their collection.

I have 3 different versions of this board, OPTi chipset. The other 386 VLB boards I have are all with different chipsets.

Enjoy it... they are a rare breed.

Compaq Systempro; EISA Dual 386 ¦ Compaq Junkiepro; EISA Dual 386 ¦ ALR Powerpro; EISA Dual 386

EISA Graphic Cards ¦ EISA Graphic Card Benchmarks

Reply 12487 of 52998, by MCGA

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Tetrium wrote:
I know there were Commodore-branded AT towers containing Socket 4 motherboards. I had no idea Commodore-branded PCs actually exi […]
Show full quote
MCGA wrote:
chose007 wrote:

And last days new XT here. Havent XT key so cant test it better. Its Commodore PC20-III with 8080 + 8087, onboard vga Paradise, 5,25 FDD 360K etc.
I tried boot with HP DOS 3.3 and looks that work fine.

Cool. I've never heard of or seen a Commadore PC. Now i wants one. 😁

I know there were Commodore-branded AT towers containing Socket 4 motherboards. I had no idea Commodore-branded PCs actually existed, but they do. These even have the Commodore bezel sticker-mark thingy! 😁
But alas no LED display, oh well.

Anyway, my case fans have arrived, including a couple 92mm ones, as these are not as easy to find, but many cases seem to actually use this size.
Most are 80mm fans, I'm well stocked now 😀

I looked into these after seeing your post as it was completely new to me. 😀 The case style you got is my favorite. I found some online for a few hundred, but that's more than I'd want to spend, so maybe I can pull something off with MDF board. 😖

Reply 12488 of 52998, by amnesia

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Didn't actually buy this, but saved it from a fate of being recycled electronics.

It's nice to see that finds like this are still out there. Would have been more up my alley of needs, had it been a good soundblaster card - but all in all - I really can't complain 😀

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byp1Onynk50 … U1p0cDdBUG9Bclk

Know where you came from to know where you're going

Reply 12489 of 52998, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
amnesia wrote:

Didn't actually buy this, but saved it from a fate of being recycled electronics.

It's nice to see that finds like this are still out there. Would have been more up my alley of needs, had it been a good soundblaster card - but all in all - I really can't complain 😀

Can you make disk images of those floppys you have there?? Because i want to upload it on vogonsdrivers.com

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 12490 of 52998, by 386_junkie

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
BSA Starfire wrote:
386_junkie wrote:
hard1k wrote:

AmiBay

Second that... I have found some interesting parts here, and managed to part with a few of my spares

Indeed, Amibay is a great source.
I love the Amstrad 9486i I got from you, use it most days, it's a cracking little computer after I fixed the damage inflicted by Hermes(Grrrr...) 🤣

Yes, hopefully now Hermes have taught their drivers to read and understand the meaning when "Fragile" tape is wrapped around something. 🤣

Good to hear it is getting full use.

Compaq Systempro; EISA Dual 386 ¦ Compaq Junkiepro; EISA Dual 386 ¦ ALR Powerpro; EISA Dual 386

EISA Graphic Cards ¦ EISA Graphic Card Benchmarks

Reply 12491 of 52998, by rein_ein

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

picked today:

Slot 1 Transcend TS-ABX mobo with 500 mhz Katmai P3 (btw this board have SB-Link header so you may add it to list)

5plngepl.jpg
1Lq2AfMl.jpg

with ram one of it is bga Levin (da hell is this company btw?)

TYuis7tl.jpg
6N78DT5l.jpg

Pine TNT2 Vanta 16m PT-5988-3Q

Spk1xsJl.jpg
TrvmL2Kl.jpg

simple pci Crystal CS4620-CM sound card

HK42r6al.jpg

and some securty boot board w/o key

HcwyO9El.jpg

3x5uzq-5.png
4sv43l-5.png

Reply 12492 of 52998, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If I recall correctly the BGA style ram is better for overclocking and produces less heat than the older style ram. Also it is pretty rare for pc133

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 12493 of 52998, by stamasd

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Picked up a new in the box (the box is opened but the item inside is still in shrink-wrap) HP-branded PS/2 keyboard from my local Goodwill. Paid a whopping $1.60 for it.

I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,
With a bit and a byte
And a read and a write,
I/O, I/O

Reply 12494 of 52998, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
rein_ein wrote:

Slot 1 Transcend TS-ABX mobo with 500 mhz Katmai P3 (btw this board have SB-Link header so you may add it to list)

Nice...
Install 512mb RAM and a TNT2-Pro/Ultra-32mb plus some V2 and you get a nice year 1998/99 gaming machine.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 12495 of 52998, by amnesia

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Robin4 wrote:
amnesia wrote:

Can you make disk images of those floppys you have there?? Because i want to upload it on vogonsdrivers.com

You bet - as soon as I get my hands on a working drive to access the drivers - then I'll let them flow you way 😀

Know where you came from to know where you're going

Reply 12496 of 52998, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
chose007 wrote:
some new atypical things […]
Show full quote

some new atypical things

GB with 875P and all possible equip

DSCF3255_resize_zpsicgdchmi.jpg

AMAZING!!! Where did you find this????? It's been impossible to find one of these for over 7 years for me on eBay! Very nice!!!! this is my first post in months...I saw the pic and just had to comment.. 😀

I used to use an *8KNXP" like this for my every day rig, (but without the RAID IDE connectors like yours has). I am just in awe 😲 . That is one of the best s478 boards ever made IMHO! but I fried mine when I crossed some frayed wires on my PS 😢 ...they are a bit notorious for having BIOS issues as they get older and it becomes very difficult to repair from what I have heard but as long as it works it is one of my favorite M/B's of all time!

I loved that it had 6 RAM slots...I think that it was the only consumer model to have that at the time (besides the other variations of the 8KNXP and Ultra 64 with SCSI).

I still keep my damaged board (and original box and packaging as well) hoping that one day I will be able to get it repaired by some miracle 🤣.

Anyways...are you planning a build with it? If so, keep us posted. I would love to see an "Ultimate s478 build" with that board!!

Reply 12497 of 52998, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

^^ Always loved this board as well as the GA-8INXP, one of the first P4 dual-channel DDR boards (Granite Bay chipset). It also used that DPS riser... Gimmicky or not, very cool stuff.

My Retro B:\ytes YouTube Channel & Retro Collection
LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 12498 of 52998, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Useful little garage sale haul for ten bucks. I see a new hard drive for my 386 in there and a second drive for my 486 Thinkpad. The 32MB cards are handy for a couple 8-bit machines with CF readers I have. 😀

compactflash.jpg
Filename
compactflash.jpg
File size
233.43 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!